Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Absolutely this. I had a conversation with someone who lives in Italy a couple of weeks ago who said exactly that, particularly because of the RESPECT we have been held in for decades!

Here's a straight cut and paste from a note arriving a couple of days ago from a friend in Tasmania. I have never discussed Brexit with her. (I think she puts the temperature in F on the assumption that this is what we still use.)

Not much in the way of news here except we are really hoping Spring is
here, as the last two days have been 68F and feeling so good!
I had to write this morning though, as you are still suffering the Brexit
situation. I keep wondering where the England I once knew and loved, has
gone? I think most people knew that Boris would fail and now you are
facing a General Election. We are daily bombarded with B* news and the
downward slide which will end who knows when and where? What do you and
your friends think?
It was so nice to get a few photos from

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Blimey, I have upset the whole of EU, I suppose it's possible but I doubt it!!

I am sure some are sad about us going, but they should have given May a better deal, but that's water under the bridge.

At the end of the day, we will still communicate with them we just don't want to jump on them in bed, they have rejected our advances far too often and ganged up upon us within their friend's circle.

It's just Au Revoir, so they need not be saddened.

Simplistic drivel.
You need at least a week to reflect before you write.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Firstly you make the sweeping implication that all 750 'unicorns' are the same - they are not. The UK only has 40 FTAs via the EU - you know, the big ones like Canada. The rest are bi-lateral agreements - generally created for specific goods. For example that we'll accept lamb from New Zealand if they accept our pork. Bi-lateral agreements shouldn't take too long to roll over from what we already have. I'll accept FTAs might take some time - but not the ridiculous 300 years that has been thrown around by some remainers.

And of course you conveniently fail to mention the 38 rollover deals we've already got signed - two very significant ones - one with Norway ( worth £30bn ) and one with Switzerland ( worth £32bn ). Accounting for around 5% of UK trade. But of course this doesn't fit with your doomsday narrative.

There was a specific reason I used the term 'Trade Arrangements'. Any idea why that may be :facepalm:

And where did 300 years come from? Even your friend JRM only estimated 50 years :lolol:

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Blimey, I have upset the whole of EU, I suppose it's possible but I doubt it!!

I am sure some are sad about us going, but they should have given May a better deal, but that's water under the bridge.

At the end of the day, we will still communicate with them we just don't want to jump on them in bed, they have rejected our advances far too often and ganged up upon us within their friend's circle.

It's just Au Revoir, so they need not be saddened.

There's something of the Millwall about this refrain that 'no one loves us and they're ganging up on us and it's just not fair'. We already get more concessions from the EU than any other country,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's something of the Millwall about this refrain that 'no one loves us and they're ganging up on us and it's just not fair'. We already get more concessions from the EU than any other country,

I have long since given up expecting any sense from [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] on this matter. A modicum of research would show that we have a far better deal than most EU states as it is. I'm sure there are reasons these deluded anti-EU people have for leaving but "they should have given May a better deal" or "rejected our advances far too often" is just clueless shit. Yet again.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
What do leavers actually consider to be a 'good deal' ?
Does it involve cake and eating it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There was a specific reason I said 'Trade Arrangements'. Any idea why that may be :facepalm:

Nice try of getting out of what you posted but no cigar :facepalm: You were the one that posted '750 Unicorns' thus suggesting all 750 unicorns were the same ….. which somewhat follows on from other remain supporters posts ….. and it isn't true. Yet not one word from you about the 38 deals already rolled over nor that some of those 'trade arrangements' ( I'll use your phrase just to keep you happy ) that are really so small they probably aren't worth trying to rollover. Oh, and the ones left to do will absolutely not take 300 years !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do leavers actually consider to be a 'good deal' ?
Does it involve cake and eating it?

It's been asked a bazillion times and so far - Leave Means Leaves - appears to be the most coherent answer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just panic bought my drugs for the next few months( actually I normally get 3 months worth at a time) you know stockpiling etc and seems as though there is a shortage of warfarin .5 and 1mg tablets...they are hoping to get them in the next week.

Pharmacist said that they came from an Anglo french company who had stopped supplying for some reason and they were trying to source from the far east at three times the cost to the NHS. I take a bit of a cocktail of pills that do make me rattle, but the pharmacist also warned me that the NHS were conducting a review of drugs and costs.

Luckily I am over 60 so they don’t cost me, but they obviously cost the NHS to supply them.

So if any other poor sods are out there who take warfarin, it may be worth checking out your stocks and if you are getting close, have a word with your DR and pharmacist.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just panic bought my drugs for the next few months( actually I normally get 3 months worth at a time) you know stockpiling etc and seems as though there is a shortage of warfarin .5 and 1mg tablets...they are hoping to get them in the next week.

Pharmacist said that they came from an Anglo french company who had stopped supplying for some reason and they were trying to source from the far east at three times the cost to the NHS. I take a bit of a cocktail of pills that do make me rattle, but the pharmacist also warned me that the NHS were conducting a review of drugs and costs.

Luckily I am over 60 so they don’t cost me, but they obviously cost the NHS to supply them.

So if any other poor sods are out there who take warfarin, it may be worth checking out your stocks and if you are getting close, have a word with your DR and pharmacist.

Two tablets I take regularly are on the list of medicines which may be in short supply if there is a no deal.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Its called Germany ++

No Euro
No Schenghen(apart from the Irish one that keeps the peace)
Large rebate
Labour controls from EU (if we want to enforce them)

The rest of Europe just don't understand our Little Englander tantrum...

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Its called Germany ++

No Euro
No Schenghen(apart from the Irish one that keeps the peace)
Large rebate
Labour controls from EU (if we want to enforce them)

The rest of Europe just don't understand our Little Englander tantrum...

They dont even understand the importance of a blue passport ffs

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know it’s hard to accept that you’re not right all the time but...

Portsmouth rating ADAWS trained therefore type 42’s and Invincible Class Carriers, all based in DSC back in the day as I hope you know?

I do now. Btw I read a great book about the Coventry in the Falklands written by Captain Hart (Miranda's Dad) Very moving and humble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here