Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm not any of those:dunce: but thanks for painting a picture
regards
DR

.... and there's me thinking you were.... a Leave Supporter and I was writing a post on a thread rather than painting a picture.

Your comments are not as unambiguous as your initials.....

Would a picture help you with your understanding?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not a moderator. There have been time when DR has been banned and also from this thread. If you see a post that is offensive, use the Report system.

Thanks. I thought with your sensible input you were a shoo-in. I'd vote for you.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
As for the Fairy, I think we can all agree, it's time the DR thing was banned from his signature. We all know what it means. I don't mind being offended, but I don't think, with any standard or value, it should be allowed in discourse. Given the national events of today it brings this home.

What say the MODS ? [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

The DR unit part of the Waffen SS were responsible for countless atrocities, and even the murder of allied troops involved in the liberation of Europe.

Lest we forget the sacrifice of many people to put an end to such brutality.

Two of the many heinous actions these units were involved in.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/the-malmedy-massacre?parent=en/10811

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

1 minute 40 in is Robert Herabas one of only 6 survivors on that fateful day, he has worked tirelessly all his life to ensure people do not forget.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C1D2903970AFFDC0581DC1D2903970AF&&FORM=VRDGAR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This thread is getting toxic. Me, a reluctant remainer who spends much time attacking ridiculous swipes at leavers intellects. Folk have views to be considered on both sides.

As for the Fairy, I think we can all agree, it's time the DR thing was banned from his signature. We all know what it means. I don't mind being offended, but I don't think, with any standard or value, it should be allowed in discourse. Given the national events of today it brings this home.

What say the MODS ? [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

Thunder Bolt isn’t a mod.

This thread has been toxic for months. If you don’t want to inhale the toxicity then don’t open or contribute to it. Don’t think it isn’t regularly discussed.

Reporting individual posts that break the site rules is the way to go. But they have to be the site rules and not your own personal politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But at what point do you stop, review what's happening and question what is going on currently (3 years into this complete clusterf*** and before we have even made a decision on what type of Brexit we want) and think maybe what I have been told isn't correct and what is this doing to our country currently ?

Last 24 hrs news

Brexit: Rory Stewart accuses Conservative rivals of 'misleading' voters on prospect of new deal

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/brexit-latest-rory-stewart-deal-conservative-vote-boris-johnson-misleading-a8945156.html

Fears for 1,700 jobs as Ford set to close Bridgend plant

https://news.sky.com/story/fears-for-fords-bridgend-plant-as-car-giant-calls-meeting-with-union-leaders-11735694

UK economy near stagnation due to Brexit, weak global demand - PMI

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0605/1053579-uk-economy-near-stagnation-pmi/

Add to that Dominic Raab being put back in his box by John Bercow....

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/joh...ic-raab-parliament-suspended-tory-leadership/

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
[MENTION=481]Voroshilov[/MENTION] a Russian General who ordered the murder of Polish officers ask him about his user name:dunce: usual bed wetters wetting themselves
regards
DR

To post today with that sign off just shows what a c*** you are and I use that word very very rarely.

A stupid c***, but a c*** all the same. Do you have any idea what happened 75 years ago?

I don't think you do, you sad stupid pathetic c***

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

This thread has been toxic for months. If you don’t want to inhale the toxicity then don’t open or contribute to it. Don’t think it isn’t regularly discussed.

Reporting individual posts that break the site rules is the way to go. But they have to be the site rules and not your own personal politics.

I have reported a specific post today, and already told BL I'm not a mod.
Yes, I expect some toxicity, but there are some posts which step over the line, so the subject matter shouldn't come into it. Politics is a difficult discussion, but should still be moderated.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mmmmmm......

Das Reich (German: The Reich) was a weekly newspaper founded by Joseph Goebbels, the propaganda minister of Nazi Germany, in May 1940.

Identifying one's self with German Nazi-ism has nothing to do with politics. It is about taste. In parts of Europe, including German, it would be illegal. This is a football forum and constant glorification of Nazi-ism every time he posts is beyond pathetic. He has been the biggest useless cretin on NSC in all the years I have been reading it. Nothing ever written of any relevance to the Albion. Just constant Das Reich. Das Reich. Das Reich.

This is taking the piss on a monumental scale. Personally I am not bothered about Das Reich as I have it on ignore, but I can see it is winding up far too many other nice friendly NSC users that I hold in high regard.

I posted a link to a track illustrating bad taste a while ago. The track was by anal c***. A mod quickly removed the link to the track. Fair enough. Yet Das Reich is allowed to sign off DR every time he posts.

I have felt like asking this a long time ago - what the actual ****? Why is this tolerated?

What if I register as Dead Maddy, get asked to change my user name on the grounds of taste, select pretty pink fartarse and sign off ALL my posts (none with anything whasoever to to with the Albion) as DM? Well? ???

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014

The thread being toxic is not a complaint but an observation mate. I'm aware of what to expect and that's why I spend less time looking.

It's the actual question to Mod Towers I'm more looking for an answer to (as indeed are others).

TB has mentioned that he/she is not a mod although I feel would make a good one (although unwilling).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So you are saying that NSC endorses Nazi views? That is pretty ****ing disgusting which ever way you try and spin it.

No he isn't saying that. He's saying report individual posts using the triangle in the bottom left corner

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pff, seeing as today is the anniversary of the Normandy landings and given the exception people have taken to your use of DR as a sign off could I respectfully ask that as a mark of respect to both the day and other users that you choose today to stop using that sign off?

Thanks in advance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So you are saying that NSC endorses Nazi views? That is pretty ****ing disgusting which ever way you try and spin it.

No you’re saying that. As usual reading your own views in to a statement of fact.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This thread was only ever going to end up toxic because there is no middle ground.

In the light of my interpretation of the referendum being a choice or change or no change, I think some of the stick some of the brexiteers have taken has been a little unfair. That said, it looks very likely that the UK will be worse off than remaining so the brexiteers' resolve subsequently hardening seems more of principle than assessment and that seems short sighted to me.

Its a fukken mess with no sign of a happy resolution on the horizon. Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here