Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Helen's Law.

FishPie

Banned
Sep 2, 2016
23 yr old Helen McCourt who was abducted and murdered by Ian Simms in 1988 and he's up for parole next year.

The question is - should killers be denied parole untill they let the grieving families know where their loved ones are buried?

Personally I'd make life mean life.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Parole should be granted when certain criteria are met, in fact I'm sure that it is already the case. For me, admitting to the crime and showing genuine remorse, how to judge genuine is obviously up for debate but (in this case) genuine remorse should include letting families know where their relatives are buried.

I think we should be more creative with our punishments too. Think of something really labour intensive and get criminals to do the work, starting with clearing up rubbish left by motorists next to motorways.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
23 yr old Helen McCourt who was abducted and murdered by Ian Simms in 1988 and he's up for parole next year.

The question is - should killers be denied parole untill they let the grieving families know where their loved ones are buried?

'New' poster who joined a few weeks ago: Check
Three posts, two on populist 'crime' issues and one on the EU: Check
No mention of the Albion since joining NSC: Check

I wonder if this just might, just might, be one of our old banned friends under a new nom de plume? ???

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I wonder if this just might, just might, be one of our old banned friends under a new nom de plume? ???
If people have been banned, indefinitely, and they return under an assumed avatars, couldn't their IP address be blocked?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
From what I have read about him he has shown no remorse and has not told anyone where he has buried her, so life should mean life. If someone shows remorse and informs where someone is buried they should only be entitled to a better prison for the rest of their lives, so life should still mean life but slightly better enviroment.

If someone hasn't disclosed where a body is buried, they should certainly not have access to a TV.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If people have been banned, indefinitely, and they return under an assumed avatars, couldn't their IP address be blocked?

If you use a home network, a mobile phone, access from work, a VPN, free wifi in a coffee shop etc... you can have dozens of IP addresses. And they can be the same as other NSC users.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=34760]FishPie[/MENTION] - If your child is within 30 days of turning 7, and not yet a Junior Seagull then you are in for some bad news...

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

But surely life means life?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They should be breaking rocks for 14 hours a day as it is! , let alone not having an effing TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here