Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So which revoking version is it angry little man?
The revoking version as per the petition “Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU”. That version that some remoaners want where Brexit is killed dead, no more talks, no more votes just kill it off and remain as per previous membership
Or is it the other revoking version mentioned by other remainers where we revoke Article 50, get rid of the current deal and instead look at other alternatives and options for leaving and re-invoke A50 later but with a bonus option when voting to remain in.
Which confused remoaners are telling the right version?.

Both options are on the table, if you can get majority in parliament with a single vision for leaving, it can be re invoked, in a few months or forty years. it's not like the leave campaign where remainers are going to suggest that we could spend ficticious amounts of money on the NHS, or that we can get the exact same balls up by revoking as leaving, and then the Government has the impossible task of trying to **** things up just as much as if we had left.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You could have simply said which version of revoke you are petitioning for, the version that Ends brexit stone dead and we just go back to being members of the EU or the other version your remainer friend hkfc said which is the revoke version where the process is put on hold and other options to leaving are explored.
But you didnt......i suspect because you dont really know yourself.
Oh look. I already answered you by replying to your previous nonsense. It's as if I'm psychic or.......... no, just not a complete...***** [emoji23]

Two for the price of one sunshine. Nice bonus for you.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll have to say it again. You are extremely stupid.

Revoking A50 means we can take a step back, discuss things properly, probably have a general election (please God let Labour have got rid of Corbyn) and possibly have a second vote on the options of leaving. Now that we know more about what the options actually are. It could still go either way.

It's in no way similar to the "voting for Brexit when nobody had a clue what that meant" shitstorm.

Your comparisons are moronic.

Good, good. So you are in the put it on hold and explore all other options of leaving camp and possibly vote to stay in. Good to know.
It will disappoint the other remainers though that are petitioning for Article 50 to be revoked and brexit cancelled and ended stone dead,once and for all.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who, incidentally is encouraging fraud, and is, in fact, wrong.

Not that I much care about the petition .... it's rather ponitless but :

a. It's not fraud under the Fraud Act 2006 as petitions are basically just bits of paper that people are signing to indicate their opinion. There is no gain to the signer by using false details.

b. The only thing the petition can achieve is a debate in Parliament ...... which has and is already being had.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You do realise that by using that pathetic, nursery playground insult, anything else you write just comes across as "blah blah blah I'm a little cry baby" don't you?

Although I realise self awareness isn't your strong point, you could do yourself a favour and actually post like an adult.

Now go and count the number of remainer posts in this thread using phrases such as Little Englanders, thickos, stupid, racist, xenophobic, prick and even retard. I think remoaners is rather tame by comparison.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, that has been blatantly obvious for the last two and more years. A disgrace to the BBC's aim of impartiality.

What absolute nonsense.

The idea that you cannot have an opinion on politics if you work for the BBC is ludicrous. You just have to ensure that your reporting doesn't display it. And her reporting does not. On the other hand the "other side" give Piers Morgan a free platform whenever he fancies it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Now go and count the number of remainer posts in this thread using phrases such as Little Englanders, thickos, stupid, racist, xenophobic, prick and even retard. I think remoaners is rather tame by comparison.
I honestly couldn't care less mate. I was just pointing out that whenever I read that saddo term, I automatically ignore anything else the person has posted. Because they make themselves sound about four years old.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Dear God.....have we really reached the stage where you are now asking someone to compare the numbers and harshness of insults between opposing groups?

Why not just make out your case as best you can and, as Gandhi once said, 'be the change you wish to see'?

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Now go and count the number of remainer posts in this thread using phrases such as Little Englanders, thickos, stupid,racist, xenophobic, prick and even retard. I think remoaners is rather tame by comparison.

Generally because of something they've said about a foreign national. The last time I saw someone use 'retard' was by a leaver.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
My sincerest apologies for not replying but I have on numerous occasions posted the positive case for leaving in direct response to accusations that none are forthcoming. Perhaps you missed them.

Increased democratic accountability for those that govern us.

Re-establishing Primacy of UK law.

Halting UK drift towards ever closer union.

Increased control of immigration.

Prioritising UK trade economic opportunities with the fastest growing countries, trade blocks.

Not being part of an organisation that ignores democracy and inflicts crushing austerity on the poorest and most vulnerable (see Greece)

Even the EU fear we will become an economic success, a less regulatory bureaucratic nation, more free market powerhouse on the edge of Europe ... Such a shame many Uk citizens can't see the opportunities

Thank you. I can't see many 'material' advantages here or many points of competitive advantage other than in two of your points. Maybe it's the 'qualitative ones' that are the winners (as indeed your side did 'win'). I wonder though if Brexit is really the platform for us becoming a kinder, more inclusive country with more opportunities for the 'left behind' communities who (in my view, falsely) voted to leave? So in a broader sense than simply the economic (always the weakest card in the Brexiteer pack) will we become a 'better' country? (Jury is out; I'll leave that question hanging.)

el punal

Seems a good reporter to me

What about Sopel? ???

Jon Sopel is the BBC’s man in the States. He has written an excellent book called “If Only They Didn’t Speak English” about his time during the U.S. election in 2016. His description of people and events is very revealing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Her reporting does show it everytime she talks.

Just because she's not turning red faced and standing there with a pint screaming "just get on with it" does not make her biased.

Objectively Brexit is a mess. However, Brexit is not her only remit. She's the BBC's Political Editor, she's not Chief Brexit Reporter. It's just that between us, the people, and them the MPs that she reports on, that's all we currently have to talk about politically. There's no way I'd control my disdain if I had to spend every day watching people covering themselves in shit whilst trying to polish a turd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here