Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Trust in British democracy is now all but dead.

I hope those who have all along intended to overturn the democratic instruction of the majority feel it was worth it.

I don't see how anything could be though. If you think living with no-deal would have been bad, well now we will have to live with no-democracy.

The price of all this is yet to be fully appreciated IMO, and it's going to be a far far higher price than no-deal in the long term.

For 3 years (and counting) the more rabid Leavers have been banging on about 'their vote' not being respected, but when a few Tory rebels exercise the same right to vote ( and it scuppers a few plans, temporarily at least,) the lot of you cry "Foul!"

The utter hypocrisy is both staggering and laughable in equal measure.

Actually, it's more laughable. :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I really struggle to understand how something as simple as the requirement to register as a resident would be a problem. You have twice mentioned ID cards, which is about citizenship and identity; something different. It happens all around the world. What’s the issue?

the issue is simply there is no law or requirement to register.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The ridiculous thing about this proposed election is it’s already being billed as a choice between Johnson and no deal or Corbyn and an extension followed by the unknown, yet surely the vast majority of the country don’t want either of those men as PM or either of those outcomes.

I wonder what the odds on Johnson waking are

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Has he? Johnson sounds lost but Corbyn has got nothing more than the same old rehearsed drivel that commits to nothing.

100 percent.

That’s how bad Johnson’s been

He tried to bait him to the election and it would have been easy to bite.

As I said, I’m not a fan at all, I don’t like him.

But he’s done well

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not entirely unrealistic I would say. He sounds beaten and he’s got remarkably little fight for someone who’s only a couple of months into the job. It must be starting to dawn on him that he has no way of delivering on his headline policy.

He leaves now and he has the excuse, well in his head he does.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the issue is simply there is no law or requirement to register.

I know there’s no requirement as that was the point in my initial post. As for a legal requirement, I can’t really see why this would be an issue to pass a law. More to my point, why has this never been done in the past? It’s utterly ludicrous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
interesting betting, for GE Labour 10/1, while next PM Corbyn 9/4. related, Italy 2/1 to leave the EU next, im surprised theres even a book on that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ken Clarke has basically just roasted Boris in to an impossible position. Best speech in the HoC for years and it came from a Tory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think if Labour had a leader with some personality and flexibility rather than a glorified protester they would be mauling Johnson.

This is exactly what I was just explaining to my Serbian boss. He's been trying to understand what this Brexit mess is all about and I've been struggling to fill him in!

Jan 30, 2008
interesting betting, for GE Labour 10/1, while next PM Corbyn 9/4. related, Italy 2/1 to leave the EU next, im surprised theres even a book on that.

Corbyns a **** end of ,a complete spanner he knows he hasn't got a hope in hell all commie bravado at best just to keep his comrades happy
regards
DF

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Most Democratic people would think so unfortunately we're dealing with MPs on an agenda, as I said reap what you sow ,if they honestly feel they're in touch with public opinion I think they're going to be in for a few surprises

regards
DF

Brexit Party, Tory Buffoon or Timmy Robinson for you lot at the next election should split the vote. Except Putin will tell you who to vote for via Trump.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here