Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The last 3 vox pops on the BBC news, that I have seen
Portsmouth. 58% leave
Stoke 69% leave
Hull. 62% leave

This from our unbiased State broadcaster.
Specially selected by ****sberger?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Mishal Husain: The PM should not use words like "betrayal"

James Cleverly: He did not use the word "betrayal"

MH quotes: "We will not betray the people"

JC: "Yes, OK he said 'we will not betray...' but accusations against him were unfair"

How could anyone with any semblance of integrity sit on the Government benches behind Johnson following last night. I wonder who the first NSC poster will be to back Johnson's diatribe last night ???

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

JC: "Yes, OK he said 'we will not betray...' but accusations against him were unfair"

How could anyone with any semblance of integrity sit on the Government benches behind Johnson following last night. I wonder who the first NSC poster will be to back Johnson's diatribe last night ???

The Tory party could go an a baby killing spree and Cleverly would defend it and say Labour would have done worse.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Sir Bernard Jenkin on Newsnight was something else. We must 'think about the strain The Prime Minister is under' apparently.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Is there anyone on here who doesn’t think that the Conservatives are absolutely f****d in the medium and long term when/if we leave the EU?

Ardent leavers lending their vote will drift away;
Centrist Tories will, at best, question their allegiance;
Floating voters who favoured remain will be lost
Under 35s (under 45s?) will not forgive a party that steamrollered Brexit through when they were overwhelmingly in support of remain
Anyone turned off by Boris & his cronies’ behaviour will be lost
The (already slim) Scottish vote will shrink again

OK, so the right of the party will be even more staunchly backing them, but they can’t vote twice and the bare facts of their demographics suggest that a fairly significant number will pass away in the next few years, or have already passed away since the referendum.

Will the current shenanigans actually attract (m)any votes to the Tories (other than previously floating Brexiteers)?

Listening to Soames on the radio this morning (and Heseltine yesterday evening) really hit home the strength of feeling amongst the centrist ‘one nation’ Tories and if the likes of him (having served as a loyal Tory MP for god knows how long) feel that way, what must the centrist/moderate Conservative voters think?

To be clear, I don’t feel ALL the blame for the political binfest should be placed at the feet of the Tories (/Brexiteers), as the language and tone on both sides of the debate needs to cool down, but it does seem to be Boris and his cronies (advisers & right wing press) instigating much of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Said noone ever!! [emoji38] :kiss:

It all seems a bit convenient to me.
BG suddenly finds out he's a staunch bluer than blue Tory just at the same time posters are easily riled by the Tories.
BG has been a Johnson cheerleader for a while now. Johnson can do no wrong in his eyes. What is more, BG then extrapolates this view to the conclusion that Johnson will win a landslide.

Each to their own. I reckon Johnson, in a few short weeks, has become the worst PM since Lord North who lost America. :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Saddened, but not surprised to see the Government double down on their rhetoric last night.

It could be one of two things

Johnson is finding the pressure of actually having to work, and not being able to bullshit, bluster and 'wing it', harder than he thought and he is genuinely becoming a complete loose cannon while you can hear his team faceslap in the background as each disaster unfolds. If you haven't seen it, here he is dying on his arse to an empty UN, just before he made that appearance in the HOC last night.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-un-supreme-court-speech-general-assembly-torture-a9119266.html

Or is it a plan whereby he thinks that by gradually being more and more ridiculous, confrontational and downright offensive, he may be able to goad the rest of Parliament into a vote of no confidence ?

Whichever it is, I believe he is totally f***ed by his own utter ineptitude :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
BG's gone off to change his pants as he just had an 'accident' laughing.

Quite why people keep feeding him is completely beyond me.

But BG has always been a none too bright, working class Tory.

And now you want me to believe that he is on a wind up, by pretending to be a non too bright, working class Tory.

You may be able to spot why I'm struggling with this a little :wink:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hypothetical question NSCers and apologies if its been asked on here before.

But where would this country be today if Boris Johnson had succeeded David Cameron immediately instead of Mrs May?

I think out of Europe with a good deal for the UK, a strong pound and the economy moving forward.

(And obviously Sir Geoffrey Boycott would still be plain old Mr Boycott)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Hypothetical question NSCers and apologies if its been asked on here before.

But where would this country be today if Boris Johnson had succeeded David Cameron immediately instead of Mrs May?

I think out of Europe with a good deal for the UK, a strong pound and the economy moving forward.

(And obviously Sir Geoffrey Boycott would still be plain old Mr Boycott)

What evidence leads you to that conclusion?

Personally I believe we would be almost exactly where we are today.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It seems that MPs may not back Boris but the voting public do and he knows that and that is why he wants a GE soon and and get a large majority but for the same reasons.Corbyn etc dont.

There is absolutely no way he is getting a large majority with these tactics.

1. The majority are against these tactics
2. Some Hardline Brexiteers can see through it for the fakeness it is.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The language you are using is no better than Boris. Associating leave voters with racism is really pathetic. Had it occured to you that there are BAME leave voters? Probably not.

Indeed ... the current 'outrage' about the PM's inflammatory choice of words would be a bit more convincing if his critics hadn't contributed to the intemperate level of debate. See Dictator, coup, betrayal, decapitate (Boris), racist as well as drawing comparisons with the Nazis and of course the official Lib Dem Bollox to Brexit campaign. Hypocrisy award of the day must go to Labour MP Emma Hardy who was so appalled at Geoffrey Cox's comments re “when did you stop beating your wife”. She previously used exactly the same phrase herself ..

your question is akin to “when did you stop beating your wife”
I’ll not answer it.

— Emma Hardy MP (@EmmaHardyMP) June 29, 2016

https://twitter.com/EmmaHardyMP/status/748206051636420608?ref_src=tws rc^tfw

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Indeed ... the current 'outrage' about the PM's inflammatory choice of words would be a bit more convincing if his critics hadn't contributed to the intemperate level of debate. See Dictator, coup, betrayal, decapitate (Boris), racist as well as drawing comparisons with the Nazis and of course the official Lib Dem Bollox to Brexit campaign. Hypocrisy award of the day must go to Labour MP Emma Hardy who was so appalled at Geoffrey Cox's comments re “when did you stop beating your wife”. She previously used exactly the same phrase herself ..

your question is akin to “when did you stop beating your wife”
I’ll not answer it.

— Emma Hardy MP (@EmmaHardyMP) June 29, 2016

https://twitter.com/EmmaHardyMP/status/748206051636420608?ref_src=tws rc^tfw

I was wrong, I thought it would be Mouldy.

The whataboutism really doesn't hold any water. This is the Prime Minister for God's sake.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here