Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This coming Monday will be 30 years since the Wild Park murders.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Many of us will go past the scene of the crime every match day.

RIP Karen and Nicola.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
<edited by mods>

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted User X18H

<edited by mods>

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
<edited by mods>

Clear your pm mate I can't get mine through to you.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
<edited by mods>

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
<edited by mods>

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I remember the evening it happened as vividly as if it was yesterday. Caught a bus home to Coldean from Thursday night football training at Brighton Boys Club. It was a very foggy & misty evening and, as the bus approached Wild Park, I could see a mass of lights and people in the gloom. It wasn't until the next day when it transpired why they were there and what had happened. So very sad and disappointing that no-one has been convicted for it -yet!

Naturally, the local rumour-mill swung into full force and we were subjected to the OB conducting house to house enquiries (as we had been a few years earlier when they were investigating the initial disappearance and subsequently murder of Margaret Frame, who lived on the estate and whose body was found near the entrance to Stanmer Woods, just over the road from the Hikers). That one also remains unsolved to this day.

I knew of the acquitted - he'd been in the next hospital bed to me when I had an op when I was younger- although I knew his older brothers better. The similarities with him and Huntley were remarkable, the main one being their visibly (on tv cameras) being involved in the searches after the disappearances were known.

The area where the girls bodies were found was close to the area where myself and my friends would access the park throughout our childhood. Going down the twitten at the end of Park Close and walking through the woods and across the steps until running down a small but steep bank and breaking our run/fall by hanging onto a wooden telegraph pole. From there, it was a couple of steps through the bushes until we were on the bank on the right as you drove in.

I recall that, a few weeks after the murders, going to the park via the route described above. When I got to the telegraph pole, I looked along and, through the bushes, there was a bloke who I assumed to be plain clothes OB. Shit me up a bit did that!!

ANway, RIP Nicola and Karen. Hopefully one day you'll get justice and closure.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Didn't one of the girls Fathers get arrested? I seem to recall reading about this..Maybe wrong

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
By all means use this thread for reminiscing or paying your respects.

Please do not use it- or any other thread- for speculation/ conjecture on the subject, or it will be removed.

Thanks.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Pretty certain the day after, we played Ipswich at Portman Road, ridiculous as it sounds a whole bunch of fans me included didn't actually make it to the game as the train broke down between Liverpool St and Colchester!!!

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Was this the case where OB were fairly sure they knew the perpetrator but couldn't find the evidence to nail him/her?

I remember the Sarah Payne case well as my elder daughter was the same age and her photo bore an uncanny resemblance - Roy Whiting was convicted [eventually] for that.
There was also another case where the lass survived - dumped up near the top of Devil's Dyke?

All very sad, the two Soham girls too ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here