Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Odell Here I Am - potential football song?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Surely, SURELY, this song is crying out to be a football chant. Maybe something for one of our boys who doesn't have his "own" song.

How about, substitute "going out my head here darling" for "boings it off his head, our Dunky"?

Now, I can already here the guffaws of laughter and derision, and I would be the very first to admit that I am somewhat lyrically challenged. So I lay down the gauntlet for all you poetic types out there...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I rate Tom Odell. Good tunes and seems like a good lad.

Can't help thinking that he was thinking "Kevin ****ing Spacey! Actual Kevin ****ing Spacey.... is in my ****ing video!" though.

I would have. Brilliant.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Surely, SURELY, this song is crying out to be a football chant. Maybe something for one of our boys who doesn't have his "own" song.

How about, substitute "going out my head here darling" for "boings it off his head, our Dunky"?

Now, I can already here the guffaws of laughter and derision, and I would be the very first to admit that I am somewhat lyrically challenged. So I lay down the gauntlet for all you poetic types out there...
The "na na na na na, naa naa na" thing does actually work too and if Seven Nation Army can become such a massive international chant used for everything then why not?

Only problem being the two lines have different notes. Some may struggle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here