Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Between me going off to do stuff yesterday morning and coming back to NSC this morning, do you want to guess how many hours you've spent logged on to NSC ?

I guess Irony is simply something else you don't understand :dunce:

And Tapatalk is something you don’t understand, it shows me logged in all the time you daft ****!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I pointed out in a previous post the people of NI have a democratic route to removing the Northern Ireland protocol (the consent mechanism), that's the path they should take if they are unhappy ... I condemn all violence.

Oh yes, the democratic route using Johnson's 'consent mechanism'. Instead of the Northern Ireland protocol, you can have a hard border between NI/Ireland, but it was you that did it, not me :dunce:

The way Johnson managed to stitch you and all your unionist friends up with such a simple lie

[Tweet]1184457851303014400[/Tweet]

I'm really not sure whether Johnson was a Genius to sell it or whether you were an idiot to buy it, I just can't make my mind up :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And Tapatalk is something you don’t understand, it shows me logged in all the time you daft ****!

And obviously logs you off and on and moves you round the different pages you were viewing, desperate to post a reply. It's damn clever, this tapatalk :dunce:

It's the Internet, It's digital :facepalm:

Late start today, maybe you should get out and enjoy the sunshine :bigwave:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And obviously logs you off and on and moves you round the different pages you were viewing, desperate to post a reply :dunce:

It's the Internet, It's digital :facepalm:

Late start today, maybe you should get out and enjoy the sunshine today.

And you enjoy wasting your day & expiring years ,staring at screens and being a shit stirring imbecile!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And you enjoy wasting your day & expiring years ,staring at screens and being a shit stirring imbecile!

Yes, you've made your point that you don't do Irony, no need to keep repeating yourself :lolol:

irony1
/ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes, you've made your point that you don't do Irony, no need to keep repeating yourself :lolol:

irony1
/ˈʌɪrəni/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

dickhead
/ˈdɪkhɛd/

a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This is a bit unfair to you, you’re not stupid!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And, back on topic, it seems that apart from it being unimplementable and triggering violence in NI, the UK and EU can't even agree the details of the Northern Ireland Protocol which was supposedly agreed and signed off three months ago.

Brexit: EU and UK 'still at odds' over subsidy rules

There appears to be "persistent and fundamental" differences between the UK and EU over a significant part of the NI Brexit deal, MPs have concluded. The European Scrutiny Committee has been examining the operation of the Northern Ireland Protocol. It said the EU and UK are still at odds over the extent to which EU subsidy rules still apply to UK businesses.

The terms of the NI Protocol, it means Northern Ireland is still in the EU single market for goods and remains subject to EU subsidy rules for trade in goods. However, Article 10 also says the UK as a whole should follow EU rules if a UK-wide subsidy could have an impact on trade in goods between Northern Ireland and the European Union.

For example, if a UK-wide subsidy was to give NI firms an unfair advantage over other companies in the EU single market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56684166

Is there a single aspect of Brexit that hasn't been a complete and utter clusterf*** :shootself

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And, back on topic, it seems that apart from it being unimplementable and triggering violence in NI, the UK and EU can't even agree the details of the Northern Ireland Protocol which was supposedly agreed and signed off three months ago.

Brexit: EU and UK 'still at odds' over subsidy rules

There appears to be "persistent and fundamental" differences between the UK and EU over a significant part of the NI Brexit deal, MPs have concluded. The European Scrutiny Committee has been examining the operation of the Northern Ireland Protocol. It said the EU and UK are still at odds over the extent to which EU subsidy rules still apply to UK businesses.

The terms of the NI Protocol, it means Northern Ireland is still in the EU single market for goods and remains subject to EU subsidy rules for trade in goods. However, Article 10 also says the UK as a whole should follow EU rules if a UK-wide subsidy could have an impact on trade in goods between Northern Ireland and the European Union.

For example, if a UK-wide subsidy was to give NI firms an unfair advantage over other companies in the EU single market.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56684166

Is there a single aspect of Brexit that hasn't been a complete and utter clusterf*** :shootself

One beneficial aspect has been that we see a lot less of Farage, but that is about it for me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why is it that from the Brexit side of the argument, only JCFG and Pastafarian engage in any sort of conversation about the actual issues, and even then it is always a semantic sidestep?
Could it be that there is no pro Brexit argument to make, now all the chickens have come home to roost?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Why is it that from the Brexit side of the argument, only JCFG and Pastafarian engage in any sort of conversation about the actual issues, and even then it is always a semantic sidestep?
Could it be that there is no pro Brexit argument to make, now all the chickens have come home to roost?

Could it be that the race is run, the majority have spoken, we are now an independent,sovereign nation trading in the global market? Perhaps it’s time for you merchants of doom and despair to dry your eyes and concede that the democratic will of the British people has been upheld... we have left the corrupt Reich.. get over it, move on with your life.
Don’t forget our little wager[emoji6]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Could it be that the race is run, the majority have spoken, we are now an independent,sovereign nation trading in the global market? Perhaps it’s time for you merchants of doom and despair to dry your eyes and concede that the democratic will of the British people has been upheld... we have left the corrupt Reich.. get over it, move on with your life.
Don’t forget our little wager[emoji6]

Wouldn't the merchants of doom and despair be the people that sold you a project that creates doom and despair? I know they sold it as sunlit uplands, and all upside no downside, but if someone sold you a box that they said had doughnuts in it, but when you opened it up it had a dog turds coiled into the shape of doughnuts, you would say they had sold you a box of turd wouldn't you?

I am the bloke that warned you it was dog turd, is trying to tell you now it is dog turd, but you just keep on chomping down and telling me I should just eat some too. It doesn't matter how democratically the mistake was made, a mistake is a mistake, and we should not all have to live with the mistake and be told it can't be fixed, just because it was made democratically, we can fix it democratically too.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
2.55 describes the chaps on here, in too deep.

This is position with the large proportion of the UK print media, they know its a disaster but they are too deep into the lie to admit it.

Its little surprise they tried to make so much hay from the UK being 5 weeks ahead of the EU on the vaccine rollout, its all they have.

Sorry guys, but if you want Brexit to be justified you need to do a lot better than that

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1380312139114627077[/tweet]

Johnson did something he said no PM would ever do, but with standards in public life so low in Johnson's Brexit Britain, it doesn't seem to matter anymore

He has basically pissed on all the hard won peace in Ireland turning us into an International pariah. Others are taking note and treading carefully...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

mmm-taking-back.jpg

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Probably because you lot are mainly perceived as blinkered, prejudiced, tiresome, close-minded, radicalised, needy, disingenuous, dishonest and that's just the less fruity descriptions ...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Probably because you lot are mainly perceived as blinkered, prejudiced, tiresome, close-minded, radicalised, needy, disingenuous, dishonest and that's just the less fruity descriptions ...

why do you feel the need to pigeonhole everyone? seems like it was just an observation on the recent activity of the thread.

To notice Brexit isn't going well doesn't make you a remainer you simply need eyes and ears

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here