Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe Standing – YES – Poster for Sat 15 Oct v Preston. Show your support.

nskbha

Safe Standing – YES. Give fans a choice.

Following the recent announcement that the club are looking into the possibility of introducing a Safe Standing area should the law in England change; we are asking fellow Albion fans to publicly show their support for the campaign so that fans can have a choice.

Please print the poster saved here and hold it up at the start of Saturday’s game v Preston to show your support for the Safe Standing campaign.

Please also contact your MP here, asking them to support any future changes to legislation to allow Safe Standing in England.

You can find out more about Safe Standing on the Football Supporters Federation (FSF) website here.

Our understanding is that the club are in contact with the Safe Standing Roadshow and a visit to the Albion is being arranged. This will allow fans to experience the ‘Safe Standing’ (modern rail seat) system for themselves.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Do we really need to show support? The club has said that it will engage with fans!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I for one 1 would not like the return of standing as I prefer seating provided everybody sits in their seats. Probably an age things but I would not support standing.
What about supporting it for the supporters who do want to stand?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Safe Standing – YES. Give fans a choice.

Following the recent announcement that the club are looking into the possibility of introducing a Safe Standing area should the law in England change; we are asking fellow Albion fans to publicly show their support for the campaign so that fans can have a choice.

Please print the poster saved here and hold it up at the start of Saturday’s game v Preston to show your support for the Safe Standing campaign.

Please also contact your MP here, asking them to support any future changes to legislation to allow Safe Standing in England.

You can find out more about Safe Standing on the Football Supporters Federation (FSF) website here.

Our understanding is that the club are in contact with the Safe Standing Roadshow and a visit to the Albion is being arranged. This will allow fans to experience the ‘Safe Standing’ (modern rail seat) system for themselves.

12 posts in 4 years. You must be an ardent fan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I for one 1 would not like the return of standing as I prefer seating provided everybody sits in their seats. Probably an age things but I would not support standing.
It's not an age thing, it's something else about you.

I won't be standing, but it's important to me that others can, to create a better atmosphere.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Used to be very 'laissez-faire' about this whole thing since Reading away a few seasons ago when some fans let us all down badly by insisting to stand in front of the (elevated) wheelchair section and offering some abuse when politely asked to respect the situation and sit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If people want to stand and they get their wish then good luck to them, for me as I get older it has to be seating

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I thought you was happy at the moment, i dont get this reply, if there was just 1 seat in the stadium (front row) and it was yours then you would be ok wouldn't you, so what about any other fans, and i am sure there are many, that want safe standing. That is a very selfish attitude.
But i must agree that the club is leading the idea so i do not see at the moment why people need to hold up posters.
If or when a party of decision makers visit a match at The Amex to assess the possibility then that is the time to do it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The club have already announced they are looking into is so why do we need a poster. Not for me!

It has to be passed by the government before any club can implement safe standing, which is why we're being asked to contact our MPs.

I cannot stand now, for a whole match, but I do support choice, and for those who want to stand, there must be an area for standing.

Up the Albion.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

You've gone wrong.

Plenty of people stand with seats anyway. Why not make it safer by having a standing area?

theboybilly

It has to be passed by the government before any club can implement safe standing, which is why we're being asked to contact our MPs.

I cannot stand now, for a whole match, but I do support choice, and for those who want to stand, there must be an area for standing.

Up the Albion.

I can't stand for the whole game either. I muddle through at most away games because we usually have spare seats where I can find a decent view. But I would still support safe standing for those that wanted it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What's that got to do with it? Just because you don't want to stand, doesn't mean others can't. Back in the days of terraces, there were seats available for those that wanted to sit. If standing areas were available, people standing in front of others sitting down wouldn't be an issue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here