Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think we should let Baker lite carry on with his "I'm not an EU citizen anymore from 2300 next Friday stuff. I've always been fascinated to see what happens if one individual declares independence from a nation unilaterally.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes aware of all that and my god nobody is clean on either side. But regardless, the Remain camp had vastly more things in its favour. The entire establishment was against leaving which probably dwarves anything Trump and co could buy. No, the Remainers were the Man City of Brexit whilst the Leavers were, well, Wigan of the 3rd tier. ‘‘Twas and always will be remembered as an almighty cup shock in football parlance!

Stupid people are in the majority therefore Leave always had a very , very good chance of getting voted through.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's progress of a sort. No more 'strong and stable *squawk*'
True.
4f0a7ec52a7be6bed75c446449704be0.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok Nostradamus, tell me how the Falklands can be part of a country not yet 200 years old, when they have been the Falklands for 250 odd years?
The people in these areas have voted to stay British. Nobody forced them, and they had their own independent votes.

I did edit my previous post to include the fact that Gibraltar votes with the SW of England for MEPs in Brussels.

Just go back and look at a world map from 1919. And then one from 1819. And then use a bit of imagination to, er, imagine what one from 2119 will look like. It's easy if you try.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stupid people are in the majority therefore Leave always had a very , very good chance of getting voted through.

Even if that were true it’s not about majorities but power - crikey, even the dumbest must know that by now, yes?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Plus it was backed by the billionaire owners of the majority of the popular newspapers.

They're not "the elite" though obviously. Not that elite anyway. A different one, who wants things to be better for everyone. Not themselves. Yes.

How do people convince themselves of this bullshit?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
b523c6c5f7ae8e4395544c22871d22eb.jpg

Some folk are having some chuckles on this petition.

By legal default, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You've been copying Julia Hartley-Brewer, haven't you? Who, incidentally is encouraging fraud, and is, in fact, wrong.

[tweet]1109115894226186247[/tweet]

It's amusing to think that some Leavers have signed once to try to discredit the petition, but have added to the number.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
- Remainers had the odds ridiculously stacked in their favour and yet still lost. For Leavers to have won in 2016 against such power will forever be one of the most astonishing results in history. But a pyrrhic victory it was.

Apart from the illegal activity of leavers, and the fact that most people assumed that remain would win and therefore many may not have bothered voting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just go back and look at a world map from 1919. And then one from 1819. And then use a bit of imagination to, er, imagine what one from 2119 will look like. It's easy if you try.

The Falklands Referendum was March 2013. Just three people out of the entire population voted to leave Britain.

In 1919 and 1819 we had a British Empire, and nobody had a choice of who ruled them. After two world wars the Empire was gone, finished, destroyed.
Out of that arose the Commonwealth where countries that wanted to align with us, did it voluntarily.
Even the Scots chose to Remain with the UK recently.

Here ends the history lesson.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You just don’t like people having a bit of fun.

By legal default, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are leaving the EU next Friday don't forget the visa to leave your house is £7.

You can then spend three months in the Montague Centre.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You've been copying Julia Hartley-Brewer, haven't you? Who, incidentally is encouraging fraud, and is, in fact, wrong.

It's amusing to think that some Leavers have signed once to try to discredit the petition, but have added to the number.

This woman really is a prize wally. I look forward to the day when the planet reaches its senses and we stop giving halfwits like her any airtime.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think we should let Baker lite carry on with his "I'm not an EU citizen anymore from 2300 next Friday stuff. I've always been fascinated to see what happens if one individual declares independence from a nation unilaterally.

Maybe we could do that on NSC - he gets his own board that only he can use, and he can't use the rest of the site. We can't see him either.

That would actually work.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This woman really is a prize wally. I look forward to the day when the planet reaches its senses and we stop giving halfwits like her any airtime.

She's just one of Murdoch's tabloid hacks getting in panic this will be the largest petition in modern British history

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent. Another sore loser that cannot admit that they LOST and that someone who voted FOR Brexit KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY VOTED FOR =LEAVE THE EU.

Your about as objective as a pig farmer at a vegan rally.

Conceited ass. It's twats like you and May that cannot admit that others might have known what they want when they voted.

So did you vote to stay in the customs union or to put a hard border In NI/Ireland because I'm sure that someone with your knowledge of the issues is completely aware that you have to choose one or the other, so which did you vote for.

(Or if that is too complicated you could write insults in CAPITALS instead)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Apart from the illegal activity of leavers, and the fact that most people assumed that remain would win and therefore many may not have bothered voting.

I voted leave and I didn’t do anything illegal? Nah, this illegal dark forces conspiracy angle simply smells like sour grapes and is just a tad being over emphasised. Besides anyone would think the Remain campaign represented the forces of light and goodness. The EU butter mountain wouldn’t melt in its mouth eh?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love this present time of instant communication. No pseudonym, just a straight forward name, which can be checked.

[tweet]1109086108426690561[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No it is very much not. A political union is a shared government. Where do the Swiss MEP's sit?

In Swiss Parliament, they vote on whether to accept EU changes, they don't get to help shape those changes, and on the rare occasions they decide no, the EU reminds them that to not adopt would breach one or other of the bi-lateral agreements they have, the Swiss vote again and say yes. It is their sovereign power to say no, but they always say yes because saying no causes big problems. The illusion of more sovereignty than the UK as a member, whilst the UK actually has greater sovereignty, if you class it as actually getting the decision you want rather than having to vote on something you dont want but saying yes anyway because no is too problematic.
Swiss type arrangements is where we would probably end up if we stick no deal out for long enough. My reckoning is though that we would not stick out no deal for very long at all and we go more like Norway, but with the customs union too.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It's very funny. Like a reverse of what we did to the Palace petition where the outcome actually ****ed the club up even more.

I remember the Palace forum posts, panicking "half these signatures are Brighton taking the piss!!" etc.

So morons like JHB are actively encouraging people to add to the number of signatures multiple times. To achieve what exactly? Help get it to 4m and even more publicity?

The stupid bint! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here