Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

I have just called up the club to sign my darling daughter up to the Young Seagulls, i asked will she receive her replica shirt before her birthday.

Young Lady:Unfortunately you have missed the deadline.

ME: Whats is the deadline.

Young Lady:It's a month.

ME:I look at my watch (which has not been updated to today date, 30 day months!!) which reads the 9th and said i have missed it by one day, surely you can sort something out.

Young Lady:she replies two days actually.

ME: So because i am a bad father and not registered my daughter on Friday she will not receive a replica shirt.

Young Lady: That's right.

ME:
So we have a potential customer which could spend thousand over a lifetime with her dad and brother and wife and because i am 2 days late she can't have one.

Young Lady: That's right, rules are rules.

I am not even asking for it AFTER her birthday in fact nearly a MONTH before.

Is this POOR TRAINING in customer services or just LACK OF FORESIGHT from BHAFC?

SO fecked off with the club, there is a tipping point with all customers and because of that call so tempted to say goodbye after a paying customer of 40+ YEARS.

:angry:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I have just called up the club to sign my darling daughter up to the Young Seagulls, i asked will she receive her replica shirt before her birthday.

ME:I look at my watch (which has not been updated to today date, 30 day months!!) which reads the 9th and said i have missed it by one day, surely you can sort something out.

ME: So because i am a bad father and not registered my daughter on Friday she will not receive a replica shirt.

ME:
So we have a potential customer which could spend thousand over a lifetime with her dad and brother and wife and because i am 2 days late she can't have one.

Is this POOR TRAINING in customer services or just LACK OF FORESIGHT from BHAFC?

SO fecked off with the club, there is a tipping point with all customers and because of that call so tempted to say goodbye after a paying customer of 40+ YEARS.

It's just one person at the end of the phone though, bit much to think about walking away from the club. Write to Paul Barber or something.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

ME:

Maybe a more tactful approach would have earned a better result.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is indeed a very poor show by the club.

Discretion and flexibility to the rules sometimes goes a long way.

Shame.

Jan 30, 2008

ME:

:tantrum:
regards
DR

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Definitely write to Paul Barber, I am sure he has nothing better to do with his time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That does appear to be rather inflexible from the club, mean spirited too. It's for a child ffs!

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
is this the free home shirt on the 7th birthday thing ?

if so, you had 6 years plus to sign her up............

complaining about not receiveing a free gift by not adhering to the requirments ?!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
There does need to be a rule, would it be ok to ring up the day before the birthday and expect a free shirt? You could have registered her years ago never-mind a few days.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am amazed that the closing date as it were is only 1 month from the Birthday to get the replica shirt.

And although it has to be said you have been unlucky on dates... a cut off date has to be at some point... if she had had said it was 3 months you would have just taken it and moved on.

Maybe it could have been handled a bit better over the phone, but nothing to really get too upset over.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

ME:

Buy her one you skinflint...At least that way you are contributing to the club not robbing it!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I dont think too many clubs offer a free shirt on a child's 7th birthday so try not to criticise the club too much.

Although, as someone else has said, why wait all this time to register her to be a YS member?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it a SIGNED replica shirt? Or just a replica shirt, with or without personalised lettering on the back? Could understand a one month cut-off if squad/player was needed to be coordinated to sign it, but if it's just a shirt, then the month cut-off seems a bit rubbish. Can't imagine the merchandise department are exactly snowed under with work on non-match days. Could easily have been made available for picking up from the club shop at Saturday's game. But then again, OP's had all the time in the world to arrange it, so hard to come down too hard on the club, apart from the jobsworth attitude of some random phone-answerer who undoubtedly has no concept whatsoever of owing her job, and indeed her very workplace, to the historic efforts of people such as OP on the other end of the phone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here