View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
804. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

555 69.03%
  • Leave

220 27.36%
  • Wouldn’t vote

29 3.61%
Page 9368 of 9955 FirstFirst ... 8368886892689318935893659366936793689369937093719378941894689868 ... LastLast
Results 93,671 to 93,680 of 99545
    ESU Zimmer Crew

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You may be bored of hearing about it but surely you realise that this is the biggest crises Britain has faced since WW2?
    That's why we have a thread that's been running for over three years with thousands of entries !
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
    Was that when we took Bejams....?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by oneillco View Post
      You may be bored of hearing about it but surely you realise that this is the biggest crises Britain has faced since WW2?
      Sorry to disillusion you, and burst your bubble and all that, but no, actually it isn't. Really it isn't.

It may be the biggest crisis our Westminster politicians have had - it must have been a real shock - and still a source of baffled outrage to them - to find that they had totally lost the faith of the majority of the UK voters, who fundamentally disagreed with their fundamental beliefs and didn't support the EU.

N.B. For anybody who feels compelled to burst in with an instant repost, by 'voters' I am referring to people who voted; those who abstained, by their actions (or inactions) tacitly accept the result. That is the essence of what not voting means.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
      One might argue we'd have been better off under the Germans, than we could possibly be under 'English' rule in a year or less.
      Nope. Not ever
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      Have to say he has could have been writing my thoughts here. Very simple evaluation and dismissal of those politicians who supported Brexit. They only represent themselves.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...box=1566136857
      What a load of bolleaux. I didn't vote leave because of the politicians - I voted leave because the EU is so corrupt they have never submitted a set of properly audited accounts, because of the CAP which was biased against our own farmers, because of the the wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains, and so on, because of being 'represented' in Europe by non elected people, because of the expense scandals and so on a so on. How arrogant to say that MP's supporting Leave are following their own agenda when those in favour of Remain are also following their own agenda. The referendum result was in favour of Leave - they should stop following their own agendas and follow the result.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
      One might argue we'd have been better off under the Germans, than we could possibly be under 'English' rule in a year or less.
      One maybe. Maybe more than one. But a lot less than 17 million.

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by W3 BHA View Post
      What a load of bolleaux. I didn't vote leave because of the politicians - I voted leave because the EU is so corrupt they have never submitted a set of properly audited accounts, because of the CAP which was biased against our own farmers, because of the the wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains, and so on, because of being 'represented' in Europe by non elected people, because of the expense scandals and so on a so on. How arrogant to say that MP's supporting Leave are following their own agenda when those in favour of Remain are also following their own agenda. The referendum result was in favour of Leave - they should stop following their own agendas and follow the result.
      Absolutely. This is one of the weaknesses of the remain campaign, and the remainers' argument. Although they are, by their own definition, more intelligent than those who voted leave, they cannot get their heads around the fact that people voted leave simply because they didn't want to remain (or be in in the first place) the EU. They didn't vote leave because of any crap (or lies) the leave campaign might have thrown at them, nor were they influenced by any crap (or lies - or just plain ineptitude) the remain campaign churned out.

To put it in simple terms, that even the more intelligent can understand, 17 million people didn't vote to leave because of the leave campaign. The result may have caused consternation, dismay and even panic amongst the Westminster 'elite', but now they have a duty to do, however much they might hate it.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Absolutely. This is one of the weaknesses of the remain campaign, and the remainers' argument. Although they are, by their own definition, more intelligent than those who voted leave, they cannot get their heads around the fact that people voted leave simply because they didn't want to remain (or be in in the first place) the EU. They didn't vote leave because of any crap (or lies) the leave campaign might have thrown at them, nor were they influenced by any crap (or lies - or just plain ineptitude) the remain campaign churned out.

To put it in simple terms, that even the more intelligent can understand, 17 million people didn't vote to leave because of the leave campaign. The result may have caused consternation, dismay and even panic amongst the Westminster 'elite', but now they have a duty to do, however much they might hate it.
      Oh lor' - this has been merged with the Brexit (remainers' love-in) thread. Well done the mods - this is where it belongs!

Well, on that basis I'm out of here - I'll leave it to the usual suspects.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Leaked document showing real cost of no deal Brexit (in short: chaos) reminds me of Gove's original claim that 'we hold all the cards'. I now realise he was being very proactive: he meant ration cards!

This week Chief Idiot Johnson goes to play hardball with France and Germany with about as much chance of getting a result as Chamberlain did with the latter in 1938. He goes with minimum leverage and maximum hubris.

Expect our resident Brexit cheerleaders to talk about 'getting tough' at a time when the only honest and realistic negotiating strategy is to walk in and admit it has all been a ghastly mistake, while prudent Brits attend their allotments in order to 'dig for defeat'.
      Was this leak just a negotiation tactic though? Shows we are not bluffing about leaving without a deal?

0 Not allowed!
      bolleaux.? haven't heard that in probably 40 years . You are the first leaver who has actually put down some reasons why we should leave so thank you. How big are these wine lakes, the beef mountains, the butter mountains now as this has been mentioned in any recent debate.

Regards being 'ruled' by an unelected group of people remind me when I voted for the Queen or any member of the House of Lords. You mention expenses scandals , seem to remember we had one of those ourselves.

Do you honestly believe Rees-Mogg is not in it for his own good ?

The EU is not perfect by a long stretch but it puts us as part of a bigger unit which has some small chance to stand up to the US, China & Russia economically and politically. One reason why we have problems with the EU is people voted jack asses like Farage in who has done nothing to improve it but was quite happy to take the money.

Going back to the farmers , lots of them are seriously worried about leaving but I guess that is just scaremongering.

4 Not allowed!
      Well you have kicked off with a load of bolleaux of your own. This is why people think Leave voters are at best gullible and ill informed and at worst , a load of liars.

Claim: The European Union is so corrupt that the European Court of Auditors has not signed off its accounts for 20 years.

Reality Check verdict: The Court of Auditors has signed the EU accounts every year since 2007, while pointing out that EU countries, once they receive the EU funds, misuse about 4.4% of the total budget.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36276175

It also finds that the UK government is responsible for the misuse of the EU budget (around 80% of the EU budget is managed by the member states) it is allocated and has paid over 650m Euros in fines for mis spending the budget.

"On 28 April 2016, the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee called on the UK government to improve how it spends EU funds".

So, another lie peddled by leavers, exposed and put to bed by a pesky remoaner.

The wine lakes? Well, the EU has some hand in this but it's mainly because France produces far too much wine in a climate which is seeing falling alcohol consumption, dwindling exports and falling cost price. So again, rather far fetched to claim this is the fault of the EU.

Expense scandals? Unelected people? Do me a favour, we are world leaders at such things!

Lesson? Do you research, don't just swallow what nutjobs like Farage feed you.
      Last edited by The Clamp; 18-08-2019 at 23:06.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.