Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Offical I think I am allergic to Pineapple thread

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
So I really like pineapple but when I eat it I get like a furry tongue and the roof of my mouth hurts....

Anybody know if it is actually dangerous for me to be eating Pineapple as I would assume I am allergic to it...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I had this with Pineapple a few years ago, my lips SWELLED up massively. Odd but then my body must have got used to it cause I am ok now.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Interesting fact about Pineapple #1

If you add fresh Pineapple to jelly it will not set. If you add tinned Pineapple the jelly will set as usual.

Maybe the difference in chemical makeup has something to do with being allergic to Pineapple.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

If you add fresh Pineapple to jelly it will not set. If you add tinned Pineapple the jelly will set as usual.

Maybe the difference in chemical makeup has something to do with being allergic to Pineapple.

So maybe I should try tinned pineapple!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Interesting fact about Pineapple #2

English is the only language where it is not referred to (or pronounced) as either ananas or a varation of it.

Can't imagine why other nations see us as being awkward!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Pijnappel, Pinapfel. Also usage of Pomme de Pin in French (maybe archaic) and in Latin Pomum Pini.
Interesting!

I believe that I will stick with the information provided by Google for now (despite there being some conflicting answers) mostly as no-one seems to be all that sure but also the fact doesn't work if I agree with you.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So I really like pineapple but when I eat it I get like a furry tongue and the roof of my mouth hurts....

Anybody know if it is actually dangerous for me to be eating Pineapple as I would assume I am allergic to it...

You know your supposed to take the skin off yes? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I get a similar reaction with peaches, apples (the skin), cherries, some nuts, maybe some other things. It's never given me any problem other than the top of my mouth/tongue/throat itching, but that's enough to make me avoid them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here