Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fury Vacates Belts

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He claimed that he took cocaine to help with his depression. That's like trying to medicate a bad stomach by eating raw steak.

He always gave the impression of not being the cleverest boxer, but to come out with the statement that taking cocaine to help with depression, when the well known downside to cocaine includes anxiety, paranoia and depression just shows how ill conceived the depression remedy was.

Just wonder if he will have his boxing licence revoked.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He always gave the impression of not being the cleverest boxer, but to come out with the statement that taking cocaine to help with depression, when the well known downside to cocaine includes anxiety, paranoia and depression just shows how ill conceived the depression remedy was.

Just wonder if he will have his boxing licence revoked.

Until I see some evidence he's been clinically diagnosed with depression I can only assume, from the evidence he has shown, he's an ill-disciplined and lazy moron.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's said some terrible things. But this is the exact summation of a certain type of depression. Expressing the despair in a way a lot of people can't.

[Yt]NY7_MhZGGnw[/yt]

I'm sorry but on its own this doesn't mean much; many people have erratic thoughts. As I have said I'd like to see some medical evidence. Why isn't he producing this?

Sadly the term depression is thrown around a lot these days without real understanding or any clinical diagnosis and especially from celebrities and sports people; it belittles and hampers those who have a real need.

Last edited:

BlackDove

Oct 10, 2016
I'm sorry but on its own this doesn't mean much; many people have erratic thoughts. As I have said I'd like to see some medical evidence. Why isn't he producing this?

Sadly the term depression is thrown around a lot these days without real understanding or any clinical diagnosis and especially from celebrities and sports people; it belittles and hampers those who have a real need.

I think he probably does suffer from some form of depression. He probably has never been to a doctor for a diagnosis. He's just been self-medicating with cocaine, which is ****ing stupid because it does the opposite of help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here