Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On this one I'm going for the stupidity explanation rather than the conspiracy one. I watched the press conference and when the question on the NHS was directed at Trump you could tell he was (as per) disarmingly under-briefed and just answered off the top of his head.

Of course I'm not saying that he won't want to get his grubby hands on the NHS, it's just that he didn't really understand the question. Had he been briefed he'd have at least pretended (i.e. lied). I think the world has yet to fully grasp that in many ways he has the brain of a 5 year old with his own private world. He is staggeringly ignorant: I suspect he doesn't know what the initials NHS stand for, yet alone the values which underpin it or the attachment of the British people to these. And he wouldn't care even if he did.

You may be correct, in which case the most important thing Theresa May could have done in her final act as Shit Prime Minister is to convey to Trump how important the NHS is to the British people.

Watching the footage of the press conference you could be forgiven for thinking the NHS had never even come up in their joint meetings when - in reality - it should be at the top of the UK's agenda re any future trade deal with the USA. If the USA thinks everything is up for grabs - including the NHS - then the Tory Party is dead in the water.

I found it quite chilling to watch him say those words while our moribund MP stood meekly by. I'm no fan of Corbyn but I don't think he - or any Labour PM for that matter - would have allowed Trump to be in a position to have made the reply that he did.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The ERG’s new paper shown up to be a load of fanciful ****ing nonsense. What a ****ing shock. Laying the groundwork for a less ridiculous Johnson plan to be presented. Scheming little *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I largely agree. It will be interesting to see how hard the same effect hits Labour as well. If the EU election pattern solidifies, then we may have Farage instead of Boris as PM.

Don't be so daft, Farridge as PM, haha, That man has not one scrupulous cell in his body, he has spent his entire political life pissing into the tent and whenever he has been called to act on his convictions he has either ran away (2016 referendum result) or not turned up, unless to cause unrest and trouble as an MEP, talk about shit or get off the pot eh ? That charlatan would be off like the proverbial long dog the minute there were any real responsibility to be had. His whole purpose is to rabble rouse, which if anyone who is gullible enough to believe in him would soon discover, unless, blinded by their desire to attain his desired utopian destination. Farridge ? you are having a laugh.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Brexit Party candidate for Peterboro sounds like another "man of the people"...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...andidate-under-fire-for-freehold-profiteering

Good article.

People who register their names multiple times but differently on Companies House are always up to no good:

“He is registered at Companies House under the name Michael Thomas Greene as a director of 11 trading firms. Under another name, Mike Greene, he is registered as a former director of E&J Ground Rents No4 llp. Examination of signatures on company documents appear to confirm they are the same person.”

What a horrid ****!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't be so daft, Farridge as PM, haha, That man has not one scrupulous cell in his body, he has spent his entire political life pissing into the tent and whenever he has been called to act on his convictions he has either ran away (2016 referendum result) or not turned up, unless to cause unrest and trouble as an MEP, talk about shit or get off the pot eh ? That charlatan would be off like the proverbial long dog the minute there were any real responsibility to be had. His whole purpose is to rabble rouse, which if anyone who is gullible enough to believe in him would soon discover, unless, blinded by their desire to attain his desired utopian destination. Farridge ? you are having a laugh.

You are probably right. I mean, just think, imagine the Americans electing someone idiotic, for instance Donald Trump? Nah it'd never happen.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You are probably right. I mean, just think, imagine the Americans electing someone idiotic, for instance Donald Trump? Nah it'd never happen.

If we are being honest here there really is no "probably" about it is there ? As for the American electorate, you really couldn't make it up could you ! Any half decent democratic candidate who could have stood up to and faced down the innuendo, misconceptions and half truths in what really was the ultimate dirty campaign would have probably won their presidential election ! There are so many similarities between that campaign and our referendum isn't there ? Almost as if both were designed by the same people ? Weird eh ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can you reveal what DR stands for?

There is no need for him to do so. Before the mods changed his name to Pretty pink fairy he posted on here as DAS REICH (and it was in capitals) for years.

Incredible really, and to my mind he should have been banned rather than given a supposedly humiliating username.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good article.

People who register their names multiple times but differently on Companies House are always up to no good:

“He is registered at Companies House under the name Michael Thomas Greene as a director of 11 trading firms. Under another name, Mike Greene, he is registered as a former director of E&J Ground Rents No4 llp. Examination of signatures on company documents appear to confirm they are the same person.”

What a horrid ****!

