Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woodies Diner - Farewell

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty awful food for a not so decent price.

I used to go every couple of months or so but not been for almost 4 years now. I thought it was a decent and fun place. The burgers where fine and more than adequate for their intended family audience. It wasn't a gourmet burger place and never tried to be; it was what it was and I thought I'd did this very well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My kids loved it there and it was the place to go as a family for a birthday treat. Shame is closing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've taken the family twice this summer and we enjoyed it both times, a real shame it's closing.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Await the next planning application on this site. Northern Norm works well for the area though.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I really liked it here. Burgers were really nice. I never got to try the man vs woodies meal...
Such a shame to see it leave.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I used to go every couple of months or so but not been for almost 4 years now. I thought it was a decent and fun place. The burgers where fine and more than adequate for their intended family audience. It wasn't a gourmet burger place and never tried to be; it was what it was and I thought I'd did this very well.

It must have changed in the 4 years since you been there as the food/service over the last couple did not match your description.
As a burger/American themed restaurant JB's does it a lot better.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It says on the site it has been open 14 years but I'm sure I went in there in the mid to late 90's?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It says on the site it has been open 14 years but I'm sure I went in there in the mid to late 90's?

I vaguely remember it changing ownership so maybe that's why they say 14 years ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I quite liked the food, burgers were decent. My kids will be pretty disappointed.

I was going to post that I also quite liked the waitresses in their 50s Happy Days outfits but I don't want to come across as a lecherous old pervert.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Used to pop in to Woodies on the way in and out of Brighton before I moved to Sussex. Always holds fond memories for me and my mates who had passed our driving tests and were not yet making booze the central point f every trip out.

I'm surprised it can't carry on. Even Carrat's cafe, which is frankly, a shithole with lower than average food and in a really grotty locale does really well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here