Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing - the poll

What would you want to do about safe-standing in the North Stand?

• Currently North Stand STH - Would prefer to SIT elsewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Currently STH elsewhere - Would prefer to SIT in the North Stand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This is a poll to determine whether there is any mileage in the notion of safe-standing at the Amex.

It presumes certain things...
• Safe-standing, if it is brought in, will be in the North Stand and/or the North corners
• It won't obstruct anyone's view
• The price of your ticket doesn't change
• The capacity remains the same

There may be some games, cup matches against smaller teams, for instance, where people want to buy a standing space as a one-off. I'm specifically asking about this from being Season Ticket Holder's - i.e. regular matches.

Of course, it's not scientific, but it may give an indicator of how many STHs would fancy having this brought in. In other words, would the club lose any custom? New / returning supporters would only be allowed to obtain STs into the North Stand IF anyone moves from there, as I believe the North Stand is sold out for STs.

The other thing about this poll is that I can't find another one on this topic, though apologies if fixtures...

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A yes from me. It'll not interfere with anyone wanting to sit and will most likely encourage a bit of singing which in turn helps the players out. I can't really see a downside.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
So every non STH has to click other then? or am I missing something that this thread is only to gauge the opinion of STH? (I saw the part about moving for cup games as a season ticket thing but not the rest of the poll)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be my age as I didnt sit in my normal seat for the Reading cup tie, still in Lower West but nearer North end. I must say the singers sat behind me and it really got on my nerves and was very annoying with continual repeats of illogical songs not like in the days of The North stand at The Goldstone when the songs were amusing and often quite funny.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It must be my age as I didnt sit in my normal seat for the Reading cup tie, still in Lower West but nearer Nofth end. I must say the singers sat behind me and it really got on my nerves and was very annoying with continual repeats of illogical songs not like in the days of The North stand at The Goldstone when the songs were amusing.

You only want The Logical Song by Supertramp to be sung?

Then at night, when Ben's Grandad's asleep
The questions run so deep
For such a simple man

Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell him not to stand.

Seems apt.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Happy to support those that want an all-standing area but it's not for me. I've got attached to my comfy seat in ESU.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm happy with my seat in the WSU but am more than happy for the North Stand to errr....stand should they wish.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
So every non STH has to click other then? or am I missing something that this thread is only to gauge the opinion of STH? (I saw the part about moving for cup games as a season ticket thing but not the rest of the poll)

I'm actually trying to zero in on the thoughts of current North Stand STHs; they would be the ones most affected - with the addition of whether anyone would move if safe-standing was brought in.

I guess the point new / returning fans wanting STs in the North Stand is only relevant if any or many leave the North Stand because they don't want to be in a standing environment. And that, I feel, is a slightly different subject.

It must be my age as I didnt sit in my normal seat for the Reading cup tie, still in Lower West but nearer North end. I must say the singers sat behind me and it really got on my nerves and was very annoying with continual repeats of illogical songs not like in the days of The North stand at The Goldstone when the songs were amusing and often quite funny.

Coming from an expert on getting on people's nerves we need to take heed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon Safe Standing will be confined to the North Stand. Currently the rest of the ground mark us up or down on our singing, as if watching the North Stand is a spectator sport in itself. Just think how brilliant it would be for the rest of the ground to mark us up or down on our standing and/or Kop-like swaying. Shall we create an atmosphere for you? :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

I 100% want to see safe standing, and it should be in the north stand.

But I don't intend to move from my lovely ST seat down the flanks.

I am therefore worried that saying I would sit where I currently do would not make my vote seem like I support safe standing, when I do

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I 100% want to see safe standing, and it should be in the north stand.

But I don't intend to move from my lovely ST seat down the flanks.

I am therefore worried that saying I would sit where I currently do would not make my vote seem like I support safe standing, when I do

Being in favour of / against safe-standing would be a different poll.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When it gets going the atmosphere at the Amex is pretty darn good but it usually takes something good or bad to get us all going , iv'e no idea why some people sit in absolute silence throughout a game and it's nowt to do with me , but lets get this off the ground and give the players full on support during the game even if there's not much happening , plus anything to bring back the knees up mother brown song with the occasional hokey cokey during dull 0-0 matches is ok by me .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
"Current STH elsewhere - will stay where I am"

Nothing to do with sitting/standing in the north, but I simply don't like watching football from behind a goal. Much prefer watching from a side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One solution would be the back 15 rows as safe standing in the North stand, and the front 9 as sitting. That way, those of us who like to sing, but want to sit can still be accommodated.

It also means that the people sitting still get cheap seats, and don't have to move out of the stand.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

You are the most boring person there has ever been.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a poll to determine whether there is any mileage in the notion of safe-standing at the Amex.
I would very much like safe-standing to be introduced at the Amex. It will help create a better atmosphere, and I also want young people to be able to enjoy a match while standing, as I remember doing all those years ago.

I won't be able to join in though. So which answer should I put in the poorly thought out poll?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here