Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Japanese Grand Prix

Crap start from Hamilton, down to 8th.
Good comeback mind, Rosberg is nailed on now IMO.

Odd though that Mercedes had stewards trying to dry his grid slot before the race and it looked like his back wheels just couldn't grip.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The timing of this thread has confused me...did I imagine watching this earlier?!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah sorry, watched it later.

The Rosberg comment was regarding the title rather than the race.
It's not looking good for Hamilton is it?

Personally, I'd be more than happy for Rosberg to win the championship but I wouldn't write Hamilton off just yet.

It's not looking good for Hamilton is it?

Personally, I'd be more than happy for Rosberg to win the championship but I wouldn't write Hamilton off just yet.

I'd quite like to see someone else win the title as long as that someone else wasn't Rosberg.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd quite like to see someone else win the title as long as that someone else wasn't Rosberg.
That would be my ideal scenario as well, either Ricciardo or Alonso (not a hope in current car, I know) would be the ones that I'd choose if I could.

As it seems fairly unlikely that that'll happen for a few years I'll settle for Hamilton being denied, undeniably talented but can't stand him.

That would be my ideal scenario as well, either Ricciardo or Alonso (not a hope in current car, I know) would be the ones that I'd choose if I could.

As it seems fairly unlikely that that'll happen for a few years I'll settle for Hamilton being denied, undeniably talented but can't stand him.

Red bull will be strong next year, Brundle alluded to it during the race that it will be more about aero package than engine performance.

And I have to say that with the wider tyres coming in the cars will look more like the F1 of old too.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Mercedes have appealed the result due to verstappens block on Hamilton in the last couple of laps.

Pathetic.
Without reading anything about this I'd find it hard to believe that the team, freshly minted constructors champions, would think it was worth appealing unless it was to keep a certain driver happy...

Are touring cars (the many variations therein) and rally included in that the considerations for that top three?

Not saying they should be there but curious

I only really like open cockpit cars to be honest but quite enjoy le mans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mercedes have appealed the result due to verstappens block on Hamilton in the last couple of laps.

Pathetic.

Agreed. Exactly the type of move Hamilton, at his peak, would have pulled off. I am no fan of Rosberg but even taking in to account Hamilton's bad luck with mechanical failures, Rosberg has been the better driver this year. Can't see him blinking now and it will take a massive turnaround in attitude from Hamilton and mechanical woes for Rosberg to turn this around.

Hamilton has lost so many races by not being able to start properly this season

Does anyone know how Micheal Schumacker is coming along, I think he has been hidden away until he dies.

Sadly this looks like the case.

The man made a living driving cars at 200 mph yet a fall on ski slope looks like it's done for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here