Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was thinking more along the lines that they seem to be getting ever so more defensive as if they're about to make their last stand!

you still refering to the brexiteers, or the remainers?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And 17.4 is being banded about as 'the will of the people'. 17.4m isn't the majority of the country - just the majority of those that voted.

I suggest Ppf and his ladies get together and have a big ungrouping of their panties.
There's getting on for 50 million who arn't in that 17.4m.

50 million !!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And 17.4 is being banded about as 'the will of the people'. 17.4m isn't the majority of the country - just the majority of those that voted

But that's how elections work. You can only count those that voted - those that could but don't are effectively agreeing with whatever the outcome maybe. And that's one of the ironic things about this referendum. One of the most vocal groups against Brexit are the 18-25 group, yet they are the group that the fewest bothered to vote. Moral of the story, if you don't like what could come to pass, get off your lazy backside and vote. I have little sympathy with those that were able to vote and didn't.

There's getting on for 50 million who arn't in that 17.4m.

50 million !!

Given there's just shy of 46m people able to vote your maths seems somewhat out ( something many remainers seem to have in common :wink: ).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But that's how elections work. You can only count those that voted - those that could but don't are effectively agreeing with whatever the outcome maybe. And that's one of the ironic things about this referendum. One of the most vocal groups against Brexit are the 18-25 group, yet they are the group that the fewest bothered to vote. Moral of the story, if you don't like what could come to pass, get off your lazy backside and vote. I have little sympathy with those that were able to vote and didn't.

Given there's just shy of 46m people able to vote your maths seems somewhat out ( something many remainers seem to have in common :wink: ).
It is a certainty that 50 million citizens don't want fatal shortages of lifesaving isotopes - which is what we get with a *no deal* 'Robinson Crusoe' Brexit.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
It is a certainty that 50 million citizens don't want fatal shortages of lifesaving isotopes - which is what we get with a *no deal* 'Robinson Crusoe' Brexit.

there are no shortages of life saving isotopes. even the groups involved are not claiming that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But that's how elections work. You can only count those that voted - those that could but don't are effectively agreeing with whatever the outcome maybe. And that's one of the ironic things about this referendum. One of the most vocal groups against Brexit are the 18-25 group, yet they are the group that the fewest bothered to vote. Moral of the story, if you don't like what could come to pass, get off your lazy backside and vote. I have little sympathy with those that were able to vote and didn't..

It’s ok, they’ll get a chance to vote on it shortly :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
there are no shortages of life saving isotopes. even the groups involved are not claiming that.
There are none now. But when the isotopes - which decay quickly - are stuck in the backlog at Dover it'll be a far more tragic story.

If only someone had thought ahead 3 years ago and set up the plants to produce them in this country. Instead they were too busy brainstorming the next vacuous slogan.

And while they were at it, they should have built some more pharmaceutical factories, and also vast greenhouses and poly tunnels throughout the countryside.

And dedicated new fuel import infrastructure was needed as well.

The failure to prepare will become fatal.

Let's see your Black Swan documents, Govey !

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You are not reading my post accurately. Mouldy predicts violence/insurrection to come; sadly I tend to agree.
Violent extremists daily threaten MPS and one has decided to kill in the name of 'Britain First'; there is a good chance there are more like him out there.
At no point did I suggest or state that innocent leave voters are comparable. They are not. You made the link, not me.......

Sorry, I read your post where it said “Brexit demanding extremist” and felt I had understood perfectly what you were implying!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You can't count those that voted when postal votes go missing or arrive late. There are those who are affected that were barred from voting, like the three million workers who pay tax and NI in this country, but couldn't vote because they hold European passports.
They are allowed to vote in EU elections but not the most important vote to affect theirs, and in many cases, their children's lives.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
There are none now. But when the isotopes - which decay quickly - are stuck in the backlog at Dover it'll be a far more tragic story.

If only someone had thought ahead 3 years ago and set up the plants to produce them in this country. Instead they were too busy brainstorming the next vacuous slogan.

And while they were at it, they should have built some more pharmaceutical factories, and also vast greenhouses and poly tunnels throughout the countryside.

And dedicated new fuel import infrastructure was needed as well.

The failure to prepare will become fatal.

Let's see your Black Swan documents, Govey !

medical isotopes need rectors which one simply doesnt build (btw, the Dutch one shuts down in 5 years). Similar with the rest of pharma, you cant just build a new plant in each country, thats not how pharma production works (are the EU concerned about all the products from UK getting stuck?). greenhouses might help if we had more sun, and brexit doesnt increase our demand for fuel, so the existing infrastructure will suffice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you ready though ?
Regards
DG

This is the 136th time you've warned somebody to 'get ready' for Brexit. At the same time, you've repeatedly asserted that that it is going to be fine, and any possible negative is simply scare-mongering.

So, in what way exactly, are we supposed to 'get ready' or 'prepare'? And why do we NEED to? :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
isotopes need rectors which one simply doesnt build (btw, the Dutch one shuts down in 5 years). Similar with the rest of pharma, you cant simply build a plant in country, thats not how the production works. greenhouses might help if we had more sun, and brexit doesnt increase our demand for fuel, so the existing infrastructure will suffice.
These were the very basic preparations needed for a *Robinson Crusoe no deal* Brexit to avoid loss of life.

The minimum.

Sadly, dreaming up 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'Red, White and Blue Brexit' took up all the Government thinking and focus.

Absolute disgrace.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As my mother used to say when something wasn't quite right, "It will all come out in the wash".

Has anybody got a huge washing machine which can do a boil wash and take lots of bleach?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
These were the basic preparations needed for a *Robinson Crusoe no deal* Brexit to avoid loss of life.

The minimum.

Sadly, dreaming up 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'Red, White and Blue Brexit' took up all the Government thinking and focus.

Absolute disgrace.

Blimey - anyone would think it's a crazy idea, implemented by half-wits and supported by people who didn't realise they were shooting themselves in the foot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are you ready though ?
Regards
DG

At least most of us will have a chance to get ready. How we prepare is under our control to a degree. It's people who rely on benefits and government handouts I feel for, they will have no say and very, very little money with which to cope with the rising cost of living and the slashing of their funds.

I think there may well be "spilling of blood" after we crash out. But it will be the from the less well off leave voters who now realise the NHS don't have the supplies to cope with the effects of a lifetime of eating cheap processed food and a forty a day habit. Chances are they will only smash up their own local Londis so we should be okay.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At least most of us will have a chance to get ready. How we prepare is under our control to a degree. It's people who rely on benefits and government handouts I feel for, they will have no say and very, very little money with which to cope with the rising cost of living and the slashing of their funds.

I hope he hasn't read what the new woman in charge of the DWP has said about benefits. Amber Rudd & IDS are like the fairy godmother & Santa Claus compared to her.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here