Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Totally different a GE is every 5 or less years the vote to leave or remain in the EU was a 1 off vote as was the vote to join it in the first place. No similarity at all.

Ask yourself WHY we vote every 5 years.

Surely nobody changes what they vote for from one GE to another? Even if it’s just to reaffirm your opinion hasn’t changed, why is it so different?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The leaders we get, we deserve IMG_20190312_202921.JPG

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm pretty sure even THESE politicians aren't capable of that outcome.

The main question now is:-

Will the EU allow us to extend Article 50? - It's not our decision they have to allow it unanimously.
&
For how long? - The Euro elections at the end of May would suggest id the answer is 'yes' it won't be for very long.

We could always revoke Article 50 given we can do this on our own

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wrong decision, mate. I understand the principal behind your thinking, but all that will do is let the cheats and liars and shysters who have fought Brexit every step of the way to have their own selfish way. You're right, they're shouldn't be another referendum - we've had one and the result should have been respected by our so-called democratic Parliament - but they'll probably have one to try and legitimise their actions.

So, if you voted leave, vote leave - again and again and again if necessary - and get any friends or relatives you know who didn't bother voting leave last time because they didn't think we had a prayer - get them out to vote too. Let's win another referendum - if they have one - and hammer it into the heads of those self-satisfied, think-they-know-better shysters that leave doesn't mean fanny around with it and hope it goes away.

Tell me and the rest of this board how Brexit is going to work.

If we leave with No Deal in 17 days time tell me how that is going to work and how the country isn't going to die on its arse. I know how Remain will work,and how business, travel, medicine, policing and stuff will continue. You tell me how Brexit is going to work and take some responsibility for the views you hold and the position you've espoused for the last 3 years.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But they lost, so why do they get another vote? Democracy is democracy.

Because the government didn't promise to enact the result of the first vote? A decision endorsed by parliament and the electorate in another vote in 2017 ... how many votes do you need before you accept democracy?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope that the NSC vote is legally binding and there has been no spurious Russian funding through the back door, like a certain other poll?

The NCA are watching.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because the government didn't promise to enact the result of the first vote? A decision endorsed by parliament and the electorate in another vote in 2017 ... how many votes do you need before you accept democracy?

Whoosh. Oh, the irony.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's got to the point where I can't even be arsed to find a straw clutching jpeg :shrug:

Ah yes I remember you were one of the people who got a tad overexcited, which is surprising ... shirley your crystal ball told you that the government would bring the deal back for at least one more vote :p

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Someone posted eloquently on this a while ago. If you promised to buy a house two years ago on the strength of how it was described by the seller, but without having inspected it yourself, then when you went to see it the house was not what was described, and was falling apart, would you say 'oh well, a promise is a promise'?

That would be completely mindfugglingly idiotic.
Apologies, I don't see how that moves us forward. Are you saying void the referendum due to the bus and we can all go back to sewing daisies into each others' hair and forget the whole thing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't it about time the Queen said:-

"F**k this shit, we're staying with my homeland"

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So currently 79 remain and 29 leave, (on the highly representative of the nation NSC)

No wonder the leavers are so clearly terrified of a 2nd referendum.

It will be interesting the calculated ferocity of the tabloids tomorrow

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So currently 79 remain and 29 leave, (on the highly representative of the nation NSC)

No wonder the leavers are so clearly terrified of a 2nd referendum.

It will be interesting the calculated ferocity of the tabloids tomorrow

Do the survey in Worthing Golf Club or a Working Man's Club in Stoke and you'll get the same answer in reverse. This country is polarised and f*cked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here