Greene was also a business partner of Greybull Capital, the private equity group which let British Steel collapse into administration a couple of weeks ago

Ticks all the right boxes. I'm sure he'll make a great MP

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It's all here - http://www.politeia.co.uk/how-to-le...il&utm_term=0_10959edeb5-0b0806e5b8-189695053

No back stop, no £39 Billion, a transition period without ECJ jurisdiction, before a nice FTA with The EU and if they won't do that we'll just grass them up to The WTO

Thanks. Must admit I've never heard of this outfit. The names (Redwood, Minford etc) sound familiar and looks like much of the stuff they publish is recycled. It reinforces the idea that the hard core of 'thought leadership' on the Brexit side consists of a VERY small number of 'the usual suspects' and that they play variations of the same theme (over and over again). Mixing the metaphors don't think we can look in that direction for much other than warmed up left-overs of a rather tasteless and hard-to-digest meal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you're in denial again , give a LEWES ESTATE AGENT A CALL , MAKE SURE YOUR SITTING DOWN WHEN YOU DO IT :wave:
regards
DR

Read my post again. Newhaven isn't Lewes. The Lewes constituency doesn't comprise of Lewes alone.
Sorry if I've used words of more than one syllable.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

The only thing that binds the Brexit Party together is its shared love of Brexit. They have no other policies, and because the members are drawn from all ends of the political spectrum, they actively disagree with one another on most other things. If they start campaigning on real domestic issues that matter in the UK in a General Election, the cracks would soon appear. And if the UK public is stupid enough to vote for that shower of sh1t in a GE and Farage becomes PM, then the country will deserve every ounce of the ensuing chaos foisted upon it.

D

Deleted member 22389

Who are the mods here? They really need to stop that. Either that or one has to conclude that they condone this viewpoint. In which case I will be no part of a community which endorses this.

Yes where are the mods. Your all as bad as each other.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes where are the mods. Your all as bad as each other.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss about Ppf. I think he is probably an aging unfit closet racist who spends his whole time trying to re-live his teenage years through some rose tinted specs whilst fuming about how everyone else has done better than him and the state hasn't given what he deserved and was entitled to.

But, out of interest, who's user name do you think is as bad as the one he chose before it was changed ?

*edit* Looks like another 24 hr delay on my campaign

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

D

Deleted member 22389

Personally, I couldn't give a toss about Ppf. I think he is probably an aging unfit closet racist who spends his whole time trying to re-live his teenage years through some rose tinted specs whilst fuming about how everyone else has done better than him and the state hasn't given what he deserved and was entitled to.

But, out of interest, who's user name do you think is as bad as the one he chose before it was changed ?

*edit* Looks like another 24 hr delay on my campaign

It's not even about the username. I just think it's pretty rich asking the mods to sort things out now, when Leavers have been called all sorts of names for years, that's all.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Full of the same types, no wonder house prices averaging 420K in the town , DFL types dont you just love them , driving local residents out of the town over the last 30 years

Supply and demand dear boy ! If residents make their area a desirable place to reside it follows that increases in value of property rise ? . The answer is to get on the property ladder as soon as one is able, sometimes sacrifices have to be made to this end, i.e. I personally had to work 4 (four) jobs to ensure I could afford to purchase my home at 15.5% interest rates, ( early morning cleaning, work all day at my day job including any overtime I could get Saturdays etc. evening cleaning and three sessions a week working behind a bar) of course this is not for everybody, some just cannot ever afford this ever or unable to get other jobs, which is where social housing should be available to those people with an affordable rent to pay not these unrealistic rents being charged by these latter day usurers who buy up the cheaper properties and charge extortionate rents to make their fortunes instead of interest on their capital whilst they are at record lows. With more social housing there would be opportunities to go on waiting lists to reside where you live or exchange facilities for those already in such housing, but of course the Tory heroine thought it would be rather fun to sell these off for short term gain and in effect long term misery for a lot of our fellow citizens, now the same ilk are championing your Brexit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's not even about the username. I just think it's pretty rich asking the mods to sort things out now, when Leavers have been called all sorts of names for years, that's all.

What's that got to do with what is being discussed ?

They were talking about usernames and you said that they were all as bad as one another. And I really can't be arsed, but having been a 'regular' poster on here for some time, I am sure that the number of posts from Leavers claiming they have been abused are far greater than the original ones abusing them.

Remoaners, Squealing Pigs, undemocratic loons. My particular favourite, which has happened a few times, is when I have to re-explain something to a Brexiteer a number of times in increasingly simple terms until the penny finally drops, and then I get called 'a condescending prick'.

I would suggest that if you find these upsetting, maybe stay off the thread :shrug:

So, anyway, back to Users setting up accounts with racist Usernames

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here