Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All could have been avoided if identity cards had been followed through by the con/lib government following labours defeat in 2010, the legislation was in place, cards had begun to be issued ( even though on a voluntary basis at that time) but one of the first things that unholy alliance did was to completely scrap the plan. Brilliant work by Clegg and Cameron, proof of entitlement could/would have solved a lot of the immigration problems and subsequently we may never have got to this clusterf**k

ID cards wouldn't have solved any issues at all - they would have just made even more of your data available to government agencies. The cost was utterly stupid - it went up by nearly £1bn in just six months. The IT systems to administer it barely worked. To top it all off we would ALL have had to paid £93 each to have one of these white elephant cards. I can already prove my identity - I don't need an additional card to do so thank you. But if you have £93 to easily available to waste may I suggest donating it to charity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ID cards wouldn't have solved any issues at all - they would have just made even more of your data available to government agencies. The cost was utterly stupid - it went up by nearly £1bn in just six months. The IT systems to administer it barely worked. To top it all off we would ALL have had to paid £93 each to have one of these white elephant cards. I can already prove my identity - I don't need an additional card to do so thank you. But if you have £93 to easily available to waste may I suggest donating it to charity.

Link?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

What on earth! The discussion was revolving around immigration and ultimately its part played in this clusterf**k Brexit which you have yearned after for so long on here, my point was that I. D. Cards could have helped in identifying those entitled to health services, benefits, jobs, residency, work, and any number of other things which could have helped our people who no matter what you say, found immigration as the reason to leave the EU easier to control. You go off on a tangent of civil liberties and financial aspects when it would/could have been much cheaper to introduce had it been made into law and subsequently with everyone being issued one at birth and updated through life. Do you complain about passport/ drivers licence charges ? Everything has to start somewhere, with your attitude it's no wonder we are where we are now. Good day to you.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What on earth! The discussion was revolving around immigration and ultimately its part played in this clusterf**k Brexit which you have yearned after for so long on here, my point was that I. D. Cards could have helped in identifying those entitled to health services, benefits, jobs, residency, work, and any number of other things which could have helped our people who no matter what you say, found immigration as the reason to leave the EU easier to control. You go off on a tangent of civil liberties and financial aspects when it would/could have been much cheaper to introduce had it been made into law and subsequently with everyone being issued one at birth and updated through life. Do you complain about passport/ drivers licence charges ? Everything has to start somewhere, with your attitude it's no wonder we are where we are now. Good day to you.

You're post suggested ID cards would solve the problem they wouldn't. For example, when you take a job you already have to prove you have the right to work here so an ID would have been pointless for that.

As for passport and driving licence costs - I choose if I wish to have those documents by choosing if I wish to travel or drive - they are not forced upon me. ID cards were due to be forced on everyone and were to be paid for by the individual.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You're post suggested ID cards would solve the problem they wouldn't. For example, when you take a job you already have to prove you have the right to work here so an ID would have been pointless for that.

As for passport and driving licence costs - I choose if I wish to have those documents by choosing if I wish to travel or drive - they are not forced upon me. ID cards were due to be forced on everyone and were to be paid for by the individual.

My point was entitlement and identifying this, as for charges once the system had been introduced, my expectation would have been for the costs to be swallowed by the exchequer (us) as they would be a national identification system. My opinion is they would have taken out one of the critical reasons people voted the way they did! But then again would that have sat well with the opponents of our membership of the EU ? Not having an image of a dusky skinned immigrants all queuing to enter our green and pleasant land with none of them carrying I.D. Cards?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wtf? You are a blithering idiot though, going by that post! Definitely been out in the sun...

No, I just was taking the piss - not exactly difficult to do with people who think Brexit is still a good idea, but it's important to have gallows humour whilst watching this country fall apart and become the international embarrassment it now is.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
No, I just was taking the piss - not exactly difficult to do with people who think Brexit is still a good idea, but it's important to have gallows humour whilst watching this country fall apart and become the international embarrassment it now is.

Such an international embarressment that the US shared intelligence with us about an oil tanker which British forces then stormed to protect EU sanctions. Yep, I'm sure both those parties find the UK an embarressment. You really do over egg the pudding sometimes.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We don't know so can you tell us please ? Or are the finer details hidden behind a pay wall and only the immediate headlines inferring good news is as usual and when the details are scrutinised the good news is not so much?

On all the news last night. Good news hurt you does it. Spending billions to build the new generation electric cars here in the UK. Unlike the Japanese who are moving all their production back home to safeguard jobs there. As also Ford are cutting 12k jobs in Germany to safeguard jobs in America and so it goes on

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Such an international embarressment that the US shared intelligence with us about an oil tanker which British forces then stormed to protect EU sanctions. Yep, I'm sure both those parties find the UK an embarressment. You really do over egg the pudding sometimes.

Oh great! The US continued to share intelligence with us! Rule Brittania! Lets have a street party because Brexit Britian is booming.

You're never going to see this Brexit embarrassment for what it is, because you voted for it and you're now really fortunate enough to have people like Nigel Farage and Ann Widdecombe representing you and you can identify with them. It's just a lot of people in The UK and abroad can't as it's a national embarrassment. The country has been hijacked by English gammon, nostalgic, regressive saddos.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
https://twitter.com/ritapanahi/status/1147044302184259586?s=12
Still think the eu is a good idea what that lot running it? Failed this. Failed that.

It's not perfect, but we're better off in. If/when we leave we'll still be dealing with it and following it's rules like a nodding dog with no say, it's just no deal believers like you don't realise it yet because you've heard Brexit backing politicians with posh English accents say something you like the sound of but don;t understand anymore than they do and the pup has been sold.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Oh great! The US continued to share intelligence with us! Rule Brittania! Lets have a street party because Brexit Britian is booming.

You're never going to see this Brexit embarrassment for what it is, because you voted for it and you're now really fortunate enough to have people like Nigel Farage and Ann Widdecombe representing you and you can identify with them. It's just a lot of people in The UK and abroad can't as it's a national embarrassment. The country has been hijacked by English gammon, nostalgic, regressive saddos.

So go on then - which of our international partners has stated they are embarressed of us ? Must be some links to is somewhere that you can provide ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're sounding a bit green if you think I'm going to be intimidated on an internet forum:wave:
regards
DR

So, despite all this LEAVE means LEAVE bullshit, even you don't actually believe we are leaving on Oct 31st :facepalm:

Let's try another then. Who do you think will best protect your benefits, Johnson or Hunt ???

Jan 30, 2008

Why dont you leave the country and let others get on with their lives # Believe in Britain
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here