View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
810. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

559 69.01%
  • Leave

222 27.41%
  • Wouldn’t vote

29 3.58%
Page 9370 of 10062 FirstFirst ... 8370887092709320936093679368936993709371937293739380942094709870 ... LastLast
Results 93,691 to 93,700 of 100620

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And precisely where are we moving to, my friend? This is the language of someone locked inside a dysfunctional marriage, What folk like you fail to realise is that

a) we cannot simply extract ourselves on a clean break basis (we can't just walk out of the house) - we must have some kind of on-going relationship; we'll have 'obligations' (think of the children)

b) the costs are horrendous (think of what you'll be paying to your lawyer and that your former spouse will have you over a barrel - after you are the one that tried to play away)

c) we've got nowhere else to go (we don't exactly have a queue of stunners awaiting our release from a loveless marriage)

In terms of a divorce settlement, we'll end up sleeping in the back of our car. So 'personally' I hope that if we leave with a NO DEAL (your capitals) I hope that you will suffer disproportionately as.(literally) you were gagging for it.
    Equally (let's be fair here) I hope that if it turns out wonderfully, you should get a better than average share of the benefits (and good luck with that).

And are we not overdue for one of your cheery good news Brexit items about job creation - eg local newsagent in Bromsqrove takes on 2 new paper-boys?
    How did we cope before joining the common agricultural policy , can you give us a time scale for the meltdown of the country, will we become a third world country , have the Bankers all disappeared, have we gone into recession LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
    Regards
    DR

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      And precisely where are we moving to, my friend? This is the language of someone locked inside a dysfunctional marriage, What folk like you fail to realise is that

a) we cannot simply extract ourselves on a clean break basis (we can't just walk out of the house) - we must have some kind of on-going relationship; we'll have 'obligations' (think of the children)

b) the costs are horrendous (think of what you'll be paying to your lawyer and that your former spouse will have you over a barrel - after you are the one that tried to play away)

c) we've got nowhere else to go (we don't exactly have a queue of stunners awaiting our release from a loveless marriage)

In terms of a divorce settlement, we'll end up sleeping in the back of our car. So 'personally' I hope that if we leave with a NO DEAL (your capitals) I hope that you will suffer disproportionately as.(literally) you were gagging for it.
      Equally (let's be fair here) I hope that if it turns out wonderfully, you should get a better than average share of the benefits (and good luck with that).

And are we not overdue for one of your cheery good news Brexit items about job creation - eg local newsagent in Bromsqrove takes on 2 new paper-boys?
      Alternatively, she's been messing around with 27 others. We've tried for the sake of the children to come to a compromise agreement but it's weighted very much in her favour. So we've decided to leave regardless as we have too much respect for ourselves to stay in a loveless, one sided marriage.

And one of the issues was because we paid rather a lot of money into the joint account which she used a large chunk of to go out with her friends. Problem being that some of them were poorer than us so she paid for their meals.
      Last edited by Westdene Seagull; 19-08-2019 at 08:02.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Sorry to disillusion you, and burst your bubble and all that, but no, actually it isn't. Really it isn't.

It may be the biggest crisis our Westminster politicians have had - it must have been a real shock - and still a source of baffled outrage to them - to find that they had totally lost the faith of the majority of the UK voters, who fundamentally disagreed with their fundamental beliefs and didn't support the EU.

N.B. For anybody who feels compelled to burst in with an instant repost, by 'voters' I am referring to people who voted; those who abstained, by their actions (or inactions) tacitly accept the result. That is the essence of what not voting means.
      What is the biggest crisis Britain has faced?

0 Not allowed!

''''the costs are horrendous (think of what you'll be paying to your lawyer and that your former spouse will have you over a barrel - after you are the one that tried to play away)
      Can you clarify this please, we have simply opted to move out of the bureaucratic ties of the EU, hardly 'playing away in a marriage'. Poor analogy.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Alternatively, she's been messing around with 27 others. We've tried for the sake of the children to come to a compromise agreement but it's weighted very much in her favour. So we've decided to leave regardless as we have too much respect for ourselves to stay in a loveless, one sided marriage.
      So tell me, how do you think this compromise agreement should have looked. You keep on about this 'good deal' that you wanted but don't seem to be able to explain what it is

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      So tell me, how do you think this compromise agreement should have looked. You keep on about this 'good deal' that you wanted but don't seem to be able to explain what it is
      May tried some sort which Jezza & Co poo-pooed. Quite a few yippees on here too when they were defeated each time.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

By the way I have already suffered, when my wife got made redundant 2-3 years ago. We where a month away from not being able to pay our mortgage. We are OK now, and we will be OK after Brexit, because at the end of the day nobody will stop us going out to work and earning money, that's the key. I would even go out toilet cleaning, if it meant bringing in a few extra pounds.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      May tried some sort which Jezza & Co poo-pooed. Quite a few yippees on here too when they were defeated each time.
      I'm assuming that you weren't taken in by the Leave campaign's talk of a 'good deal' and wanted 'no deal' all along. Or do you think there was a 'good deal' there that everyone missed ?

If so, I'm fascinated to know what it was

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      I'm assuming that you weren't taken in by the Leave campaign's talk of a 'good deal' and wanted 'no deal' all along ?
      You know what they say about assumptions......
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Pretty pink fairy;9039840]How did we cope before joining the common agricultural policy , can you give us a time scale for the meltdown of the country, will we become a third world country , have the Bankers all disappeared, have we gone into recession LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
      Regards
      DR[/QUOTE

1. In real terms food has become cheaper since we joined the EU; the proportion of income spent on food in the average household has fallen. So before the CAP food was more costly and there was less choice.

2. 1st November 2019.

3, We won't.

4. Some banking jobs have been relocated. But bankers have not disappeared.

5. We will probably go into recession when the data for Q3 is released in Autumn.

Any more questions?