Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not in the slighest. The Lib Dems have as much chance of forming the next government as I have to be selected to play this weekend for the Albion and waking up Sunday morning with Kelly Brook in my bed. They would have a whiff of chance at being part of a coalition but of course they've already said they won't do that ...... but this is the Lib Dems we're talking about who are a well known bunch of liars.

... well at least you have revealed that you are an extreme Brexit Supporter, rather than a more balanced one....

Jan 30, 2008
... well at least you have revealed that you are an extreme Brexit Supporter, rather than a more balanced one....

There's nothing extreme in his post , you just don't like facing up to the truth, do you vote lib dem and are you ready for Brexit ??
Regards
DT

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
T.May decided to totally ignore half the referendum voters and it has been 3 years of disaster because of it.

It seems the Lib Dems have learnt nothing from this and decided to ignore half the referendum voters.

Winner takes all - totally vanquishing half of the electorate - does not work.

Now, what happens when we need to next change a European Treaty ?

.... we have to have a referendum on it by law. So all the pain starts up again.

We need to leave - but only with an EFTA + EEA access deal.

It's interesting to see how this option - which looked to many to be a reasonable compromise and to represent the balance of votes in the referendum quite well - has been almost totally forgotten. Was this because May's 'leave mean leave' bollox or the subsequent successful tactics of the ERG nutters who would portray this as akin to treachery? Or is it just too bloody reasonable to align with the nation's apparent lust for self-destruction and division?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
There's nothing extreme in his post , you just don't like facing up to the truth, do you vote lib dem and are you ready for Brexit ??
Regards
DT

You make yet another daft comment Dirty Troll; read the posts or get someone else to read them to you if you are struggling......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think we can all agree that all of the major UK political parties are invested with liers.

Politicians have always lied, but we're in a different place now. Our PM is a serial liar, he's gone with the Cummins / Bannon model.

My fear is we will have to hit rock bottom before things turn, just look at what has happened to Turkey. Nationalism and populism always ends badly...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why is it Daft , calling people names Doesn't get you anywhere Timmy ,are you a lib dem voter and you ready for Brexit ??
Regards
DT

....Okay, ask someone else to read the posts to you and explain them as well.
Sorry, but no one else can understand them for you.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
4 pages till 10,000. Who is top of the league for posts on this thread?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Do behave.
He is repeating the same old empire stuff he has been banging on about for ages.
Its ridiculous for you to pretend you have never heard him spout it.

"The same with defence. Let's create a European defence union, let's take on our responsibilities... Let's become an empire, an empire of the good and not of the bad."
Guy Verhofstatdt

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/guy-verho...good-opposition-donald-trumps-america-1593862

Those of us who have served, know that we've worked with Europe and NATO, for decades. I know Wrens who have a NATO medal for being in Naples during the Balkans war, using an air base in Brindisi.
NATO has a base in Brussels called SHAPE, and we have exchange drafts all over Europe. In June, I was in Brest for the commemoration of the Mers-El-Kebir Association, talking to a serving RN officer based there, whilst his counterpart is in Portsmouth. We have troops peacekeeping in Ukraine now.

D

Deleted member 2719

You will find I have said that not all leavers are.

Nope, you haven't convinced me.

I have decided to clean up NSC Brexit thread on my own because of the regular insults being thrown by the vast majority of remain voters on this thread and the MODS obviously are happy to see cyberbullying.

I can handle it but some might not.

So my policy is not to converse with a poster who insults people all the time, in real life, it would happen or I would square it. So squaring it on here means no communication.

It's not a hissy fit like some poster have done by using the ignore feature.

I can still see you all. :wave:

#Respectyourfellowposter

The best bit of advice I can offer is to stop wasting time by reading out of date documents and start to prepare yourself if you're worried.

It really isn't about being scared. It's about the simple maths of 46% of our exports and 54% of our imports being with the EU, a huge chunk of that becoming commercially unviable overnight with No Deal and the immediate knock-on effect that will have for the UK economy, law and order.

Dicks scared :rolleyes:

There was disruption when we left the Goldstone, we survived and got stronger.

It's really important to view the bigger picture, it's about being prepared individually as you would if you knew a storm was coming, quite often the fence panels stay up and some people live without fence panels until that becomes a priority and of course having a positive mindset.

Okay. Now let’s put some substance to your words. Uk efficiency has always intrigued me. Given the U.K. has very very low productivity, and has famously done so for some time, what’s going to change to improve this?

You may have time for me to give this an answer, I haven't!

Just trust the British we will adapt.

Another bad day for Boris.....

Not really it actually looked good on him as for those protestors they just helped his poll ratings.

What a crock of shit.

You total bellend.

Hope this makes you feel good, you're on the list anyway.

My Dad would have been 99 had he lived. I know two men who served with him in the Navy and they think being in the EU is the best thing foe peace in Europe. Their oppos died for that peace and unity.
If we were dealing with the Arabs on this yeah anything can happen, we come a long way since then and this really isn't going to war, after all, they are making NO movements to help prevent us from leaving, it's in their hands also.

a, who would not " go soft" after ten years of austerity for the many.

b, 5th biggest economy ? where does all the money go then ? certainly not on education, roads, health , transport... I could go on.

A) 10 years of austerity should have toughened you up!
B) We could debate austerity until the cows come home, I don't have that time I would rather prepare for Brexit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Lib Dems have as much chance of forming the next government as I have to be selected to play this weekend for the Albion and waking up Sunday morning with Kelly Brook in my bed.

