Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
https://twitter.com/sapere_vivere/status/1109017814537564160?s=21
https://twitter.com/sapere_vivere/status/1109017814537564160?s=21
39646d5de4437660226eca0e349011e5.jpg

By legal default, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Some member of 4chan"

:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Excellent. Another sore loser that cannot admit that they LOST and that someone who voted FOR Brexit KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY VOTED FOR =LEAVE THE EU.

Your about as objective as a pig farmer at a vegan rally.

Conceited ass. It's twats like you and May that cannot admit that others might have known what they want when they voted.

Brexiteer in use of the wrong 'your' shock.:rolleyes:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Aside from the Irish border issue what exactly are you objecting to in Mays deal?

The Irish border is a red herring. The folk in Ireland will do very, very well out of Brexit. The businesses on the Border are furious with the DUP who are preventing them from getting rich out of it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Irish border is a red herring. The folk in Ireland will do very, very well out of Brexit. The businesses on the Border are furious with the DUP who are preventing them from getting rich out of it.

North or South? Northern Ireland has no electricity of its own.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To which I would say it is a very different question that is being asked now. Nobody had any idea what it really meant before, now they do. So ask it again, if Leave wins then there can be no further argument.

Although what would probably happen is Remain would win 52/48 and then we really would be back to square one again.

So what would happen next given this sequence:

2016 referendum - Leave the EU - Yes/No? - YES
2019 referendum - Leave the EU on the known terms (May's deal) - Yes/No? - NO

As you, and others, seem to be suggesting that if the "People's Vote" returned a 'NO' then that's that - we're staying put.

There's an equally valid argument that the logical next step would be to renegotiate the terms and then do a referendum again.

Don't get me wrong, I voted remain and I still hold that view, but I just can't see a People's Vote as the solution to this if people think that if if returned a 'NO' then that means the end of the entire thing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let the killing begin. Convinced that's the only answer and we haven't had a civil war for centuries so how about one?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Over three million now.

Hang on a minute, someone on 4chan has said they have voted 5 million time using a quantum computer and the boy band script, so the actual amount is minus 2 million votes.

It doesn't make much sense but someone on 4chan said it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent. Another sore loser that cannot admit that they LOST and that someone who voted FOR Brexit KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY VOTED FOR =LEAVE THE EU.

Your about as objective as a pig farmer at a vegan rally.

Conceited ass. It's twats like you and May that cannot admit that others might have known what they want when they voted.

But would you (they) accept Cobyn's version of leave? It seems the only likely outcome from parliament - unless we end up with no deal.

It just seems to me that keeping a customs union is much the same as remaining, but we lose our voting rights. Why would anyone want that?

If I had voted leave, I'm sure that the no deal option would have been what I'd expect, but currently we can't be sure that it is what was voted for.

I've no idea how a new referendum would be able to put the question succinctly enough for any conclusions to be drawn. It really needs the count-back of providing all options and every voter placing them in order of preference. However, we don't actually know if some of those options could be delivered! It's little wonder that we still don't know what the final outcome will look like.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
To which I would say it is a very different question that is being asked now. Nobody had any idea what it really meant before, now they do. So ask it again, if Leave wins then there can be no further argument.

Although what would probably happen is Remain would win 52/48 and then we really would be back to square one again.

Leave has already won mate. Get over it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
remain bots.png

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So what would happen next given this sequence:

2016 referendum - Leave the EU - Yes/No? - YES
2019 referendum - Leave the EU on the known terms (May's deal) - Yes/No? - NO

As you, and others, seem to be suggesting that if the "People's Vote" returned a 'NO' then that's that - we're staying put.

There's an equally valid argument that the logical next step would be to renegotiate the terms and then do a referendum again.

Don't get me wrong, I voted remain and I still hold that view, but I just can't see a People's Vote as the solution to this if people think that if if returned a 'NO' then that means the end of the entire thing.

I really don't know. I voted Remain but I wouldn't say I'm a staunch Remainer, I agree with some of the arguments for leaving.

I was anti a 2nd referendum (People's Vote is such an arrogant name- as if the 'people' didn't vote before) until recently, I felt we should just get on with leaving, but I think so much has changed since the original one, and the average man on the street now has so much more knowledge about what it would actually look like, that it seems strange not to ask the question again and just plough on with the result of an ill-informed referendum.

I almost feel like the best thing that could happen would be a 2nd referendum and a resounding win for Leave. That would be the end of the argument and everyone would have to agree it's time to get on with sorting it out. I think that's unlikely though, which is why the Leavers are so scared of it happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here