Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Blimey, I have upset the whole of EU, I suppose it's possible but I doubt it!!

I am sure some are sad about us going, but they should have given May a better deal, but that's water under the bridge.

At the end of the day, we will still communicate with them we just don't want to jump on them in bed, they have rejected our advances far too often and ganged up upon us within their friend's circle.

It's just Au Revoir, so they need not be saddened.

You seem to have a very feeble and simplistic view of international relations.......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
DHD was one of the last to leave that ship, apparently he suffered horrific burns from the explosions, let’s pray she will be the last British Warship to be sunk by an enemy [emoji29]

I was working at American Express during the Falklands, and one of our major centres was Buenos Aries. My supervisor told us not to deal with them until hostilities were over. We then received notice from the US, that we would deal with Buenos Aries regardless of the hostilities. Coventry was sunk that day, with my supevisors brother (who survived) on it. He went (understandably) ballistic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Nice try of getting out of what you posted but no cigar :facepalm: You were the one that posted '750 Unicorns' thus suggesting all 750 unicorns were the same ….. which somewhat follows on from other remain supporters posts ….. and it isn't true. Yet not one word from you about the 38 deals already rolled over nor that some of those 'trade arrangements' ( I'll use your phrase just to keep you happy ) that are really so small they probably aren't worth trying to rollover. Oh, and the ones left to do will absolutely not take 300 years !

750 unicorns, one for each trade arrangement that we are giving up the day we leave ? That's about one every working day for the next 3 years. I assume that even though we haven't seen anything mentioned about it, we have recruited hundreds more trained and experienced trade negotiators over the last 3 years as part of our 'no deal' preparations. Maybe we headhunted them from the EU, as they have the largest pool of experienced trade negotiators of any trading bloc :rolleyes:

Are all unicorns the same ? I would certainly bow to your expertise in this area :bowdown:

Are these not all 'trade arrangements' ? And the first mention I have ever seen of 300 years was from yourself :facepalm:

But enough of this whataboutism, back to the point of Brexit

Since you are clearly now able to answer posts, what does the 'good deal' that you want look like ? Maybe just an outline, or how it differs from TM's deal. It's just that no-one, least of all you, has been able to even hint at what this 'good deal' may cover. It's almost as if it never really existed :shrug:

I have to pop out now so you've got plenty of time to think about it :bigwave:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was working at American Express during the Falklands, and one of our major centres was Buenos Aries. My supervisor told us not to deal with them until hostilities were over. We then received notice from the US, that we would deal with Buenos Aries regardless of the hostilities. Coventry was sunk that day, with my supevisors brother (who survived) on it. He went (understandably) ballistic.

I bet he did!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No deal estimates of job losses in a no deal situation is half a million.. Cant imagine what areas they will be in, but at a guess, I would say the vociferous leaving areas.
Half a million jobs gone
Potentially the breakup of the Union
Potential return of the paramilitaries in the North of Ireland.
Having to start trade deals from scratch, and given our negotiating skills in just leaving the EU, Im not expecting my unicorn for some time. So im telling family to convert stable into an office.
Prime minister of Luxembourg of all places having a laugh at us.
Its awe inspiring really.

Maybe the up coming war between the USA and Iran, that no doubt we will be dragged into, will be a money spinner.

Can you please clarify if those predicted half a million job losses are the same ones predicted to be lost immediately after we voted to leave?

uk_jobs_vs_project_fear.jpg

As for the 'potential' outcomes, there has always been the potential for a breakup of the union see the last Scottish Independence referendum which took place while we were firmly embedded in the EU. Labour has recently been cosying up to the Scots Nats to secure their support in propping up a future 'potential' Labour minority government .... facilitating another referendum asap the likely price. Demographic shifts within Northern Ireland mean Catholics will most likely outnumber the protestant community at some point increasing pressure for a United Ireland. It could also be argued that Scots would be less likely to vote for independence after a no-deal Brexit as they would be out of the EU needing to apply to get in, adopt the Euro etc and a possible hard border with their most important trading partner ... England.

Many paramilitaries never went away and have been active for many years. I also find it a bit distasteful when people talk up the threat of terrorism as a supposed reason not to enact UK democratic decisions.

As has been stated numerous times we have already successfully negotiated numerous trade agreements.

The PM of Luxembourg pulled a cheap stunt cheered on by the #teameu crew on here which comes as no surprise.

More chance of seeing a Unicorn in your stable than the UK joining the US in a potential war with Iran.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Can you please clarify if those predicted half a million job losses are the same ones predicted to be lost immediately after we voted to leave?

