Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did a hero of yours ever fall from grace in your eyes, and why?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Before everyone realised he was a category one PILLOCK we bumped into Monty Panesar in Brighton on a night out.

Now, sure, we had a few bevvies and he was probably keen to just have a night out but....

We had just bumped into Liam Bridcutt, Ashley Barnes and few other Brighton players who were MORE than happy to join in with our group photo. Again I'm sure they thought we were idiots but at least they played along.

My mate then politely approaches Monty and says what a big fan he is and whether we could have a photo.

"**** off" was his response. Completely unnecessary.

One month later he pissed on a bouncer

He went up in my estimation after that.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jimmy White.

Been lucky enough to meet him twice and he's such a nice person but when his autobiography came out and revealed that cocaine ruined his chances of ever winning the World Championship I was saddened. He could have won it multiple times.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Tiger Woods for me... A legend of a sporting figure turned into a sleezy bag of shite

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Viv Richards. Supremely talented cricketer but when I saw him contemptuously wave away a youngster who had asked - very politely - for his autograph, I went right off him. Maybe his piles were playing him up.

Very unusual in my experience for a professional cricketer to behave that way.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Bono. Started off as a creative and articulate band leader, ended up as some sort of up-his-own-arse preacher come world changer. :wanker:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bono. Started off as a creative and articulate band leader, ended up as some sort of up-his-own-arse preacher come world changer. :wanker:
Definitely. Some sort of warped wealth/guilt thing going on there. But not enough to stop dodging taxes or making a fortune from Facebook obviously.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Viv Richards. Supremely talented cricketer but when I saw him contemptuously wave away a youngster who had asked - very politely - for his autograph, I went right off him. Maybe his piles were playing him up.

Very unusual in my experience for a professional cricketer to behave that way.

Before him, there was Ted Dexter, who commonly behaved like that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Also I've never quite forgiven Eddie Izzard for sneering at me once in an Edinburgh pizzeria, when all I did was congratulate him on the show he'd just given in the theatre over the road as he walked past my table.

But you can't stay mad for long at someone who invented Mrs. Badcrumble

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I really like Alan Partridge until we were at a restaurant for my mother's 70th birthday. We took a couple of family photos and Coogan jumped up from a balcony table and hurled abuse at us for taking photos of him. We didn't know he was there until that point. Shame he can be a dick, when he has so much talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here