Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Fight Club: Clinton v Trump - 2nd Presidential Debate - Where/When To Watch Live In UK

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...on-and-donald-trump-and-how-can-a3364441.html

What time is the [second] debate?

The live debate is being aired live from Washington University in St Louis at 9pm US time on October 9 - or 2am here in the UK (October 10).

How can I watch in the UK?

The 90-minute debate will be live streamed on Twitter by clicking the link debates.twitter.com.

On YouTube, American news outlets including NBC, PBS, Fox and CNN will all be live streaming the debate.

ABC will also be streaming the debates on their Facebook page.

For those on Snapchat, the photo messaging app is also reportedly running a live story which users can view, made up of people’s live pictures and video from the debate.

Both Sky and the BBC are also offering live coverage of the 90-minute long debate.

Seconds OUT! :catfight:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Will Bill and Mrs Trump be present? Now what would be REALLY funny if they were caught having..err.. a dialogue like Boris Becker's in the broom-cupboard.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Trump had a comedy score of about 0.5 out of 10 in the last one, he needs to ramp it up for viewing figures. Last time was just not good enough, he can't win by trying to be a politician. Clinton will wipe the floor with him again but it's the comedy everyone wants to see.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trump had a comedy score of about 0.5 out of 10 in the last one, he needs to ramp it up for viewing figures. Last time was just not good enough, he can't win by trying to be a politician. Clinton will wipe the floor with him again but it's the comedy everyone wants to see.

Well it WOULD be funny - if the stability of the free world and the not-so-free world wasn't at stake. Required viewing tho eh?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd rather sleep than listen to those two. No doubt, there'll be lots of coverage on the breakfast tv programmes when I wake up.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'd rather sleep than listen to those two. No doubt, there'll be lots of coverage on the breakfast tv programmes when I wake up.

Yes but it would be like watching MOTD, the highlights will have been chosen for you. With a "Gary" and an "Alan" to pontificate and give you the Billary version. On the Beeb anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of things from watching the last debate, as live & in full:-

1) It was inadvertently and scarily one of the funniest programmes of the year.

B) It's really easy to pick out the NSC'ers who didn't watch more than a couple of minutes of 'highlights'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes but it would be like watching MOTD, the highlights will have been chosen for you. With a "Gary" and an "Alan" to pontificate and give you the Billary version. On the Beeb anyway.

It's a good job I have a choice of Sky, Itv and Twitter then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Well I guess you could say the same about the first moon landing. You presumably stayed up for that (assuming you're old enough, obviously). This election has far wider short-term implications for the planet as a whole, and IMHO, the lead-up debates are well worth watching live on that basis. It's history in the making, for better or worse.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I guess you could say the same about the first moon landing. You presumably stayed up for that. This election has far wider short-term implications for the planet as a whole, and IMHO, the lead-up debates are well worth watching live on that basis. It's history in the making, for better or worse.

The moon landing happened at 10pm UK time, so being 20 at the time, I was actually awake for that.

You cannot compare two presidential candidates in America, where I have no right to vote, having a ding dong on tv, to a monumental historical moment in man's history, surely?

Let them get on with it. As somebody said, it will be like Farage v Cherie Blair, neither of whom I would give house room.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The moon landing happened at 10pm UK time, so being 20 at the time, I was actually awake for that.

You cannot compare two presidential candidates in America, where I have no right to vote, having a ding dong on tv, to a monumental historical moment in man's history, surely?

Well not normally, no. But when one's a deranged megalomaniac right-wing nutter...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same. But at least it's a pretty sure bet that Clinton is not going to ignite a whole new world of hate that electing Trump is guaranteed to do.

Just more corruption.

I can honestly see one or the other being assissinated whilst in office.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just more corruption.

I can honestly see one or the other being assissinated whilst in office.

Same. Or maybe even before.

Not the kind of thing you'd want to be even talking about on a public messageboard tho IMHO, because these kind of buzzwords will be monitored far more carefully than you'd like to think.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Same. Or maybe even before.

Not the kind of thing you'd want to be even talking about on a public messageboard tho IMHO, because these kind of buzzwords will be monitored far more carefully than you'd like to think.

Trump seems to have got away with saying Clinton could (/should?) be assassinated ..... but then he was in I'm just saying' mode a the time.

I'll probably watch until Trump's hero line of coke wears off. .....I don't know if it's true, but I'm hearing things, y'know, I'm just saying what I'm hearing, y'know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here