Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll on next Sat.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone else going stir crazy and missing their regular footie fix?

Seems ages since the last game at the Amex, (the visit of Barnsley, two weeks ago today). Can't wait until the Preston game next Sat, and then Wolves come visiting on the Tuesday night.

The sooner these 'international break' weekends are ended for Championship clubs the better.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes. Fed up and missing the Albion. Lots of others feeling like that too, see the England thread. I'm sure the long international breaks are increasing antipathy towards our national team.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.

Seems ages since the last game at the Amex, (the visit of Barnsley, two weeks ago today). Can't wait until the Preston game next Sat, closely followed by the Wolves game a few days later.

The sooner these 'international break' weekends are ended for Championship clubs the better.

Aye. No Football or Rugby to go to means I'm in danger of the wife finding me "something to do". Which probably involves shopping or decorating.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Aye. No Football or Rugby to go to means I'm in danger of the wife finding me "something to do". Which probably involves shopping or decorating.

Too late for me. She has already got me pencilled in to push a trolley around Waitrose this afternoon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ashington Rovers v Worthing Borough for me, there is plenty of football out there to be watched.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Yes. Fed up and missing the Albion. Lots of others feeling like that too, see the England thread. I'm sure the long international breaks are increasing antipathy towards our national team.

Not sure about the antipathy. After loosing to Iceland and the shenanigans of the last few months England are playing minnows Malta in front of a sell out crowd. I bet today's Wembley crowd is bigger than any other international fixture this week.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ashington Rovers v Worthing Borough for me, there is plenty of football out there to be watched.

There is indeed, (some might say 'real' football too). I was specifically meaning football at the Amex though.

If it wasn't for my reluctant trolley pushing around the supermarket, I might have been at Gorings Mead watching Horsham YMCA.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure about the antipathy. After loosing to Iceland and the shenanigans of the last few months England are playing minnows Malta in front of a sell out crowd. I bet today's Wembley crowd is bigger than any other international fixture this week.
It's a strange one. We have a large population though and yes, clearly there are loads of fans or daytrippers or whatever to take the tickets. However, from personal experience, most of the people I know from say 30 to 60 are not bothered anymore. I have been a very enthusiastic England fan in the past and I know there are many more like me that have just had enough. I love my country, but the cheating and corruption involved along with Russia and Qatar and the ridiculous breaks that spoil the domestic season, have made me fall out of love with England.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ian Chapman's Burgess Hill Town featuring Tiny Cox v Jimmy Bullard's Leatherhead

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Would the international break be so inconvenient if we had lost at Wednesday last Saturday.whilst meaning that our wives are given a mid season bonus with what they can get out of us this weekend.As long as our players that are away on international duty come back fit then
the break could give us a chance to recharge the batteries of some of our older players i.e. Bruno & Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I take the nippers to watch Wales play in the international breaks. The tickets are cheap at £20 for an adult and £5 for children, we only live an hour from Cardiff. It's not the same as a Brighton game but it fills the void a bit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Seems ages since the last game at the Amex, (the visit of Barnsley, two weeks ago today). Can't wait until the Preston game next Sat, and then Wolves come visiting on the Tuesday night.

Cannot wait for Albion to tread blades of green grass and put ball in the opposition's net.
Getting fed up with all these easy music quizzes :cheers:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's a strange one. We have a large population though and yes, clearly there are loads of fans or daytrippers or whatever to take the tickets. However, from personal experience, most of the people I know from say 30 to 60 are not bothered anymore. I have been a very enthusiastic England fan in the past and I know there are many more like me that have just had enough. I love my country, but the cheating and corruption involved along with Russia and Qatar and the ridiculous breaks that spoil the domestic season, have made me fall out of love with England.

Strange you don't mention my main reason - the fact that our overpaid players continually let us down by completely underachieving time and time again. We were the best team in the Euro qualifiers and had the players to win it with a poor level of competition in the finals. Yet we lose to... Iceland, a country with a population not much larger than Brighton and Hove. An absolute disgrace.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Strange you don't mention my main reason - the fact that our overpaid players continually let us down by completely underachieving time and time again. We were the best team in the Euro qualifiers and had the players to win it with a poor level of competition in the finals. Yet we lose to... Iceland, a country with a population not much larger than Brighton and Hove. An absolute disgrace.
I agree that the players are overpaid and are a letdown. When you put that into the equation, the lack of interest is understandable. The thing I hate the most is the domestic league being cancelled so much, even when i cared more about England, my one true love was always Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here