Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep. High chance this dance btw the U.K. unelected govt and the EU is just window dressing so they can both tell the electorates that they tried their hardest.

Very much this, I think the " negotiations " are almost at that stage as at the end The Good, Bad and the Ugly, lots of intense staring at the offers and counter offers and wondering if someone will blink first or make a demand that the other has to reject out of turn and then do " The Pigeon " and storm out blaming the other side.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Time for meds ???
Regards
DF

I knew you had to be on meds, it answers a lot of questions, but you don't have to be so look at me to tell us when it's time for you to take them.
Maybe get together with Hastings Gull and take them together, you both belong somewhere secure.
No offence intended though.
Mind you don't choke on a sardine bone.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I knew you had to be on meds, it answers a lot of questions, but you don't have to be so look at me to tell us when it's time for you to take them.
Maybe get together with Hastings Gull and take them together, you both belong somewhere secure.
No offence intended though.
Mind you don't choke on a sardine bone.

Earlier on today there was quite some fascinating posts from both sides, not the least those bemoaning the vitriol and hatred from both sides, and on occasion even a plea for compromise. Then you come along and always have to lower the tone. Why do you do it?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Earlier on today there was quite some fascinating posts from both sides, not the least those bemoaning the vitriol and hatred from both sides, and on occasion even a plea for compromise. Then you come along and always have to lower the tone. Why do you do it?

Because there is no compromise for the majority of the UK, the problem has been pushed onto Northern Island. Not so sweeping under the carpet, more sailing it over the Irish Sea.

How selfish.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Was that 'plea for compromise' where you and [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] said that although you had both voted 'Leave', you were now both prepared to compromise and wanted to 'Leave' :facepalm:

I'm sorry but your imagination is really completely out of touch with what is happening in reality.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Enjoy a cold and wet end of season Portugal. I bet there's really good deals on a full English this time of year. I'm sure it's what you've worked for and deserve :thumbsup:

I went there late season once, when I was poor. Two hundred quid wasted. Mind you, litres of cheap drink.

To be fair, Das Boot does like scenery, romantic walks and architecture, and maybe he's been on a gallery, church and restaurant tour up coast.

Heartwarming he has found the time to contribute to your NSC experience, though, with such a plethora of delightful distraction. In my case....you can guess the rest.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've the popcorn out here waiting to see the incredible twists and turns people who were formerly staunch Unionists will make to justify Boris effectively handing NI away if this rehashed deal goes through.

Realistically if the UK had never privatised electricity in Northern Ireland and kept stronger controls on who could build a gas network (it didn't have one); it wouldn't have been quite as doomsday over keeping it in the SM/CU and the hardest of hard Brexits was plausible.

But because NIE was privatised and the Irish Government bought the important bits; and was allowed build the gas network it created a situation where leaving the SM/CU would literally turn the lights out. Thatcherism comes back to haunt modern Tories again - of course she was in favour of the Single Market anyway.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I've the popcorn out here waiting to see the incredible twists and turns people who were formerly staunch Unionists will make to justify Boris effectively handing NI away if this rehashed deal goes through

The cost of leaving the EU in the way the hard right want was always going to lead to the breakup of the country

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The logic of a referendum on an ACTUAL deal (or no deal if that is the best the government can come up with) rather than the hypothetical and often contradictory hopes/pledges of 2016 vs remain is compelling. If the will of the people brigade are so confident they should support this rather than acting as if democracy was a one off opportunity in 2016.
By the way, I am still waiting for some specific examples of how all/some of our lives will be better outside the EU. Brexiteer politicians seem to have stopped trying to address this question and members of the public repeatedly embarrass themselves on radio phone ins, TV, online etc when invited to do so.

The issue that swung it for me is that EEA rules are formed with genuine consensus with EFTA states ( who don't even have to be in the EEA either ) and cannot be imposed on them. The EFTA and EU pillars of the EEA are equal.

For EU states the rules are compulsory if they are voted through with EU Qualified Majority Voting - meaning the UK can be forced to accept EEA rules if Germany, France and a 'population majority' win the QMV vote.

For EFTA states the rules have been genuinely agreed at the drafting stage.

And EFTA states can even opt out of the EEA anyway. A Switzerland deal could be wonderful ( clearly depends on details ) but could take years to finalise.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not having remain on the ballot would ensure that there was a rejoin campaign straight away and we waste more years on dealing with our relationship with the EU. [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] had the idea that a No Deal exit should return us to the position of relations with the EU that we had the day before joining the EU or EEC as was, that would place us in EFTA.
Yes I stick by this. We had to leave EFTA to join the Common Market, so I see no reason for not rejoining EFTA on day 1.

This gives us a pick of EFTA Trade Deals with the rest of the world, all ready to go.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If the choice is May's rotten deal resurrected and remain we may as well remain. The ERG have revealed themselves to be spineless pussies so much for ex SAS Davies, Colonel Francois and Hard man Baker

You voted for Brexit and your preferred leave option is no deal so obviously you won't be voting Labour at the next GE as the 'spineless pussies' have reneged on their manifesto promise to enact even a soft Brexit .... (assuming we haven't left) if the choice is No deal or remain will you be voting for Boris or the Brexit party at the next GE?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You voted for Brexit and your preferred leave option is no deal so obviously you won't be voting Labour at the next GE as the 'spineless pussies' have reneged on their manifesto promise to enact even a soft Brexit .... (assuming we haven't left) if the choice is No deal or remain will you be voting for Boris or the Brexit party at the next GE?

I would have thought it was a bit early in the morning, even for you ???

_106106045_gettyimages-1086633894_crop.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They are not remainers then are they :ffsparr:

People that voted remain and would vote remain in a second referendum yet accept, without a second referendum, that we should leave are not leavers. By your warped logic, if I vote Labour at the next general election but the Tories win and I accept they should form the next government, I become a Tory supporter :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here