Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdraw from world cup

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Given Russia's behaviour in Syria it is unthinkable that any EU or Nato country could take part in the world cup finals. As a gesture of solidarity with the people of Aleppo we should withdraw now

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We don't have to decide to go or not yet.

Maybe we won't qualify anyway ???

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Given Russia's behaviour in Syria it is unthinkable that any EU or Nato country could take part in the world cup finals. As a gesture of solidarity with the people of Aleppo we should withdraw now

Should England and the USA also be banned from the tournament for arming the conflict and a civil war in the first place? Likewise for turning Libya into hell on earth?

Saying that Russia shouldn't be allowed to host the tournament on their position on gay rights alone.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Should England and the USA also be banned from the tournament for arming the conflict and a civil war in the first place? Likewise for turning Libya into hell on earth?

Saying that Russia shouldn't be allowed to host the tournament on their position on gay rights alone.

Its about doing something to embarass or hurt Putin. He will use the world cup to enhance his prestige . The West should use it to express its collective disdain and contempt. But it has to be done now

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If anyone was going to withdraw it would have been done by now. Too lucrative for respective FAs to pull out of it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'm sure many England fans are looking forward to reeacquainting themselves with the friends they made this summer in France.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I think we should withdraw (and from the 2022 fiasco) - for the safety of travelling fans if nothing else. Probably shouldn't drop that bombshell until after we qualify, unless it's part of wider sanctions.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Yes, I think we should withdraw (and from the 2022 fiasco) - for the safety of travelling fans if nothing else. Probably shouldn't drop that bombshell until after we qualify, unless it's part of wider sanctions.

I think it should be part of new sanctons imposed by Eu and US now and only lifted if they stop bombing immediately

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How stupid would you have to be to go and watch England in Russia? I can picture a football result being blamed for causing dozens of English fans to die from sudden heart attacks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The rest of the world would be in uproar if this happened, we'd be ostracized from world football...
No other nation will be happy about...

...missing the easiest seeded group.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's gonna be a complete and utter shambles, mark my words!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here