Very misleading comment. We have no idea about your relationship with Ms Brook. You could be clumsily and enthusiastically bedding her morning, night and noon for all we know. But you’re right if you are indicating they have no chance of winning.

They would have a whiff of chance at being part of a coalition

More than a whiff one would have thought. They are targeting 50+ Tory marginals. The Bojo effect should see them win plenty of Tory seats quite easily.

but of course they've already said they won't do that ...... but this is the Lib Dems we're talking about who are a well known bunch of liars.

Of course they’d say that. A party never ever declares it’ll go into coalition prior to an election result. They’d be in No.10 with Labour quicker than you could say ‘Brexit’s Dead’ if the figures are there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course they’d say that. A party never ever declares it’ll go into coalition prior to an election result. They’d be in No.10 with Labour quicker than you could say ‘Brexit’s Dead’ if the figures are there.
You know I don't think they would. They got badly burned after going into government with the Tories last time - it is unbelievable that they carried the can for absolutely everything that went wrong, but that's the way things work in the UK. The Tories are backed by a massive media machine who have convinced a huge rump of working class Britain that they've got their back whereas the Lib Dems haven't. It is compounded because Labour continue the perpetual Tory grip of power by blaming the Lib Dems too, because FPTP suits them: when the Tories are finally unpopular, they get in by default.

My guess is that if the Lib Dems end up holding the balance of power, they'll prop up a government of confidence and supply based on whichever one is more pro-remain.

[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION], this idea that the Lib Dems are a "well known bunch of liars". How the hell are they anywhere near as bad as the two big parties? BoZo progrogued parliament to get his own way - that alone trumps anything any other government (including past Tory ones) has ever done, ever. It is absolutely dispicable. Then of course there is your hero Nigel Farage who has a proper track record of lying on his own, never mind his party. I like how he famously said if the referendum was 52-48 it was unfinished business, but now that this completely unpalatable form of Brexit is being imposed on parliament, anyone who disagrees is a traitor.

Or how about Michael Gove who said pre-referendum “There is a free trade zone stretching from Iceland to Turkey that all European nations have access to, regardless of whether they are in or out of the euro or EU. After we vote to leave we will remain in this zone".

You've got a cheek talking as if the Lib Dems hold the monopoly on lies. They're nowhere near as bad as some of these leave tossers.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Nope, you haven't convinced me.

I have decided to clean up NSC Brexit thread on my own
because of the regular insults being thrown by the vast majority of remain voters on this thread and the MODS obviously are happy to see cyberbullying.

I can handle it but some might not.

So my policy is not to converse with a poster who insults people all the time, in real life, it would happen or I would square it. So squaring it on here means no communication.

It's not a hissy fit like some poster have done by using the ignore feature.

I can still see you all. :wave:

#Respectyourfellowposter

The best bit of advice I can offer is to stop wasting time by reading out of date documents and start to prepare yourself if you're worried.

Dicks scared :rolleyes:

There was disruption when we left the Goldstone, we survived and got stronger.

It's really important to view the bigger picture, it's about being prepared individually as you would if you knew a storm was coming, quite often the fence panels stay up and some people live without fence panels until that becomes a priority and of course having a positive mindset.

You may have time for me to give this an answer, I haven't!

Just trust the British we will adapt.

Not really it actually looked good on him as for those protestors they just helped his poll ratings.

Hope this makes you feel good, you're on the list anyway.

If we were dealing with the Arabs on this yeah anything can happen, we come a long way since then and this really isn't going to war, after all, they are making NO movements to help prevent us from leaving, it's in their hands also.

A) 10 years of austerity should have toughened you up!
B) We could debate austerity until the cows come home, I don't have that time I would rather prepare for Brexit.

You seem determined to try and seize the moral high ground Mouldy, but as usual you are on dodgy ground. After all, you have done some rather silly name calling yourself...... The rest of your post is the usual poor logic mixed with the occasional veiled/menacing comment. For instance what should we feel about being 'on your list'? That's just daft......

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
10 years of austerity should have toughened you up!

This is the last post I'll make in this thread as it's gone the distance innit.

Even if you're trolling that's an awful thing to say. People have died because of austerity. People have been put on to the streets because of it.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is the last post I'll make in this thread as it's gone the distance innit.

Even if you're trolling that's an awful thing to say. People have died because of austerity. People have been put on to the streets because of it.

As usual he hasn't really thought it through properly......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My guess is that if the Lib Dems end up holding the balance of power, they'll prop up a government of confidence and supply based on whichever one is more pro-remain.

full coalition would be a daft position for them to take. current polling would suggest a Labour-SNP-Liberal pact being the only viable alternative, and cant see the SNP wanting to get too close either. that group would certainly be looking to revoke.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You seem determined to try and seize the moral high ground Mouldy, but as usual you are on dodgy ground. After all, you have done some rather silly name calling yourself...... The rest of your post is the usual poor logic mixed with the occasional veiled menacing comment. For instance what should we feel about being 'on your list'? That's just daft......

Very much this. A large amount of the name calling stems from from frustration that most leavers on here really don't feel the need to engage by answering remainer concerns anything like sensibly. This stuff from Mouldy is, yet again, pure drivel from start to finish - he basically posts ad finitum like we should all toughen up and all that crap. Is that really his best argument?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here