View Poll Results: If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

Voters
742. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain

514 69.27%
  • Leave

199 26.82%
  • Wouldn’t vote

29 3.91%

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite simple really. I've realised that we'd be better off "doing our own thing" as regards trade etc and without all the bureacracy (another layer) that goes with it. I honestly do believe that other countries will start a leaving process as well after seeing how our Brexit is handled although it does appear to be a very painful process.
    Hang on. You’re blaming EU bureaucracy for the inept/inert performance of OUR politicians? What did you expect the EU to do? Acquiesce to every demand, give us an easy path to BREXIT and then watch us swan off into the sunset?

Blimey. What a warped opinion as to where the blame lies in this cluster**** of a process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      I would be loathed to vote again as it would mean the forces intent on ignoring the biggest democratic event in our nation's history had prevailed. We enact democratic results of elections in our country (as promised before the referendum by the government) ... keep asking the question until you get the 'right' result is all very EU
      Is that not just free and fair elections that we enact?
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
      Hang on. You’re blaming EU bureaucracy for the inept/inert performance of OUR politicians? What did you expect the EU to do? Acquiesce to every demand, give us an easy path to BREXIT and then watch us swan off into the sunset?

Blimey. What a warped opinion as to where the blame lies in this cluster**** of a process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't where you managed to conjure up your reply in response to my post re bureaucracy. I'm talking about the structure of the organisation rather than the inept politicians that you're referring to. I honestly do believe we'll prosper ok in the big wide world without the constraints put on trade by the EU.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      See my last reply to @Notters. Bureacracy etc etc
      There will be more bureaucracy for anyone exporting to the EU, and in many other aspects of business and life.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I don't where you managed to conjure up your reply in response to my post re bureaucracy. I'm talking about the structure of the organisation rather than the inept politicians that you're referring to. I honestly do believe we'll prosper ok in the big wide world without the constraints put on trade by the EU.
      But voting Leave was always a vote for MORE bureaucracy and MORE red tape. It's impossible for it to be anything else, and the past two years have proved that. It's not "project fear", it's "oh look, here's some facts". Amazed that this is even still a thing.
      "I never mentioned horses!"

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LadySeagull View Post
      Voted LEAVE the first time, would vote LEAVE the 2nd time.

Literally nothing has happened in the last couple of years that has made me even think about changing my vote - in fact the antics of the EU have reinforced my view.
      The antics of the EU? Rather than the utter cluster**** of our own politicians? Do you walk around with a bag on your head and noise cancelling headphones, or perhaps just read The Daily Mail on a regular basis?

Either way.

Wow.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I would vote Remain AGAIN.

I am the biggest '' Corbanista '' On this Board - Apart from @Ernest probably

But even me myself I doubted if he was what the Labour party wanted and every time he was challenged I so wanted him to win again and he did and I was happy.

If the Conservative Party was behind Teresa May then her Party would have would have got hold of her and said to her '' Get this and I will support you '' They are leaving her to hang herself . Brexit is something that no one could achieve unscaved.

Theresa May went into this thinking she could be the ''UK Saviour'' Instead she has become a ''UK Laughing Stock'' - I never call for a Politician to resign because they have a misdemeanor with expenses or a prostitute or of that ilk because their private business is their business and their business alone ; however in this instance for me anyway. It has become clear. It is not the deal on offer that has been rejected. It is Theresa May herself. She has to now resign before we become the laughing stock of Europe.

BUT

please God NO - Don't replace her with Boris Johnson.

We need someone to go into Negotiations with someone who doesn't think we rule Europe but that we are bang smack in the middle of Europe, even though we do want to leave it.

I am so Pro Europe - but it is possible to leave the EU but still recognise that we both need each other.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Would remain but with a legally binding referendum on any and all of those propositions suffice? Because that is what was on offer last time.
      He won't listen. Entrenched ideals are generally those of the old. Blinkered and unwilling to consider that they may have made a mistake.

The concept that being in an organisation, with the ability to change it by vote/veto etc is better than being outside of it but still massively affected by it's decisions is beyond some people. Because LEAVE MEANS LEAVE SO SHUT UP.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      There will be more bureaucracy for anyone exporting to the EU, and in many other aspects of business and life.
      Exactly, bureaucracy is a modern fact of live and solicitors I know are simply preparing to write it back into UK law.

There are many good reasons to leave the EU, but for the hardliners in the Tory party - Brexit is simply a means to an end. They hate regulation of any kind. It's a race to the bottom.

This isn't project fear - it's project ideology. A hark bark to the bonkers economists in the 1980s whose dreams simply failed. Rees Mogg is having another go.

The EU is protectionist, of course it is, but so is any trading block. If you operate within it - you are protected. In the mind of Rees Mogg, if your industry is protected by a tariff into the EU then you are a failure and should go out of business.

Listen to him. He never talks about business - he only talks about consumers. When he talks about "sovereignty" he really means personal freedom and f### everyone else.

He isn't right wing at all, but dangerously neo-liberal. Survival of the fittest, especially if you have a few million in the bank to start with.

I'm amazed anyone has fallen for him and his other financier mates like Farage.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      I would vote Remain AGAIN.

I am the biggest '' Corbanista '' On this Board - Apart from @Ernest probably

But even me myself I doubted if he was what the Labour party wanted and every time he was challenged I so wanted him to win again and he did and I was happy.

If the Conservative Party was behind Teresa May then her Party would have would have got hold of her and said to her '' Get this and I will support you '' They are leaving her to hang herself . Brexit is something that no one could achieve unscaved.

Theresa May went into this thinking she could be the ''UK Saviour'' Instead she has become a ''UK Laughing Stock'' - I never call for a Politician to resign because they have a misdemeanor with expenses or a prostitute or of that ilk because their private business is their business and their business alone ; however in this instance for me anyway. It has become clear. It is not the deal on offer that has been rejected. It is Theresa May herself. She has to now resign before we become the laughing stock of Europe.

BUT

please God NO - Don't replace her with Boris Johnson.

We need someone to go into Negotiations with someone who doesn't think we rule Europe but that we are bang smack in the middle of Europe, even though we do want to leave it.

I am so Pro Europe - but it is possible to leave the EU but still recognise that we both need each other.
      She has an impossible job. Good analysis on the news tonight. Opinions are so entrenched within Parliament it's difficult to see a way out.

If you listened to the nut-jobs on LBC (or NSC), it's all about the political class attempting to stop Brexit when in reality it's LEAVERS (including the leader of The Labour Party) failing to agree how hard (or soft) the fall out should be. You couldn't make it up.

Extremists always end up disagreeing with each other.