Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve McClaren

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He did ok there before until the Newcastle job talk distracted him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This - It troubles me that his ego is such that the Newcastle thing completely distracted him, but the football up to that point was brilliant, and we weren't a bad team either.

I think it was the jammiest EVER Albion 2-0 win against Derby that did for you that season. I have never seen a more one sided game that the best team lost :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think it was the jammiest EVER Albion 2-0 win against Derby that did for you that season. I have never seen a more one sided game that the best team lost :lolol:

I know, and our goals weren't even good goals were they Steve? The bloke is plank of the highest possible order

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Hehe, I wouldn't have admitted it then but it felt like a turning point.... Games like that can knock the stuffing out, if you're crap and lose (as we were the previous Saturday at Fulham) then heyho but to play well and lose is hard to take

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We beat Leicester 1-0 with a Virgo goal some years back - that was pretty one sided.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Word on the street is that he doesn't - It's a shame, Chris Powell has legendary status at Derby but it comes with a lot of expectation and I'm not sure how he'd cope.
Radio five just said Powell wants to work as number 2 to McLaren. Personally I'd love it if McLaren got the job. Any time anything goes remotely pear shaped, and the fans will turn on him. Oh, and he's a complete IDIOT as well as a bad sport who thinks Allardyce's actions were nothing to worry about. Prat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's truly bizarre the way members of the English Serial Loser Managers Club such as Steve McClaren just rumble on from job to job. Has to be a large part of the problem of failure of the national side shirley? Where's the fresh thinking? Why do certain managers with a long track record of mediocrity always get the gig? ???

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He's a good coach.

That's been the defence for years, wish I could get away with that in the workplace. How do we know he's a good coach, because he was the (a?) coach at MU during a golden period?

I'm not convinced, might be a case of being in the right place at the right time, Matteo like?

Anyway I'd be delighted if he got the job

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It would be amazing if they did! I would be pissed off if I were a Rams fan

I'd be pissed off that they've had such a dire start to the season. Until their recent win they were taking something like ~90 shots for each goal they scored. It's ridiculous.

I can't see McLaren being the answer, but I desperately hope he goes there to see how quickly they turn on him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think it was Napoleon who said you should never interrupt an opponent when they're making a mistake.

I've actually watched McClaren coach at reasonably close quarters at an open England session. It was immediately clear that the players had no respect for him whatever.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think it was Napoleon who said you should never interrupt an opponent when they're making a mistake.

I've actually watched McClaren coach at reasonably close quarters at an open England session. It was immediately clear that the players had no respect for him whatever.

Calling them Stevie G, JT , Wazza didn't exactly ask for respect to him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here