Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did a hero of yours ever fall from grace in your eyes, and why?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Shane MacGowan for me.

I used to adore the Pogues, but made the mistake of reading his 2002 autobiography 'A Drink with Shane MacGowan'...

He came across as such an insufferable shit, I can't even bear to listen to them any more...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Johnny Morris. It turned out he never could talk to the animals. Absolute bullshitter.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Scott Weiland for me.

I used to adore Stone Temple Pilots & Velvet Revolver, but made the mistake of reading his 2011 autobiography 'Not Dead And Not For Sale'...

He came across as such an insufferable shit, and despite the title of his book, he is now very much dead and for sale.

https://globalrebels.com/scott-weiland-12

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Des Lynam - After he joined ITV in 1999, it was just never the same for me.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Shane MacGowan for me.

I used to adore the Pogues, but made the mistake of reading his 2002 autobiography 'A Drink with Shane MacGowan'...

He came across as such an insufferable shit, I can't even bear to listen to them any more...

"The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With KT17"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4v6aNjGFFk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wouldn't say he reached hero status, but I learned a lot about being an editor and really warmed to Piers Morgan from reading 'The Insider' (I'm talking about YEARS ago, before he was 'famous', or should that be infamous?).

Sadly, we all know what's happened to him since and he continues to fall down in my estimations. In fact, scrap that, he already hit rock bottom a while ago.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yep, an Albion legend. NEVER become friends with your hero. One of my big regrets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here