Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one ?? England on TV

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
So who else will be watching England tonight, looking forward to a sublime game of football from England ... the start of a new era only to be frustrated at the end of 90 minutes when its the same old performance... why do we do this to ourselves.????
Well at least I've got booze in to numb the pain...:)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So who else will be watching England tonight, looking forward to a sublime game of football from England ... the start of a new era only to be frustrated at the end of 90 minutes when its the same old performance... why do we do this to ourselves.????
Well at least I've got booze in to numb the pain...:)
My son wants to watch it so I'll be watching. Just glad Shrek is on the bench. Perhaps we'll actually move the ball quickly..... Probably not.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My wife is out tonight, so it will be on, in the background. Probably. I am not, though, looking forward to a sublime game of football. It'll be shit, and counts towards qualification to a shit World Cup. I don't care if we win or not. At all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An evening down the local watching football on the tellybox. Sounds alright.

I'm IN.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'll be watching, the whole point of being a supporter is to suffer the bad times whislt enjoying the good (it'll happen eventually!), it'd feel wrong to not sit through it.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I think you'll FIND our FREE Albion shirts are a lot MORE important than a POXY England GAME. This could go VIRAL and you worry about ENGLAND ?

I know nothing about the free Albion shirt.. now I will be worrying about 2 things... Ernest you cad

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
On in the background, as much as i want England to win everything possible International football just bores me to death now. All the usual moans about the players - overpaid, no real incentive with England, just a game to get in the way of the 150K that the club pays them etc etc etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For everyone who grizzles at how SHIT we are - we've not actually lost a qualifier of any kind since losing 1-0 in Ukraine back in October 2009. FACT.

OK, we all know we stink at tournaments. But we are absolute MUSTARD at getting there.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
For everyone who grizzles at how SHIT we are - we've not actually lost a qualifier of any kind since losing 1-0 in Ukraine back in October 2009. FACT.

OK, we all know we stink at tournaments. But we are absolute MUSTARD at getting there.

and we win what during the qualifying stages ????

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

When was the last qualifier that was actually any good, though? They are incredibly rare. Usually we huff and puff, plodding away to produce underwhelming performances such as that against Malta. Yes, we generally win, but the opposition has not exactly been a challenge in those years, has it?

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Shame we only play dross in the qualifiers only to end up like startled rabbits in the headlights when a half reasonable team plays us.

No, won't be bothering with this magnificent pummelling of minnows which probably won't happen anyway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Top of my head that was to a peno and we had 10 men for a lot of it too...

I'll be watching but expect Slovenia to park the bus and is to struggle to break them down resulting in half of Twitter and most of NSC declaring us 'shit' :thumbsup:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
and we win what during the qualifying stages ????

We win fruitless hope. And we win it big.

I'm pretty sure we've been top (or at least joint top) qualifiers in the past 2 WC qualifying campaigns.

I'm watching for sure, I very rarely miss England matches but I must confess I am much less bothered on whether we get anywhere nowadays. It's either my age, the fact Albion are consistently doing well (apart from a blip season!) or the relentless bettering I've taken from watching England choke at the finals of every tournament since '98.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When was the last qualifier that was actually any good, though? They are incredibly rare. Usually we huff and puff, plodding away to produce underwhelming performances such as that against Malta. Yes, we generally win, but the opposition has not exactly been a challenge in those years, has it?

The Swiss games were quite good if memory serves me right. It's difficult to play against teams intent on parking the bus though isn't it.. The Germany game was a great example of the sort of football we can play against better teams.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Going to watch Hastings Utd v Margate in FA Cup replay. If Saturday's England game is anything to go by it will be a better game at the Pilot Field tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here