Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Could this see the return of the LibDems? They say they will campaign in the next general Election to remain in UK. On their own they won't win but they might just get enough seats for another coalition. Not with a Boris led Brexit Tory party but maybe with Labour, especially if they have a new leader.

We could have a a new Lib Lab pact by Christmas!
Dream on.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I'm 17, and fear for my future. I've being ****ed over by are large number of careless older people who will not be around to see the consequences of what they have done. The nation has being duped and lied to by a racist and a power hungry buffoon. Farage has already gone back on one of the biggest lies of the campaign and far too many were racially motivated in their voting. Brilliant words from Kipling sums it up perfectly...

I could not dig; I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton and London aren't separate countries, Scotland however is.
No it isn't.
Not saying this is your position, but do you see the hypocrisy of someone voting to leave, so they have 'independance' but criticising Scotland for wanting their's too.
I didn't criticise Scotland for wanting the chance to vote. They voted. I now criticise the SNP for wanting another go. And I criticise them for saying that they might igmore the will of the people and keep the UK in the EU.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I never said anything of the sort. In any case, what Juncker and Schmidt want and what Merkel and Hollarde want are clearly very different.

Apologies, when you said:

A second referendum, and then a third if the right answer isn't obtained, is a very EU-ish scenario. The unelected bureaucrats would have no problem with it whatsoever. In fact, they are probably suggesting it behind the scenes as we speak.

It did read as though you thought the EU would keep trying until they got the right answer, I.e. By hook or by crook.

I apologise again for completely misreading your post.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well that's another lie nailed!Junker has written to all British employees of the EU to tell them their jobs are safe.'You work for Europe and that door is not closing for you'.One less thing to whinge and cry about!:)

But those jobs will not be in U.K., they will be moved to new locations inside the E.U. The E.U. is very fair about resettlement costs etc so I expect most will keep their jobs, but they won't be paying tax here.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm 17, and fear for my future. I've being ****ed over by are large number of careless older people who will not be around to see the consequences of what they have done. The nation has being duped and lied to by a racist and a power hungry buffoon. Farage has already gone back on one of the biggest lies of the campaign and far too many were racially motivated in their voting. Brilliant words from Kipling sums it up perfectly...

You can blame the oldun's if you like, but 6 in 10 of your slightly older peers (18 to 24 year olds) failed to vote at all. That's not good.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
After the debacle of Brexit, you will forgive me for saying, that l am currently feeling very ashamed for my fellow countrymen, for we know not the enormity of what we have just done, and seemingly, with so many threads on here having more and more of a right wing bias, I have decided to restrict my posts, to just football related threads.

Will the last one out please switch off the lights.

Thank you.

I bet Greece would have loved to be able to quit the EU and deal with their financial problems properly themselves rather than stay tied into this system which doesn't act in their best interests.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

You fear for your future, really? You live in an incredibly rich nation with a wealth of opportunity. Leaving the EU won't suddenly change that.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
You can blame the oldun's if you like, but 6 in 10 of your slightly older peers (18 to 24 year olds) failed to vote at all. That's not good.

Sadly very true. Although the UK's ageing demographic already puts youngster's like me at a disadvantage.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

all my lies are proved untrue
I suggest the 66% of young people your age should have voted if they felt this way. Sorry I meant over 18

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Apologies, when you said:

It did read as though you thought the EU would keep trying until they got the right answer, I.e. By hook or by crook.

I apologise again for completely misreading your post.[/QUOT
It could be interpreted that way. Quite possible that there is both public posturing and private discussion underway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm 17, and fear for my future. I've being ****ed over by are large number of careless older people who will not be around to see the consequences of what they have done.

Do you mean you've been ***ed over by people who are 18 and over? They're called voters. You'll be one next birthday.

If, as a voter, you vote for the likes of BJ or Farage, then you get exactly what you deserve. Even if you'd rather the other side won, you have to suck it up and live with it. It's called democracy. It's not perfect by any means, but the alternatives are far worse.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
You fear for your future, really? You live in an incredibly rich nation with a wealth of opportunity. Leaving the EU won't suddenly change that.

When the result came in I was extremely embarassed and ashamed of our country, that we first believed the blatant lies of Farage and that many were motivated at all by racist and prejudiced views. I fear for my future yes-I don't want to live in a future of racial hatred and narrow-minded anti-foreigner mentality.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When the result came in I was extremely embarassed and ashamed of our country, that we first believed the blatant lies of Farage and that many were motivated at all by racist and prejudiced views. I fear for my future yes-I don't want to live in a future of racial hatred and narrow-minded anti-foreigner mentality.
If that was the only reason people voted out, then I'm with you all the way. If there were possibly other reasons, then you are talking shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here