Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Built in wardrobes

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Thought I'd consult the great and good of NSC.

Looking to have some built in wardrobes in our spare room (about 3m span but includes angle under the eaves).

Anyone any experience of rough prices for this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Thought I'd consult the great and good of NSC.

Looking to have some built in wardrobes in our spare room (about 3m span but includes angle under the eaves).

Anyone any experience of rough prices for this?

I got a few prices for similar span. Around £2k for decent ones with the inside configuration.

I brought carcasses from Ikea and built a plasterboard surround for them to fit into. Cost me £550 but I did fit. A days work for someone in the trade (including the plasterboard surround).

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I got a few prices for similar span. Around £2k for decent ones with the inside configuration.

I brought carcasses from Ikea and built a plasterboard surround for them to fit into. Cost me £550 but I did fit. A days work for someone in the trade (including the plasterboard surround).
Thanks. I could manage the ikea option but Mrs IL is pushing for something a bit more upmarket!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Avoid Sharps. We're in a similar position to you and asked them to quote for five wardrobes in under-eaves areas, plus a couple of extra bits and bobs, and the quote came in for something like 40 grand. Lo and behold all kinds of discounts then presented themselves but the best price was still about £16k. This was for fairly low-spec designs, nothing intricate or top-end.

We're struggling to find anyone locally who wants this kind of work, or who can accommodate us, so I've started doing the work myself. The results aren't too bad and I'm saving a lot of money.

I realise it's not a particularly helpful answer but it was nice to vent.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Upper Cut Carpentry are very good .... slightly more than most people but their workmanship is top notch.

As an aside, unless you plan to spend £75k at the very minimum then it's not worth doing. That's what it cost me to do my 12 bedrooms.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Thanks. I could manage the ikea option but Mrs IL is pushing for something a bit more upmarket!

That's what I thought when I went there, these came out looking great. My house was built around 1820 and they fit in very well and they are of good quality. If you can bear walking around Ikea and chatting to their designer for 30 mins you could save a few bob.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here