Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ivan Rogers :flounce::flounce::flounce::lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Perhaps the deluded are those that can not except the result of a referendum, and are deluded in trying to work out why over 17m were not deluded.

If you feel that a sense of communities feeling left behind and unlistened-to, a tiredness of public services that don't work, of ugly town planning, a lack of jobs, poor housing, rundown utilities and an underlying lack of hope weren't hugely important factors in large numbers of people voting contrary to the way much of an establishment led by an Etonian prime minister asked them to then I have to say I disagree with you, that's all.

Finding amusing a charge that I'm suggesting everyone who disagrees with me, or who voted Leave, is a racist strikes me as moronic to be honest. I note that two of you find it just that. Heyho.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
where in Gods name is the governments "PLAN B" is there even a plan a plan "A"

to put is politely its a shambles

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Buy from people who know how to trade,not hide behind barriers!That is how business is suppose to work.A market is a place to go and buy what you want-if it costs too much,shop elsewhere.Luxury cars,cheese,and wine can be bought from lots of places and aren't exclusive to the EU.Do wake up.:lolol:

Ferrari, Champagne........ Still asleep I see

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Finding amusing a charge that I'm suggesting everyone who disagrees with me, or who voted Leave, is a racist strikes me as moronic to be honest. I note that two of you find it just that. Heyho.

i have never said it. I don't understand your constant bleating when nothing much has actually happened since Brexit, when it does feel free to whine on.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
i have never said it.

Are you saying you didn't find the racism thing amusing? In that case please explain your reaction to post 24258.

And how in heaven's name does describing some of the social and other problems in many of Britain's towns constitute bleating?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Are you saying you didn't find the racism thing amusing? In that case please explain your reaction to post 24258.

And how in heaven's name does describing some of the social and other problems in many of Britain's towns constitute bleating?

Another unanswered question?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I will answer, just come back on line, contrary to what your wing man studio 150 slides in.
I just put up a smile in answer to Billy the Fish post where he amused me by putting in la la la la la etc...... tell me where (with just a single smile and no words) would i find the racist thing amusing.
You are getting a bit desperate..... a smile and no words, and you deduce what.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Soulman, they are just winding people up. They will argue the hind leg off a donkey with inane crap. At the same time they will display their pathetic abasement to the EU by licking the backside of a failed ideology. Now the boots on the other foot we could say the 'plebs' are revolting. Some creatures are interesting, others just laughable. Chill.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
where in Gods name is the governments "PLAN B" is there even a plan a plan "A".

To put is politely its a shambles
Don't worry - Plan A is very simple. We trigger Article 50, and then negotiate trade deals etc. Don't take too much notice of Sir Ivan Rogers attempts to cause further fear and uncertainty. The man's an out and out Europhile, who doesn't want us to leave the EU at all - and thus, like all remoaners, he regards the very idea of leaving the EU as 'muddle headed thinking'.
As a civil servant, is job was to negotiate our departure from the EU - and that was something he obviously didn't want to do at all. So he's gone. Leaving some snide remarks behind. Now we've got a new man in, so hopefully we can get on with Plan A.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What benefits?If they want to trade with us,fair enough-if they don't,who cares?They sell a damn sight more to us than we do to them.I hear some of these people like a bit of self-mutilation,but cutting off their nose is just a bit too extreme,even for germans!

You might see it as cutting off their noses in spite, they might see it as cutting out a cancerous growth. No doubt this process will bring pain to the EU, but it is us who like the ones cutting their noses off in spite, by leaving.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's simple really. We control our immigration, we don't pay to a club that we don't belong to. Our laws are supreme (even if it means ratifying selected rulings emanating from the EU commission during our membership of the failed EU on the statute books)
Right then, now the red lines are drawn how do you, the EU want to proceed?.. Trade lets start there. If tariffs are instigated it is quids in for us. If we were to be general lets say 10% on goods other than financial services. We would just be collecting money which could be used to give tax breaks to exporters therefore mitigating tariffs charged. We would still be many millions indeed the better off. What next, ah yes, financial services. Anyone who seriously believes more that 10% of banking jobs will go abroad (to set up legal EU side stepping companies) are deluded.
Stand your ground. We want to be a good partner until your political utopia turns out to be a dung heap BUT on our terms. Not hard is it?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's simple really. We control our immigration, we don't pay to a club that we don't belong to. Our laws are supreme (even if it means ratifying selected rulings emanating from the EU commission during our membership of the failed EU on the statute books)
Right then, now the red lines are drawn how do you, the EU want to proceed?.. Trade lets start there. If tariffs are instigated it is quids in for us. If we were to be general lets say 10% on goods other than financial services. We would just be collecting money which could be used to give tax breaks to exporters therefore mitigating tariffs charged. We would still be many millions indeed the better off. What next, ah yes, financial services. Anyone who seriously believes more that 10% of banking jobs will go abroad (to set up legal EU side stepping companies) are deluded.
Stand your ground. We want to be a good partner until your political utopia turns out to be a dung heap BUT on our terms. Not hard is it?

Tariffs and customs barriers will hurt us more than the majority of EU countries, as much as you all like to think that Merkel runs the show, 26 other nations have to approve any agreement.

It is not the numbers of jobs that will leave the city that will hurt the economy, so much as the revenues on the profits made in the EU.
It really is not as simple as you are.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You might see it as cutting off their noses in spite, they might see it as cutting out a cancerous growth. No doubt this process will bring pain to the EU, but it is us who like the ones cutting their noses off in spite, by leaving.
So we'll all be without noses then? Perhaps the UN an arrange an amnesty..........................

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Tariffs and customs barriers will hurt us more than the majority of EU countries, as much as you all like to think that Merkel runs the show, 26 other nations have to approve any agreement.

It is not the numbers of jobs that will leave the city that will hurt the economy, so much as the revenues on the profits made in the EU.
It really is not as simple as you are.

Abuse as much as you want. It weakens you.

Off line now I'll still read your drivel tomorrow and laugh.
G'd night now...:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here