Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Nige has got 5 more seats than last time, so everything will definitely change, he won't be beaten by a man in a dolphin suit again.

giphy.gif

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Again, if you support a party run by a racist what does that make you?

Its this kind of childish name calling that stops sensible discussion and keeps our country so divided. Millions of people voted Brexit & people constantly implying they are racist / thick / uneducated etc etc doesn't help bring us back together.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Its this kind of childish name calling that stops sensible discussion and keeps our country so divided. Millions of people voted Brexit & people constantly implying they are racist / thick / uneducated etc etc doesn't help bring us back together.

If you look back through this thread it's the Leavers constantly bringing up this trope. A while back I had some sympathy for the complaint, but as time has gone on I've lost any I had. Not once have I heard a Leaver condemn the attitudes and actions of other leavers. Not once have I heard a Leaver admit to there being an element of these attitudes amongst their support. Like Farage they just use it as part of the whole 'elite' bullshit.
Here on NSC one of the most prolific posters for the Leave argument goes by the name of Das Reich and posts links to Youtube channels that celebrate the KKK's David Duke. Any leavers on here ever called him out? Happy to be corrected.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I'm pretty pleased the brexit party is as low as 32%, a few weeks back was worried might be up towards 50%. Its a win, but its not resounding, and the libdems + green combined are matching them

Excellent the greens have done so well, the start of something big I hope

Surely their only hope of something big in the near future is to combine with Lib Dems with first past the post system?
Lib Dem egos won't allow it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Reading through the last few pages, the way you argue is exactly the reason remainers have got themselves in such a mess. It should have been so simple, present a reasoned argument in a calm manner rather than belittling people who maybe haven’t done much research.

Instead labelling everyone who doesn’t agree with you as thick or racist has driven a massive wedge through the middle of the country.

Yes, I take full responsibility for this entire mess. What have I done!
But fear not, I shall hand myself into the Daily Mail offices as soon as humanly possible.

“INTERNET **** CONFESSES TO DIVIDING BRITAIN. Hang him from Tower Bridge”

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely their only hope of something big in the near future is to combine with Lib Dems with first past the post system?
Lib Dem egos won't allow it?

The Greens across Europe have made gains. Their voting will combine in the European Parliament so expect more legislation like the Blue Flag scheme for cleaner beaches, which came from the EU.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you look back through this thread it's the Leavers constantly bringing up this trope. A while back I had some sympathy for the complaint, but as time has gone on I've lost any I had. Not once have I heard a Leaver condemn the attitudes and actions of other leavers. Not once have I heard a Leaver admit to there being an element of these attitudes amongst their support. Like Farage they just use it as part of the whole 'elite' bullshit.
Here on NSC one of the most prolific posters for the Leave argument goes by the name of Das Reich and posts links to Youtube channels that celebrate the KKK's David Duke. Any leavers on here ever called him out? Happy to be corrected.

I've condemned 2P a number of times on this thread.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I've condemned 2P a number of times on this thread.

I've missed that. However I'm not really surprised that you have as you usually come across as a decent type around the board.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So essentially...

Brexit Party - 33.3%
Lib Dem + Green Party - 33.4%

Brexit + UKIP - 36.8%
Lib Dem + Green + ChUK - 37%

So No Deal and Remain are basically pegging each other, and neither commands a majority. In other words, we're back where we were last week. And the week before that. And the one before that.

I remain convinced that EEA / EFTA remains the sane solution. Out, but only just out.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Yes, I take full responsibility for this entire mess. What have I done!
But fear not, I shall hand myself into the Daily Mail offices as soon as humanly possible.

“INTERNET **** CONFESSES TO DIVIDING BRITAIN. Hang him from Tower Bridge”

Add refusing to read or listen properly to anything anybody says and just come up with the same shouty argument over and over again.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So essentially...

Brexit Party - 33.3%
Lib Dem + Green Party - 33.4%

Brexit + UKIP - 36.8%
Lib Dem + Green + ChUK - 37%

So No Deal and Remain are basically pegging each other, and neither commands a majority. In other words, we're back where we were last week. And the week before that. And the one before that.

I remain convinced that EEA / EFTA remains the sane solution. Out, but only just out.

