Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend get away suggestions wanted

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Am thinking of booking up a little weekend break for me and the family over the weekend of 11-13th November. There's no football and work is likely to be lighter the week after.

It's me, the wife and our 2 boys. 6years & 18 months and we'd love somewhere with plenty for the kids and ideally an indoor swimming pool.

Do the good people of NSC have any recommendations for a pre winter trip away

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Am thinking of booking up a little weekend break for me and the family over the weekend of 11-13th November. There's no football and work is likely to be lighter the week after.

It's me, the wife and our 2 boys. 6years & 18 months and we'd love somewhere with plenty for the kids and ideally an indoor swimming pool.

Do the good people of NSC have any recommendations for a pre winter trip away

Assuming you're not looking to travel far. Jersey perhaps ? Close by but feels further, plenty of cheap flights from Gatwick. The Merton Hotel has a pool with water slides for young kids and does good deals. The Jersey zoo is fantastic, there are loads of good places to eat. Very, very cheap to hire a car to look around the Island too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Center Parcs? We went to Holland (many years ago admittedly) and it was cheaper than UK even allowing for the tunnel. Bit of an adventure too. Of course Brexit may have put pay to that due to £/€ exchange rates.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Wigan 22 Oct
Bristol 5 Nov
Cardiff 3 Dec...

Oh just read your post properly...do the above anyway...

Last edited:

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Woolacombe bay hotel, great beach and lovely facilities.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Center Parcs? We went to Holland (many years ago admittedly) and it was cheaper than UK even allowing for the tunnel. Bit of an adventure too. Of course Brexit may have put pay to that due to £/€ exchange rates.

I've never been, but one of the Centre Parcs in Holland has a snow dome. Get your eldest snowboarding from an early age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here