Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton would be a good fit for England job....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
England should take a look at Chris Hughton as their next manager – according to a touchline rival.

Phil Brown, former boss of next opponents Preston North End, has suggested the Seagulls chief as a potential candidate for the top job if Gareth Southgate does not impress.
He believes Hughton, who is a former Republic of Ireland international but was born and raised in London, has impressed as “a tactician and a technician” in the club game.
Brown expects Crawley boy Southgate to remain in control of the national side if his remaining two games as stand-in go well.

But, if England continue to struggle, the FA net will be cast again.
Brown said: “Chris Hughton comes to mind for me because of the great job he has been doing in the English game.
“He’s a tactician and a technician and he has been at some big clubs both as a player and as a manager.

Well would he ?

Not something I would like to see probably the best manager we have had in sometime and very hard to replace.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Absolutely not. England demands a manager that can dance, and I mean REALLY dance, like what that sexy bustard Pardew does. He makes my scrotum go all tingly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really don't think he'd be interested at this time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The FA has just released a press statement on rumours of CH becoming new England manager.

"We categorically deny any truth in the rumour that CH is in the running for the England job.
He doesn't fit the profile.
We are looking for somebody who has skeletons in the cupboard, friendly with Arry Redknapps accountant, likes being set up in fake Arab dodgy deals, loves Wayne Rooney and would take millions without batting an eyelid."
(allegedly)
:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If CH weren't the Albion manager I'd laugh in the face of this 'story'.

Seeing him work it's hard to imagine there's a better man for the job. :down:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He would just be another lamb to the slaughter. All the time we have the Premier League in its current format we will never get a decent England team together.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I firmly believe that there isn't a manager out there that could make the England team a success.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So would Steve Bruce, Sean Dyche and a number of other managers why single out CH?

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
Would CH be interested in the job though or is he committed to staying here? Hopefully he is.

Eddie Howe's name has been linked to England a few times but apparently he has no intention of leaving Bournemouth.

I guess it depends how strong the bond is between manager and club and whether they can be lured away.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Would CH be interested in the job though or is he committed to staying here? Hopefully he is.

Eddie Howe's name has been linked to England a few times but apparently he has no intention of leaving Bournemouth.

I guess it depends how strong the bond is between manager and club and whether they can be lured away.

I think CH & TB have that special bond after that Gunt Poyet fiasco it must be such a pleasure to work with CH who seems measured realistic and can see above and beyond any ceiling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here