View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
830. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

569 68.55%
  • Leave

230 27.71%
  • Wouldn’t vote

31 3.73%
Page 9993 of 10389 FirstFirst ... 899394939893994399839990999199929993999499959996100031004310093 ... LastLast
Results 99,921 to 99,930 of 103884

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Piers also voted remain, so he is being true to himself and being democratic.

The issue here is some people are scared, perhaps they have forgotten about their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were probably a bit scared too, but I tell you what not one of them would have been scared about Brexit.

They were survivors, we have gone soft and need to toughen up and adapt and look at the bigger picture and future.
    So many are just scared about the here and now as they sit watching sky sport, Netflicks and twitting everyone rather than engaging face to face.
    Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.
    My Dad would have been 99 had he lived. I know two men who served with him in the Navy and they think being in the EU is the best thing foe peace in Europe. Their oppos died for that peace and unity.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Sorry to quote myself but I found further information about the musicians.

Only 2% of musicians voted for Brexit, leaving 98% for Remain.

https://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/concerted-objections/
      That MEP does not say 2% of musicians voted for Brexit and 98% were for remain.
      You have read that article incorrectly.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      My Dad would have been 99 had he lived. I know two men who served with him in the Navy and they think being in the EU is the best thing foe peace in Europe. Their oppos died for that peace and unity.
      People who remember the war are overwhelmingly in favour of the EU. I quoted some research from the LSE a few weeks ago that found that the 80+ demographic were on par with the 18-24 year olds as the most in favour of Remain.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      People who remember the war are overwhelmingly in favour of the EU. I quoted some research from the LSE a few weeks ago that found that the 80+ demographic were on par with the 18-24 year olds as the most in favour of Remain.
      Yes, I saw interviews in June with Dday veterans, who said the same.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Yep, there is a blanket assumption that "old people" (sorry for the generalisation) universally voted leave. However I spoken to a couple of people who REMEMBER the war who whilst being very conservative in a number of ways voted remain because of the war..

I'll check out the LSE research, because it's what I suspected all along.

The irony of citing WWII for populist "leave EU" means isn't lost on anyone with either half a brain cell of those who witnessed it.

I wish my Grandmother was still alive, she visited Germany before the war but during the rise of Hitler. She witnessed unbelievable things, a Jewish women beaten up in front of her in a restaurant and turned down a visit to a Nazi rally.

I'd love to talk to her now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      Basically a similar demographic to the majority of of contributors on this thread
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      Yep, there is a blanket assumption that "old people" (sorry for the generalisation) universally voted leave. However I spoken to a couple of people who REMEMBER the war who whilst being very conservative in a number of ways voted remain because of the war..

I'll check out the LSE research, because it's what I suspected all along.

The irony of citing WWII for populist "leave EU" means isn't lost on anyone with either half a brain cell of those who witnessed it.

I wish my Grandmother was still alive, she visited Germany before the war but during the rise of Hitler. She witnessed unbelievable things, a Jewish women beaten up in front of her in a restaurant and turned down a visit to a Nazi rally.

I'd love to talk to her now.
      If you Google the research, you'll probably find it. It came about because researchers had the same gut feeling that you did - that there was a big difference between the 60-79 and the 80+ age groups.

My mum (nearly 90) voted Remain precisely because she remembered the war.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      THIS !!!!
      regards
      DG
      You’re displaying empathy for the allied soldiers who fought in WW2? You call yourself DAS REICH, you mad cvnt.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

1 Not allowed!
      Leave will lose, because it's the wrong thing to do. Some already know that, others do, too, but refuse to admit it. It'll all come out in the wash, as my gran used to say.

...as a matter of fact, it's all dark.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.
      Yes, and widely predicted to drop to 7th before the end of this year below France, and India.

https://ceoworld.biz/2018/12/28/gdp-...conomies-2019/
      Why DON'T YOU ALL JUST
      Forza la Viola, Forza Fiorentina!!!
      Worthing Raiders RFC!!!