Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jessica Ennis-Hill retires from athletics

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As expected, the nation's darling has retired from athletics. Best British female athlete ever?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/37641093

Jessica-Ennis-Hill-273844.jpg

:love:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shwing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm devastated. Ennis Elbow*, my contribution to the Viz Profanisaurus about five years ago, will be no more.

*A repetitive strain injury incurred by teenage boys whilst watching the 2012 Olympic heptathlon finals on TV over a full two days, with their trousers round their ankles and only a box of empty and discarded Kleenex for company.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An incredible athlete and a lovely human being. A proper role model for all kids(and adults). Hope she doesn't disappear from public life.

Agreed.

She's smart and articulate (and VERY easy on the eye), so she'll have a role on TV sports coverage for years to come if she wants to go down that route. Although she might have to keep a bit of a crafty eye out over her shoulder for BALDING in the BBC locker room.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great role model; I wish her well in whatever she does next.

That'll be Sprog No. 2 in Hello / OK Magazine, then some Commonwealth Games guest punditry and Strictly Come Dancing in 2018.

I'm A Celebrity / Celebrity Bake-Off / Celebrity Big Brother etc - as National Treasure the world's her oyster.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
That'll be Sprog No. 2 in Hello / OK Magazine, then some Commonwealth Games guest punditry and Strictly Come Dancing in 2018.

I'm A Celebrity / Celebrity Bake-Off / Celebrity Big Brother etc - as National Treasure the world's her oyster.

I very much doubt that will be the path she takes. She was quite cold on the idea of being a TV pundit when she was asked about her post-athletics career intentions earlier this year.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I don't see her going into broadcasting. I don't think that's her bag somehow, although I dare say she will get plenty of lucrative offers on that score. I wouldn't be surprised to see her getting involved in promoting or administering her sport later down the line, or being a figurehead at least.

She has been fantastic for her sport. Such a great role model, both for her sport and also for her gender. On the track, she's been an absolute warrior but off the track she has conducted herself with humility, humour and charm. A lovely woman.

I wouldn't say she is the greatest British sportswoman of my lifetime. But she is in the top 1.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In Rio, she took not winning with such grace. She knew shed tried her best and did everything she could.

A lovely woman who clearly doesn't mind other people coming first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here