Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Netherlands v France ITV4

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
England look good when we play a team actually trying to play football. It's when we play a team who just shove 11 behind the ball that we look a bit clueless & pedestrian. Unfortunately a lot of the smaller nations play like that against us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some hit from Pogba that! Yes keeps should've saved it but the power & dip were class...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
England look good when we play a team actually trying to play football. It's when we play a team who just shove 11 behind the ball that we look a bit clueless & pedestrian. Unfortunately a lot of the smaller nations play like that against us.

I know where you're coming from, but the quality on show is a step up from England in recent times. Pogba just scored a thunderbolt, 1-0 La Belle France.

PG

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How I've missed Andy Townsend.

Bellend
I was vaguely annoyed at having the tellybox monopolised (I can't really disappear to the other room on our wedding anniversary) but this has really cheered me up. I'm missing village idiot Andy Townsend. Pleasing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I was vaguely annoyed at having the tellybox monopolised (I can't really disappear to the other room on our wedding anniversary) but this has really cheered me up. I'm missing village idiot Andy Townsend. Pleasing.

Wedding Anniversary? Surely you should be tying a bow round it at this hour?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know where you're coming from, but the quality on show is a step up from England in recent times. Pogba just scored a thunderbolt, 1-0 La Belle France.

PG

We've been much better than the Dutch for the last few years - results & performance. They've been pretty poor tonight too.

France on the other hand, are a cut above most international teams (when they play as a team that is).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Back to the football. 16s for Holland at present. Small dabble. They are looking dangerous at times. Goal would give them, as Clive would say, momentum. Or make a comment about how Man u came from 1-0 down.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
We've been much better than the Dutch for the last few years - results & performance. They've been pretty poor tonight too.

In the past six years they've been to a World Cup final and a semi final.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Holland have fallen into the bang average category, having enjoyed relative success over recent years.
Watched them live last year (against Wales) and you are quite correct. They're reliant on an aging Robben, who is still a player, the rest are so-so.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough. They certainly seem to be of late.

The generation of Robben etc went and have been replaced by players nowhere near their ability. France look good but you always feel they have a ricket in them.

Edit - just checked & apparently Robben still plays for them - oops :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How I've missed Andy Townsend.

Bellend

I thought I'd escaped Andy "State the obvious" Townsend when I moved to Toronto. Sadly, many of the Premier League matches on Sportsnet feature the bellend himself, alongside Peter "As many hyperboles as possible" Drury. It's like ITV football is following me everywhere I go. :nono:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I thought I'd escaped Andy "State the obvious" Townsend when I moved to Toronto. Sadly, many of the Premier League matches on Sportsnet feature the bellend himself, alongside Peter "As many hyperboles as possible" Drury. It's like ITV football is following me everywhere I go. :nono:
Ah, go on then. Was trying to resist but it's always worth a repost....

https://youtu.be/skNc9RFBAek

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here