Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For all those with either a positive or negative opinion of Donald Trump

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
On the 5th March 1933 Adolf Hitler won a democratic election in Germany proving that anything is possible. 🙈

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am guessing you are trying to make a point here, which is ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
On the 5th March 1933 Adolf Hitler won a democratic election in Germany proving that anything is possible. ��

The situation within Germany allowed for the rise of Hitler.......

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I've sat in a pub tonight with some people who have totally ruled out him winning, but unfortunately 1933 tells us that anything is possible.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've sat in a pub tonight with some people who have totally ruled out him winning, but unfortunately 1933 tells us that anything is possible.

June 23rd 2016 tells us that as well

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Absolutely. As Rob on Mock the Week said in reply to a similar conversation in just one word...."brexit"!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
On the 5th March 1933 Adolf Hitler won a democratic election in Germany proving that anything is possible. ��

Dictators don't need democracy and Hitler didn't. You're right anything is possible.
Cut and paste.
Following the Reichstag fire, the Nazis began to suspend civil liberties and eliminate political opposition. The Communists were excluded from the Reichstag. At the March 1933 elections, again no single party secured a majority. Hitler required the vote of the Centre Party and Conservatives in the Reichstag to obtain the powers he desired.He called on Reichstag members to vote for the Enabling Act on 24 March 1933. Hitler was granted plenary powers "temporarily" by the passage of the Act. The law gave him the freedom to act without parliamentary consent and even without constitutional limitations.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At this point his publicised antics will be winning him as many votes as he loses.

The prospect of a "f*ck the establishment" outcome wil bring out all sorts of nutters who otherwise wouldn't have bothered voting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The depressing thing about this is that any half decent opponent would have already knocked him out and chased his seconds down the tunnel by now. He's about as suited to running the Western world as I am to getting a perfect 10 in Olympic gymnastics.

Unfortunately his opponent is the flawed wife of a member of the "political elite".

In other words it's the equivalent of Cherie Blair and Nigel Farage arm wrestling each other for control of the big red button.

On that note I think I'll open another bottle of Pinotage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
People knock Trump and to be fair he has many many faults,but what has allowed his rise to power and please don't insult all Americans by calling them dumb......honest answers please?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People knock Trump and to be fair he has many many faults,but what has allowed his rise to power and please don't insult all Americans by calling them dumb......honest answers please?

Given my last post I'm going for "a distinct lack of charismatic leaders with integrity". On both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Project fear?

Fear of Mexicans stealing their jobs
Fear of Muslims all being terrorists etc.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Fair question - but surely you have to allow for a small percentage of 'dumb 'to be included in the answer?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

$$$$$$$$$$:guns:$$$$$$$$$$$$$:guns: Angels. God. klu klax klan. Racism. Casual racism. Sexism. Islamaphobia. Homophobia.....

The Americans are not little Britain thank ****. He won't get in.

We all know we are dumber than dumbest at the moment, don't we?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
June 23rd 2016 tells us that as well

June 23rd. 2016 was one of the good days - as far as politics is concerned, one of the best days of my life.

On the other hand, a few days ago a whole nation was given the chance to vote to end a fifty year civil war - fifty years of bloodshed, violence, murder and death; they voted 'No'.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Fair question - but surely you have to allow for a small percentage of 'dumb 'to be included in the answer?

of course let's see if we can garnish a reply like that......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here