Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloke in Hove spends 11 hours trying to get a Wifi kettle to boil

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That would be Mark Rittman of Rittman Mead fame, extremely intelligent and successful but based on the few hours I've spent with him, a bit of a sociopath. I have a couple of his books though, they are very good.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't see the problem. We've all spent many an hour trying to set up new technology.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can't see the problem. We've all spent many an hour trying to set up new technology.

usually new technology is an advance, wether a labour saving device or a improvement to daily lives. wifi kettles are neither, they are a techie-toy, fun for a days novelty then their technology is redundant. wasting more time than it takes to turn the kettle on 3900 times doesnt seems an advance of any kind. and further, it looks like the makers havent taken it very seriously, with poor software and documentation so it doesnt even work well in the field.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloke in Hove spends 11 hours trying to get a Wifi kettle to boil

He should have stopped watching it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
usually new technology is an advance, wether a labour saving device or a improvement to daily lives. wifi kettles are neither, they are a techie-toy, fun for a days novelty then their technology is redundant.
Well yeah, there is that.

wasting more time than it takes to turn the kettle on 3900 times doesnt seems an advance of any kind. and further, it looks like the makers havent taken it very seriously, with poor software and documentation so it doesnt even work well in the field.
Surely it wasn't designed to work in the field?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As my late mum used to say 'a watched pot never boils',or a watched micro never waves,or something like that.:tumble:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here