Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoke alarms...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Do you have at least one on every level of your home? And do you ever test them?

Quiet night on NSC, so just interested really.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I know we have one in the hall. It gets tested every time the missus uses the grill in the kitchen but is distracted by Facebook or some other shite on her phone.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Did you know that if you contact the fire brigade, they will fit you a fire alarm for free?

Not the most commonly known fact, but beats splashing out on a couple.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do you have at least one on every level of your home? And do you ever test them?

Quiet night on NSC, so just interested really.

Have one ground floor,base of stairs and one 1st floor in the hall,personally i want and will get "mini" ones for bedrooms,tucked out of the way and yes i test them,i also have an exit strategy too but i hope not to use it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
They will be done :)

Good to hear,seriously though an ex employer of mine had to escape the house one evening after a wide screen caught fire whilst on standby,thankfully the alarms were working,me personally i am paranoid when it comes to safety,which reminds me...........get fluff out of the tumble drier.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One downstairs. One up. Never test them but look out for the subtle flash every now and then tat says they are working.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Also remember folks.................Fires need 3 things (heat-fuel-oxygen) deny 1 of these and you have no fire...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One downstairs. One up. Never test them but look out for the subtle flash every now and then tat says they are working.

Is that how you check everything? My cars oil display once said- OK......curiosity said i will check the dipstick.......BONE DRY!!! a week later and my car would have been seized..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes I've got one on all three floors and they are wired into the mains, I replaced them about two years back as one wasn't working.
I've also got a battery smoke alarm in my utility room.
The ground floor and utility room alarms get regular tests when toast gets burnt.

Yes, two in the recommended locations of top and bottom of the stairs. I do give them a prod occasionally to test, one kindly reminded me the other day that the battery was going by beeping at me. Our Co2 alarm thoughtfully did the same thing a month or so back at around 0300 on one of the rare nights when I had been out with friends. Oh how I laughed!

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Wired/Linked heat/smoke/monoxide alarms in kitchen/hall/landing. Make a serious racket. Had to pay out for the full monty when we opened up the downstairs to satisfy buildings regs.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Smoke in hallway, CO in same room as DFE Fire. Tested every 4-8 weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here