Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muanure fan banned for being sick .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Tough rules 'you must phone the club on the day of the game if too ill to travel'
Welcome to PL customer service

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[FONT=&quot]“If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“If a ticket is resold to another supporter your season ticket will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.”

My emboldening.

Blimey Charlie. Success - who wants it?[/FONT]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[FONT="]“If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#494949][FONT="]“If a ticket is resold to another supporter your season ticket will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.”

My emboldening.

I think there is a similar rule for home tickets (as there is in theory for the Albion) but it isn't policed. I have a mate who has 4 ST for OT and he's been to two games in the last five years, as he usually sells on his tickets on a match by match basis

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it true that STH's at Old Trafford are obliged to buy Europa League tickets, or face being banned for the next league game there, with their seat being put up for general sale ? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is it true that STH's at Old Trafford are obliged to buy Europa League tickets, or face being banned for the next league game there, with their seat being put up for general sale ? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

According to Man U season ticket holder in our Warrington office, yes. Yes it is. Same when they were in Champions league, and I believe he said it applies to FA Cup as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
According to Man U season ticket holder in our Warrington office, yes. Yes it is. Same when they were in Champions league, and I believe he said it applies to FA Cup as well.

Wow.

So you have to lash out probably the thick-end of £60 on a ticket to yomp all the way to OT to watch Man U huff and puff their way past Vlastov Spackonovistakova on a Thursday night in a Cup nobody really gives a toss about, just so you're ALLOWED to take your seat for the next home league game WHICH YOU'VE ALREADY PAID FOR.

Unreal. Imagine if Barber did similar for Cup games at the Amex. You'd have to rock up on a Tuesday and watch the stiffs play a midweek EFL Checkatrade Trophy game against Orient, or have your season ticket confiscated for the next league game....there'd be RIOTS I tell ya.

What a crock.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think there is a similar rule for home tickets (as there is in theory for the Albion) but it isn't policed. I have a mate who has 4 ST for OT and he's been to two games in the last five years, as he usually sells on his tickets on a match by match basis

OK - I guess they're trying to avoid touts being ST holders, which is not an unreasonable thing to want to do, given how popular OT tix will be to (particularly) occasional visitors to the UK. As you say though, near impossible to police. Would appear that this guy has been rather unfortunate, and the customer services guy has failed to engage brain before writing the response.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
“If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games."
I can see it now '8 year old boy banned, as his ticket was found in his father's possession'.

Not that that's what happened in this case, no one else had his ticket and he didn't resell it. He had the audacity to be ill.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
[FONT="]“If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#494949][FONT="]“If a ticket is resold to another supporter your season ticket will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.”

My emboldening.

How do they know?? Surely if you just give your away ticket to a mate, they won't know who has it - or do they have to show some sort of additional ID to get in the ground as well as the ticket?

If you leave 10 minutes early - do you get a ban for a shorter timespan??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
His pub looks quite nice so at least he can drown his sorrows there

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just shows that Man Utd are a business rather than a Community club.
They want fans to get to see Utd and so if a seat goes unused the ticket holder gets banned. As a business I get where they are coming from. A local Utd fan from Hull could have seen the team he has supported all his life but can not get to OT as he was born in Hull. This 'fan' would then carry on buying Utd shirts for his kids and lining the coffers of his beloved club that he has never seen play.
I'm being sarcastic.
Could never see this happening at The Albion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here