As for the 'potential' outcomes, there has always been the potential for a breakup of the union see the last Scottish Independence referendum which took place while we were firmly embedded in the EU. Labour has recently been cosying up to the Scots Nats to secure their support in propping up a future 'potential' Labour minority government .... facilitating another referendum asap the likely price. Demographic shifts within Northern Ireland mean Catholics will most likely outnumber the protestant community at some point increasing pressure for a United Ireland. It could also be argued that Scots would be less likely to vote for independence after a no-deal Brexit as they would be out of the EU needing to apply to get in, adopt the Euro etc and a possible hard border with their most important trading partner ... England.

Many paramilitaries never went away and have been active for many years. I also find it a bit distasteful when people talk up the threat of terrorism as a supposed reason not to enact UK democratic decisions.

As has been stated numerous times we have already successfully negotiated numerous trade agreements.

The PM of Luxembourg pulled a cheap stunt cheered on by the #teameu crew on here which comes as no surprise.

More chance of seeing a Unicorn in your stable than the UK joining the US in a potential war with Iran.

Crickey - just think how many extra, extra jobs we'd have created without the spectre of Brexit hanging over our industry!

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

As has been stated numerous times we have already successfully negotiated numerous trade agreements? 30billion of the 289 ... good going.
What was the result of the last referendum in Scotland?
Nobody is 'talking up' terrorism. People are evaluating a real threat to peace in N.Ireland, because of a cluster**** of a decision.
Cheap stunt by the PM of Luxembourg? Really? Well, maybe they should have put more effort into rigging up all the necessary hardware for his office, in a few minutes, and cramming 124 journalists into it.
As for your chart delivered by the Brexiteers... brilliant.
What would stop the UK being allied with the US in a war with Iran, when we are so desperately seeking a trade deal with the US?

Also, as a champion of Brexit, what do you consider to be a good deal?

For your clarification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwsiDJAdX7k

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

As you've previously said there's solutions to avoiding a hard border in Ireland, why would there possibly be one between England and an independent Scotland? Or have they just made straw clutching an Olympic sport and you've suddenly and excitedly entered hard training instead to win the gold medal for Team Little England & Wales in Paris in 2024?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As has been stated numerous times we have already successfully negotiated numerous trade agreements? 30billion of the 289 ... good going.
What was the result of the last referendum in Scotland?
Nobody is 'talking up' terrorism. People are evaluating a real threat to peace in N.Ireland, because of a cluster**** of a decision.
Cheap stunt by the PM of Luxembourg? Really? Well, maybe they should have put more effort into rigging up all the necessary hardware for his office, in a few minutes, and cramming 124 journalists into it.
As for your chart delivered by the Brexiteers... brilliant.
What would stop the UK being allied with the US in a war with Iran, when we are so desperately seeking a trade deal with the US?

Yes, we have successfully negotiated numerous trade deals accounting for 89 billion pounds of our external trade .... good news! More to come I am sure.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-b...trade-deal-with-southern-africa-idUKKCN1VW1N5

You don't know?

Yes, yes they are.

Allowing protesters a few metres away from a press conference between two leaders to shout down the UK PM ... yep, cheap stunt.

Yes, Brillant and entirely accurate now what about an answer .... are they the same half a million?

When will this war take place and what's the name of your unicorn?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Looks like a rather impartial source as usual

Capture.JPG

Still to your Daily diet of the Sun, Express and Mail...

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Yes, we have successfully negotiated numerous trade deals accounting for 89 billion pounds of our external trade .... good news! More to come I am sure.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-b...trade-deal-with-southern-africa-idUKKCN1VW1N5

You don't know?

Yes, yes they are.

Allowing protesters a few metres away from a press conference between two leaders to shout down the UK PM ... yep, cheap stunt.

Yes, Brillant and entirely accurate now what about an answer .... are they the same half a million?

Yes, Brillant and entirely accurate now what about an answer .... are they the same half a million? --- 3 years down the line? What do you think..

When will this war take place and what's the name of your unicorn? Maybe you dont keep up with the news.

You forgot to mention what a good deal was?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As you've previously said there's solutions to avoiding a hard border in Ireland, why would there possibly be one between England and an independent Scotland? Or have they just made straw clutching an Olympic sport and you've suddenly and excitedly entered hard training instead to win the gold medal for Team Little England & Wales in Paris in 2024?

In the event of a no-deal which we were talking about If the EU insists the Irish put up a hard border against their wishes I expect they would do the same to Scotland.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

You don't know?

Yes, yes they are.

How's the US, Canada and Japan coming on? What do you reckon mid-November?

Total non-EU trade £642B, so £89B so far. Keep praying....

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here