Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Bathroom design services and fitting

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Mrs W and myself quite fancy a new bathroom - ours is looking a bit tired. We want to just say what we want and then have it fitted. None of this getting it designed by one party, then us buying the parts and then finding a fitter. It's a complete job so - plumbing, tiling, carpentry and electrics.

Any recommendations from NSC ? We have no idea how much this should cost so it's for quoting purposes only at the moment.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Mrs W and myself quite fancy a new bathroom - ours is looking a bit tired. We want to just say what we want and then have it fitted. None of this getting it designed by one party, then us buying the parts and then finding a fitter. It's a complete job so - plumbing, tiling, carpentry and electrics.

Any recommendations from NSC ? We have no idea how much this should cost so it's for quoting purposes only at the moment.

Depends on what you are having done, and what your budget is?
Is it like for like suite?
Is your existing bathroom tiled completely.
What flooring do you have at the moment , and what do you intend to have.
Are you having the floors tiled, under floor heating? Room tiled fully floor to ceiling, half & half?
What suite, furniture you want or what budget?
What kind of shower, electric, power shower etc, what set up you have at the moment , combi , gravity etc .
Is your house old/ new?
Have you spot lights, do you intend to have them , are your electrics up to date or old?
How long is a piece of string?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Depends on what you are having done, and what your budget is?
Is it like for like suite?
Is your existing bathroom tiled completely.
What flooring do you have at the moment , and what do you intend to have.
Are you having the floors tiled, under floor heating? Room tiled fully floor to ceiling, half & half?
What suite, furniture you want or what budget?
What kind of shower, electric, power shower etc, what set up you have at the moment , combi , gravity etc .
Is your house old/ new?
Have you spot lights, do you intend to have them , are your electrics up to date or old?
How long is a piece of string?

OK, I was more after a recommendation of someone to do it but basically it's a compete rip out ( which I would do ) and installing a BIG walk in shower ( enough space for two :wink: ), the type you get in posh hotels with a tiled seat, rain shower head fed from the mains, large basin, new toilet, under window storage, tiled floor to ceiling and new tiled floor with underfloor heating. In addition an extractor fan would need to be fitted. It's in a 1935 bungalow that was modernised about 10 years ago - including electrics. Boiler is a brand new combi. Budget is around £5k.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
These guys do the lot and are friendly, reliable and do a good job. It's a one stop shop. I should point out that the boss is actually a West Ham fan but don't let that put you off. Quotes are free.
http://markbishopltd.co.uk/

Jul 7, 2016
You can get a complete bathroom for £5k fitted but will look budget. if u want it to look really good, fully tiled walls and floors and shower head built into the ceiling with tap controls fitted into the wall, moulded double sink with stone work surfaces on top of the vanity unit and good quality in trend taps etc you will need to spend nearer £15-20,000.

Reason I know cos I've just had three new bathrooms fitted in my house ! £50,000 later. Spent a lot on Italian porcelain tiles

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Alexander's, Worthing - end of thread.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
You can get a complete bathroom for £5k fitted but will look budget. if u want it to look really good, fully tiled walls and floors and shower head built into the ceiling with tap controls fitted into the wall, moulded double sink with stone work surfaces on top of the vanity unit and good quality in trend taps etc you will need to spend nearer £15-20,000.

Reason I know cos I've just had three new bathrooms fitted in my house ! £50,000 later. Spent a lot on Italian porcelain tiles

Small change for a showbiz legend

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The NSC plumbing meister that is John Boy's Dad put my new bathroom in, did the plumbing, tiling, carpentry, everything except the electrics. Tho he got somebody with all the proper badges in to do that also. Not QUITE one-stop-shop, but near enough. And a top quality job at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended :thumbsup:

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
What output combi do you have? Model or kw would help. Are you running a shower off the combi at the moment.

If you are after good performance equivalent to what you get in nice hotels which have huge stores of hot water, boiler rooms, big pumps etc.

It's just if it's a small output combi you may be disappointed with the shower performance. No point spending a few grand on a nice shower and enclosure and getting a dribble out of the head.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For fitting I can whole heartedly recommend Simmo on here ably assisted by his son....very good standard of work, trustworthy and reliable...been in the 'plumbing' business years

PM for telephone number

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Had new bathroom fitted about 2 years ago through mates still cost around 10/£12 big ones u get what you pay for I'm afraid oh yes and the tiles were called Zamora couldn't resist but does look great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here