Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Brent & Foregone Conclusion at the Brighton Centre

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Part of me feels like Gervais is actually turning into David Brent by doing this. He does seem to love it a bit too much.
Does seem to be living the character a bit doesn't he?

What if he's been David Brent acting as Ricky Gervais this whole time...?

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
David Brent Life on the Road has to be the worst film I have ever seen - in fact the only one myself and Mrs Stout Yeoman have ever walked out of ... it was dire. Wonder if this latest venture will sell out ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Please, please stop Ricky.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Part of me feels like Gervais is actually turning into David Brent by doing this. He does seem to love it a bit too much.

A massive THIS.

I'm a huge fan of The Office, IMO its one of the most finely written comedies of all time. But Gervais is now taking the irony of this tragic Brent character, and trying to make him legit. Gervais is reviving his long-failed music career through him, whilst still trying to be "funny" about it in an "aren't I crap but actually don't you think I'm pretty good?" kinda way.

I dunno if any of that makes sense, but I know what I mean!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Life on the Road, bombed at the UK box office only taking £ 3.5 m. I think this project has not really worked out, a shame as I like Gervais and respect him very much for his Animal welfare campaigning

Stumpy Tim

But only in an ironic post-it-straight-on-to-social-media sort of way tho eh?

In real terms, it'll be shite.

Nature's way of telling you there's WAY too much disposable income in Brighton & Hove for the select few.

Or nature's way of telling you people have different tastes. Simple as that really.

In the film Gervais definitely started to fuse Brent with Derek who I like less. I still found it funny though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A massive THIS.

I'm a huge fan of The Office, IMO its one of the most finely written comedies of all time. But Gervais is now taking the irony of this tragic Brent character, and trying to make him legit. Gervais is reviving his long-failed music career through him, whilst still trying to be "funny" about it in an "aren't I crap but actually don't you think I'm pretty good?" kinda way.

I dunno if any of that makes sense, but I know what I mean!

A few times in interviews he has kinda suggested that songs, beneath the lyrics, are actually really good. They're REALLY not. They're ****ing horrible musically.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A few times in interviews he has kinda suggested that songs, beneath the lyrics, are actually really good. They're REALLY not. They're ****ing horrible musically.

Exactly. The songs are funny because they are as EXCRUCIATING as he is. That's the whole point.

Actually going on tour with this stuff though ?? Come on.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Life on the Road, bombed at the UK box office only taking £ 3.5 m. I think this project has not really worked out, a shame as I like Gervais and respect him very much for his Animal welfare campaigning
Not surprised. Massive, massive, fan of The Office but didn't bother with this film. Don't find Gervais likeable and very suspicious of the ego trip involved in his musical stuff.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I actually thought the film was decent, but it's too much like everything Gervais has done for a while. Fairly one dimensional characters throughout and a forced ending, but actually it was quite good in the writing because Brent wouldn't have much company, and he would be inherently lonely. It was an honest take on the character but with a fairly incomplete script and cast of supporting characters.

I won't be going to the concert.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm interested, but unless they're being supported by a little known Scottish band called Texas then I'm out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm interested, but unless they're being supported by a little known Scottish band called Texas then I'm out.

"We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants. I couldn't do what - well, I COULD do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then. Probably what spurred them on."

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here