You forgot Plaid Cymru with 1% and SNP with 3.6%

And the BBC makes it currently

Brexit - 34.9%
Remain - 40.4%

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/crjeqkdevwvt/the-uks-european-elections-2019

Sorry, I've come over all Triggaaar :wink:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You cite one person. Has it never occurred to you that there are likely to be some very undesirable people who voted remain? Apart from quite a lot of old people and thick people, maybe (just as there probably are on the leave side too) there'll be a few murderers, perhaps, a few paedophiles, very likely - yet no-one goes around claiming all remainers sympathise with murderers or paedophiles. Horrible people do sometimes votes - for all parties or referendums.
I think you'll find most of us leavers haven't got your experience of KKK Youtube channels - we're not as interested as you apparently are, even if you only do it for giving you a chance to call out one leaver as racist. And from that you justify remainers continuously and repeatedly calling all leavers old, thick, racists, dismissing it as a 'trope'.
Happy to be corrected? Good. You just have been.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sorry but that's an unfair and inaccurate slur.....

Look sunshine I'm of mixed race and by far the remainers on here insult far more. Beleive me I've been called some names and still am and let it go but regularly get insulted by the crew on here

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
17.4 million is a hell of a lot of racists! Personally I grew out of throwing nasty names at people I didn't agree with at about the age of 6 or 7.

I wish you'd tell your chum the Genius. His position implies that 39 per cent of the people who voted on Thursday are extremist undemocratic loons keen on subverting natural justice and pretty much responsible for any violence that occurs if the Brexit sweeties feel they might not get their way.

And I'm pretty sure he's older than six.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
You cite one person. Has it never occurred to you that there are likely to be some very undesirable people who voted remain? Apart from quite a lot of old people and thick people, maybe (just as there probably are on the leave side too) there'll be a few murderers, perhaps, a few paedophiles, very likely - yet no-one goes around claiming all remainers sympathise with murderers or paedophiles. Horrible people do sometimes votes - for all parties or referendums.
I think you'll find most of us leavers haven't got your experience of KKK Youtube channels - we're not as interested as you apparently are, even if you only do it for giving you a chance to call out one leaver as racist. And from that you justify remainers continuously and repeatedly calling all leavers old, thick, racists, dismissing it as a 'trope'.
Happy to be corrected? Good. You just have been.

So you will not condemn and instead lamely try to suggest that remainers are all nasty people. You have just proved the point [MENTION=36111]Klaas[/MENTION] is making.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we’ll see the end of nation states soon enough. Britain exists in name only and you could argue similarly for each divided kingdom. Much that once glued us together in a common way has largely dissolved including the church, monarchy, class, political parties and even language; instead it’s replaced by a new era of multiculturism that’s still taking shape. Exciting yet terrifying IMO.

This is conspiracy theory nonsense and I expected better of a normally reasonable poster (except when it comes to cyclists :lol: ).

Britain is doing just fine. The whole irony about Brexit, however, is that it seeks to strengthen Britain's position as a nation state outside of a Federal Europe and yet, because of the way we'd structured Northern Ireland post Good Friday, Brexit existentially threatens the Union. That's been my point for a while now. I'm remain because leave is legally impossible, as we are seeing, not because of this stuff around the edge about racism and liberal elites.

As for the rest the monarchy is thriving thanks to the modern forward thinking of Diana's kids. That mental health documentary with the footballers just the latest in a series of ways that a younger and more modern monarchy is setting the tone. When The Queen finally pops her clogs the choice will be between an elderly green activist with his own organic food company or a young, modern, mentally well adjusted Prince.

I certainly don't see the church on its uppers either. Personally I find religion to be nonsense but the government is finding ever more creative ways to ensure attendence by prioritising Church and Free schools over council run ones, knowing some misguided middle class mums will pretend to pray instead of getting involved with their local failing school to improve it. The Holy See is hardly broke.

Globally we're seeing a return to nationalism all over the world as globalisation hits the world'd poorest. From right wing takeovers in Eastern Europe, to Israel, to Trump's trade war with China the world is becoming MORE isolationist, not less.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Look sunshine I'm of mixed race and by far the remainers on here insult far more. Beleive me I've been called some names and still am and let it go but regularly get insulted by the crew on here

In the context of everything I am not sure what this has to do with do anything. Are you you suggesting that being of mixed race makes it impossible for you to be racist or xenophobic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here